Windows 10: Unable to log into Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to log into Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My wife is able to log in into her Microsoft account in Windows 10 on the laptop but as of a few days ago is no longer able to do so on the desktop.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TMcL, Mar 15, 2016.

1. TMcL Win User

Unable to log into Windows 10

My wife is able to log in into her Microsoft account in Windows 10 on the laptop but as of a few days ago is no longer able to do so on the desktop. When trying to log in it says 'Preparing Windows'. Then 'You have been signed in with a temporary profile. You can't access your files, etc.'. Then three notifications appear saying 'An app caused a problem with the default app setting for .pdf/.html/.htm files so it was reset to Microsoft Edge". Can anyone help get her back to being able to login in with her Microsoft account and thus being able to access all of her files? Thanks.

:)

2. Unable to log into Windows 10

Thanks for replying

Unfortunately, this has not fixed the problem

Stillie123, Mar 15, 2016
  3. Unable to log-into Windows 10

I keep getting this message "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC" I have tried so many times. actually none of the options seem to work.

SamuelKigamba, Mar 15, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Mar 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Unable to log into Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable log

2. Unable to Log into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Log into Microsoft Account: I hope you're all doing well.I'm having some trouble logging into my Microsoft account and could really use some assistance.Here's the situation: I've tried all my usual passwords, but none of them seem to be working. So, I went through the account recovery process and...
  3. Unable to Log into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Log into Microsoft Account: I hope you're all doing well.I'm having some trouble logging into my Microsoft account and could really use some assistance.Here's the situation: I've tried all my usual passwords, but none of them seem to be working. So, I went through the account recovery process and...
  4. My 10 years old son is unable to log into his Windows account before 7:00 am.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 10 years old son is unable to log into his Windows account before 7:00 am.: I can't find where to adjust this in the Family Safety app using either the Windows app or the Android app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-10-years-old-son-is-unable-to-log-into-his/11af9b9b-e619-46ac-8307-d5e39ac37f4f
  5. My 10 years old son is unable to log into his Windows account before 7:00 am.

My 10 years old son is unable to log into his Windows account before 7:00 am.: I can't find where to adjust this in the Family Safety app using either the Windows app or the Android app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-10-years-old-son-is-unable-to-log-into-his/11af9b9b-e619-46ac-8307-d5e39ac37f4f
  6. Unable to log in to my laptop windos 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in to my laptop windos 11: This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again"....
  7. Unable to log in to my laptop windos 11

Unable to log in to my laptop windos 11: This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again"....
  8. Unable to log into laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log into laptop: An individual I am being generous by identifying them as "An individual" called me and said they were from HP and said I purchased a five-year security plan about two years ago. Now I am an old man that is losing his memory but I am still in the here and now but I do remember...
  9. Unable to log into laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log into laptop: An individual I am being generous by identifying them as "An individual" called me and said they were from HP and said I purchased a five-year security plan about two years ago. Now I am an old man that is losing his memory but I am still in the here and now but I do remember...
  10. Unable to log into laptop