Windows 10: Unable to log into other accounts from sign-in screen

Discus and support Unable to log into other accounts from sign-in screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently upgrade two home computers to Windows 10. One from Windows 8.1 and one from Windows 7. The windows 7 upgrade has been flawless so far. On... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by miltos, Aug 10, 2015.

1. miltos Win User

Unable to log into other accounts from sign-in screen

I recently upgrade two home computers to Windows 10. One from Windows 8.1 and one from Windows 7. The windows 7 upgrade has been flawless so far. On the other machine (previously Windows 8.1) I have two accounts. One is the administrator account, which I use, and one is my son's account.

Once my son's account is logged in, the ONLY way to log into the administrator account is to select it from the start menu. Once the sign-in screen appears - from logging out, from the machine sleeping, or from a restart - there is no way (that I have found) to select the admin account for logging in. I have clicked everywhere, tried several function keys and alt-function combos, looked at all the settings and googled quite a bit with no solution.

Again, the problem is that once the sign-in screen appears, the ONLY way to log into my admin account is to first log into my son's account and the select the admin account from the start menu.

My other machine, upgraded from Windows 7, has the same two user accounts and does NOT have this problem. It always shows both accounts to select on the sign-in screen.

The admin account was previously a local account that I converted to a Microsoft account (by signing in with my Microsoft ID). My son's account was created new after the Windows 10 upgrade. It is tied to his Microsoft account.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

miltos, Aug 10, 2015

2. Error 0x80180018 when trying to add a second work account on Windows 10

The previous account you were logged into prior to creating the other Local Account with the Work Account, are you unable to log into that account now?

Is the new Work account you created now missing from the sign in screen?

Andre Da Costa, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Unable to see new users in the windows 10 login screen

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Core. After migration I am able to log into windows 10 using my Microsoft account. I subsequently added my Wife to the family in the settings - accounts - Family and other users screen. I had to create her
    outlook account. I logged in into her newly created outlook account and accepted the invite in her inbox. After this, her account was showing up in the Family and other users screen with status "Can Sign in".

However when I am restarting the lap top, I am unable to see the option for her to log into the laptop. The log in screen shows only my user id. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Regards

Sanjay_Rao, Aug 10, 2015
  4. miltos Win User

Bumping this. Does anyone have any thoughts?

miltos, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Unable to log into other accounts from sign-in screen - Similar Threads - Unable log accounts

2. Other microsoft account is logged in and I can't sign it out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other microsoft account is logged in and I can't sign it out: I have my microsoft account signed in on my laptop. My sister one day, logged in her hotmail account on microsoft word to sync her files and ever since then, I can't sign it out to sign in my account. The microsoft account signed in the laptop became hers including the...
  3. Other microsoft account is logged in and I can't sign it out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other microsoft account is logged in and I can't sign it out: I have my microsoft account signed in on my laptop. My sister one day, logged in her hotmail account on microsoft word to sync her files and ever since then, I can't sign it out to sign in my account. The microsoft account signed in the laptop became hers including the...
  4. Can't sign into other users from sign in screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign into other users from sign in screen: I was trying to sign in to my other account on my PC from the sign-in screen and I couldn't access it. I had looked up some things and they hadn't worked. I'm not sure what to do at this point so if anyone knows how I could fix this I would be grateful if you told me how. My...
  5. Can't sign into other users from sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into other users from sign in screen: I was trying to sign in to my other account on my PC from the sign-in screen and I couldn't access it. I had looked up some things and they hadn't worked. I'm not sure what to do at this point so if anyone knows how I could fix this I would be grateful if you told me how. My...
  6. Can't sign into other users from sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. log in to other accounts on pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    log in to other accounts on pc: How to log in to other accounts on pc [Moved from: Microsoft Education / Office / Word] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-to-other-accounts-on-pc/3afb3aa2-49bd-4c05-8aea-5eefa417e63b
  8. Blue screen and unable to log in to microsoft account from surface pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen and unable to log in to microsoft account from surface pro: My surface went into blue screen directly from sleep mode. I have tried to restore windows 10, keeping personal files. I have entered bit key but next step is enter password. Microsoft states it is wrong password it wasnt so I reset password using another device. Using new...
  9. My log on screen ONLY shows a deleted user's account. No other sign in options mine and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My log on screen ONLY shows a deleted user's account. No other sign in options mine and...: First off, I'm not really that savvy with computers, just the basics. That being said, my wife used the computer last. When I logged in hurriedly yesterday, it was rejected and for some reason, the screen prompted me to the screen with hers as the ONLY option to sign in....
  10. Account unable to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account unable to sign in: Hello, My admin account is not showing on sign in screen and when I try to sign in using local account an error displayed showing 'The user profile service failed the sign in'. I try to boot in safe mode but the problem remain same .Please help....