Windows 10: Unable to login due to an ex-employee setup the password

Discus and support Unable to login due to an ex-employee setup the password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, First of all, thank you for looking at my post. I have a small business which I purchased a PC using Windows10. I recently had to terminate... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Banzaisan, May 13, 2016.

1. Banzaisan Win User

Unable to login due to an ex-employee setup the password

Hello,

First of all, thank you for looking at my post. I have a small business which I purchased a PC using Windows10. I recently had to terminate one of my employee (who setup the O/S & password) and stupid me didn't create an admin profile. Now that he's gone, I cannot login to this PC. I'm not concern about retrieving any data. All I want to do is make this PC usable again.

Is there a way to reload the operating system without login in? Or do I need to buy another operating system?

Any guidance is appreciated.

-Dave

:)

Banzaisan, May 13, 2016

2. Unable to login due to "incorrect password"

Hi,

Resetting your password is a possible solution for this issue. Please check this
    article
    and follow the detailed troubleshooting steps provided to help you recover your account.

If you have other queries, let us know.

Robert Caw, May 13, 2016
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Unable to login due to "incorrect password"

RH,

Unlike the "Microsoft" poster above, I have read your question. I also understand it.

I am afraid that the only suggestion we are allowed to make in this forum for your situation is to reinstall Windows.

After you reinstall, create an additional [i.e. spare] password-protected Admin user account and write its password down somewhere that is secure from loss.

• If you ever get this problem again then you can use this account to get into the computer.
    • The spare account will be reliable - it is highly unlikely to experience problems because it is generally the accounts that are logged in to that suffer from afflictions such as your current one.

Denis

Tryx3, May 13, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

If you have a usb or dvd boot, or the original Windows install dvd for that computer, you're good to go. And, please make sure you have the top admin acct under your password for all the rest of the computers -- you're the IT person, do it without being in the faces of the other employees. *Smile

RolandJS, May 13, 2016
  5. TrustMe Win User
    Here is the link to download the Windows 10 ISO file. Just extract the ISO to USB or burn it to DVD.

When it asks for a product key just hit "skip". Do not enter one. It will activate automatically once you go on the Internet. Just make sure to install the same version Windows 10 that was originally installed (Home or Pro).

Tech Bench

TrustMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to login due to an ex-employee setup the password - Similar Threads - Unable login due

2. Microsoft Company Pathetic behavior to its Ex-employee.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Company Pathetic behavior to its Ex-employee.: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I tried to write up multiple email to this Id for concern related to my Pf and they were not responding over the email. Anyone on this please assist here on priority. After raising the complaint with EPFO team they suggested the...
  3. Microsoft Company Pathetic behavior to its Ex-employee.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Company Pathetic behavior to its Ex-employee.: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I tried to write up multiple email to this Id for concern related to my Pf and they were not responding over the email. Anyone on this please assist here on priority. After raising the complaint with EPFO team they suggested the...
  4. How can I log into an ex-employee's Windows 11 desktop if they won't give us the password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I log into an ex-employee's Windows 11 desktop if they won't give us the password: I am having trouble logging into one of our ex-employee's desktop computers. You could say this employee was disgruntled when they left and changed the login password to their computer. I have taken over for this employee as the HR Manager and need to be able to access the...
  5. How can I log into an ex-employee's Windows 11 desktop if they won't give us the password

How can I log into an ex-employee's Windows 11 desktop if they won't give us the password: I am having trouble logging into one of our ex-employee's desktop computers. You could say this employee was disgruntled when they left and changed the login password to their computer. I have taken over for this employee as the HR Manager and need to be able to access the...
  6. Can't Login due to wrong password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Login due to wrong password.: Hi!It's been three days that I've been trying to open the laptop of my co-worker. The main reason is that she forgot her laptop password. Been trying with the best of my knowledge to solve the issues but to no avail. Take note that the user doesn't have any reset password...
  7. Can't Login due to wrong password.

Can't Login due to wrong password.: Hi!It's been three days that I've been trying to open the laptop of my co-worker. The main reason is that she forgot her laptop password. Been trying with the best of my knowledge to solve the issues but to no avail. Take note that the user doesn't have any reset password...
  8. unable to setup fingerprint lock due finger already been setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to setup fingerprint lock due finger already been setup: how can i setup the fingerprint on fresh install windows 11 with this problem shows up, even after using another finger to set it up it still use pin code not the fingerprint...
  9. unable to setup fingerprint lock due finger already been setup

unable to setup fingerprint lock due finger already been setup: how can i setup the fingerprint on fresh install windows 11 with this problem shows up, even after using another finger to set it up it still use pin code not the fingerprint...
  10. Unable to login, no password field.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to login, no password field.: I have a friend's HP Omni 120-1133w which was upgraded from win7 to win10 and was working fine. She had a power outage and ever since can't log in. It boots up to the lock screen with the time in the left corner and the wireless icon in the right corner. When you hit any key...