Windows 10: Unable to log in to network computer

Discus and support Unable to log in to network computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Each time I try to log in to a particular networked computer ( #3) from Computer #4 , a windows security essentials pop up and asks for credentials... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sportflyer, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Unable to log in to network computer

Each time I try to log in to a particular networked computer ( #3) from Computer #4 , a windows security essentials pop up and asks for credentials even though I checked on allowing access without passwords in computer #3 . In any case when I typed in the user name and password for computer ( #3) , I keep getting error indicating wrong user or password. However the reverse from computer #3 to #4 is OK . Please advise what is going on and how to fix? BTW all my networked computers do not require password and I am not using workgroup or homegroup just simply network shares. Tks

:)

sportflyer, Dec 22, 2015

2. Unable to Log in to the computer Windows 10

I have a new Computer that came with Microsoft version 10 . I cannot access it .its asking for a key code to activated...

Original Title: Help...

Marcia White, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Unable to Log in to the computer Windows 10

I have a similar issue but it was due to a hardware upgrade, my cpu started to burnout, so we swapped the entire set of drives to a new cpu, and as advised downloaded the November update but its still asking for a product key. as this was a free windows
    10 upgrade , the product key I have won't work so I am left with a banner on he side of my screen asking me to update windows and I can't!

RuthLonghurst, Dec 22, 2015
  4. Unable to log in to network computer

Even though you have "allow access" without passwords checked, sometimes Windows 10 will still need a username the first time you access those shares. so, from computer #4 try to access computer #3, when prompted for credentials use a user name/password from computer #3 like this: computernumber3\username and then put the password in the password field. Hope this helps.

play2mefish, Dec 22, 2015
  5. Adding the computer name before the user name did the trick. Thanks

sportflyer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to log in to network computer

1. Unable to log in to network computer - Similar Threads - Unable log network

2. Unable to log into my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log into my computer.: I am having similar issue. I have changed my password but still unable to log into my computer. I have not used it for awhile so not sure what the issue is. I have tried all the trouble shooting but still unable to log. It is telling me to change my password which i have...
  3. unable to log in to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to log in to my computer: fail to log in to my computer, but when it asks me to set up one, it says something's wrong and asks to try again, yet when i press skip this step, it reloads to the original page again which tells me to lock in all over again. i saw the method of pressing window button + I...
  4. Cannot log on to computer in network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log on to computer in network: I am the administrator of all computers on my network, yet I can't log into one of the computers. I keep getting this error shown below All c:\ drives are shared as are all folders on them. All permissions are granted to Administrators, Users, Guests, etc.. Any help would be...
  5. Cannot log on to computer in network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log on to computer in network: I am the administrator of all computers on my network, yet I can't log into one of the computers. I keep getting this error shown below All c:\ drives are shared as are all folders on them. All permissions are granted to Administrators, Users, Guests, etc.. Any help would be...
  6. Cannot log on to computer in network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. unable to log into computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to log into computer: i usually use my finger print to sign in but all of a sudden it requires a pin to log in too and i forgot my pin. i went to make a new one but it says that ‘We weren’t able to set up PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later’. the problem is i cannot...
  8. Networked computer log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Networked computer log in: Hello. Quick question. I’m trying to get into an old work computer. We don’t know the password and the person who used the computer in the past can not be contacted for the password. Is there a way to reset the password? There are still files that we’ll need to get at so a...
  9. Unable to log onto network computer

Unable to log onto network computer: I am unable to log onto my second Win 10 computer. I am using the same credentials I use to log on directly but they are not working from the other computer....
  10. Unable to log into computer.

Unable to log into computer.: Hope all is well. I'm unable to log onto my laptop. When I turn my computer on and click the internet Icon to connect so I can use my password for entry Microsoft requirement the only option is given is airplane mode. I've tried using an Ethernet plugging it directly into the...