Windows 10: Unable to login. Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen.

Discus and support Unable to login. Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I opened my laptop to a blue screen asking to select default language (not seen this before). Selected UK. Next screen indicated default OS as Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paddy160, May 27, 2018.

1. Paddy160 Win User

Unable to login. Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen.

I opened my laptop to a blue screen asking to select default language (not seen this before).
    Selected UK.
    Next screen indicated default OS as Windows rollback, so changed to Win 10.
    Now on startup am unable to access mouse or keyboard to login.
    I have saved all data in Safe Mode (F4)
    Any ideas would be appreciated

:)

Paddy160, May 27, 2018

2. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 27, 2018
  3. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive at lock screen

Hi Sean,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on
      Restart
      at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>
      Restart >>Choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse/keyboard works, then update the Mouse and keyboard driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, May 27, 2018
Thema:

Unable to login. Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen.

1. Unable to login. Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen. - Similar Threads - Unable login Mouse

2. Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen: I reset my pc and at the screen where i have to login with my password, my keybourd and mouse don't work, but in bios or something they do. What should i do?...
  3. Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen: I reset my pc and at the screen where i have to login with my password, my keybourd and mouse don't work, but in bios or something they do. What should i do?...
  4. Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen: It is as the title says, i cant use my keyboard or my mouse therefore not allowing me to do anything at the login screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-wont-work-on-login-screen/4a8f705d-a0ec-447e-8fda-430c633ca533
  6. Mouse and keyboard not working at Windows login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and keyboard not working at Windows login screen: Decided to reboot my PC today in an attempt to resolve un unrelated problem, but upon reboot I found myself unable to login to Windows because my mouse and keyboard appear complitely unresponsive. They both work just fine in BIOS and I tried fiddling aroung the USB settings...
  7. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and keyboard not working on startup screen: I suspect the latest update, this has happened before. Previously, booting into safe mode worked for solving this problem, but it hasnt worked this time. Looking for next steps. Also the password from my live account isn't working on my computer. I would like to keepy...
  8. Keyboard and mouse not responding at login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse not responding at login screen: I was fettling my fan curves on my ASrock X570 pro4 (AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with 32GB 3000 DDR4, 512Gb Nvme SSD) to quieten it down a little, I was using the ASrock utility in Windows 10 (2004 update). The temps were at about 40degrees (CPU and motherboard) 52degrees (chipset)...
  9. Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen. Unable to login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen. Unable to login.: I opened my laptop to a blue screen asking to select default language (not seen this before). Selected UK. Next screen indicated default OS as Windows rollback, so changed to Win 10. Now on startup am unable to access mouse or keyboard to login. I have saved all data in Safe...
  10. Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen: Recently I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 however this caused several issues with my laptop so I reversed the upgrade back to 8.1. My Kaspersky AntiVirus would then not work leaving just a blank logo on my desktop. I tried to uninstall kaspersky using the uninstall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard mouse disable after windows logon

2. mouse and keyboard disabled after startup

3. mouse and keyboard disable when in windows login