Windows 10: Unable to login to PC account. Password Incorrect

Discus and support Unable to login to PC account. Password Incorrect in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Long story. When I converted my W7 system to W10 I used an MS account from when I had an MSDN subscription and I was using for Skype, however, I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PoBear, Aug 24, 2015.

1. PoBear Win User

Unable to login to PC account. Password Incorrect

Long story.

When I converted my W7 system to W10 I used an MS account from when I had an MSDN subscription and I was using for Skype, however, I caught out when using the system builds with windows trying to send an email to the address which was no longer valid.

Anyway, I updated the account to my current Gmail account (by making it the primary and the original a secondary) and tested it for a week with everything seeming to be OK. I've set up a new user on my PC for the new account, but when I try an log in with it I get a message that that the password is incorrect. I've validated the p/w that I'm using is the correct one for my MS account.

I can't reset the password in windows and there is no option to create a password reset disk, I've even tried turning off passwords to no effect. To make matters worse I can't log in to MS on the PC account that is still working so most of the apps are unusable. It comes up with a password prompt, accepts the pw and then brings the prompt up again with no error messages.

Any ideas?

:)

PoBear, Aug 24, 2015
  2. Rak Tal Win User

Unable to sign in, Error: The parameter is incorrect.

I used to login using my PIN all these days. One day morning, I have only password option. There is no option to switch between PIN and Password entry. I continue and enter my outlook password, I get the error

"The parameter is incorrect"

My network status on the computer says "Connected".

From another PC, I goto my online outlook account (or Live account) and change the password. I retry and am still not able to login.I know my password is valid and outlook account is in good state. I am not sure why I am unable to login to the PC.

Anyone knows why this is happening? It is very critical I get back into my work PC.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Original title: Unable to login to Windows 10

Rak Tal, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Cannot login to user account after anniversary update

Hello,

I turned on my PC this morning and was unable to login to my user account. The password I typed in was incorrect. Blaming it on my short night of sleep, I changed the password, but to no avail.

Anyone with the same problem who had it fixed? Any tips?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

DennisPierins, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

Unable to login to PC account. Password Incorrect

1. Unable to login to PC account. Password Incorrect - Similar Threads - Unable login account

2. Local account password forgotten ,unable to login PC windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account password forgotten ,unable to login PC windows: Local account password forgotten ,unable to login PC windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-password-forgotten-unable-to-login/f5145907-baed-4746-8e89-d11666404a1c
  3. Local account password forgotten ,unable to login PC windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local account password forgotten ,unable to login PC windows: Local account password forgotten ,unable to login PC windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-password-forgotten-unable-to-login/f5145907-baed-4746-8e89-d11666404a1c
  4. Local account password forgotten ,unable to login PC windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Troubleshooting login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting login password incorrect: Hey i had the problem where my PIN wasn't working so I tried troubleshooting and whenever I try troubleshoot like start repair or command prompt it tells me to enter my password for account but when I do it says password is incorrect for no reason any help?...
  6. Troubleshooting login password incorrect

Troubleshooting login password incorrect: Hey i had the problem where my PIN wasn't working so I tried troubleshooting and whenever I try troubleshoot like start repair or command prompt it tells me to enter my password for account but when I do it says password is incorrect for no reason any help?...
  7. Windows Login Incorrect Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Login Incorrect Password: Weirdest thing happened to me this morning. Woke up and found that I'm unable to login to my laptop even with the correct password. All the other login options also disappeared (fingerprint & PIN). Fortunately I was able to change my password using another admin account in...
  8. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  9. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  10. Unable to login to PC password incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login to PC password incorrect: I was active Safe Boot. Then after restart windows 10 in my lonovo lap, i cant access password . Its sayd incorrect .. I check the key bord and tring on screen key bord. Pls help me.. ***Original title : Safe Boot restart password incorrect***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to login to the pc incorrect passowrd

2. unable to login to pc password incorrect