Windows 10: Unable to login with Microsoft account.

Discus and support Unable to login with Microsoft account. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Since I bought this PC I've logged into it with myMicrosoft user account which uses my own domain email account. The account had the display name of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by norman, Oct 12, 2017.

1. norman Win User

Unable to login with Microsoft account.

Since I bought this PC I've logged into it with myMicrosoft user account which uses my own domain email account. The account had the display name of but the folder in "Users" was named with only used the the first 5 characters "norma". This has never been a problem until the last update.

After the last update I logged in with my user name and I received the message that my personal settings were being updated but the dialog was "not responding". I waited for some time and restarted (several times) without having any success in logging in. I have a small laptop which has also just updated and I get the same problem using that. This seems to me to be a problem with my microsoft roaming profile. I was able to log in with my wife's ID on the laptop but there is no other ID on the desktop PC that I could try.

I decided to "restore" to a previous restore point and that cured the problem, initially. However the PC then downloaded the same update and wanted a re-boot to complete the installation. This I did but I'm back to where I was before.

I can create a new account on the desktop and log in to that but I need access to all my data and held under my original ID. This includes 750 Gb of data held on my OneDrive folder and on-line. I really don't want to have to download all that data from OneDrive again.

Any suggestions for refreshing the profile (ntuser.dat) to repair the problem. What would happen if I deleted the file?

Regards,

:)

norman, Oct 12, 2017

2. Unable to login with microsoft account

I am having this problem while trying to use the sign in with windows option in settings... There is no problem while signing in with the browser and I haven't made any changes whatsoever... I was trying to download something from the store but was unable
    to do so... Some link suggested that I should sign out and sign in again but after signing out I haven't been able to sign back in.

KESHAVBIHANI, Oct 12, 2017
  3. Unable to login with microsoft account

Once I enter email id and password for logging it... It says there has be an error on our end... Please try again

Please help regarding this.

Unable to login with Microsoft account. [​IMG]

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings)

KESHAVBIHANI, Oct 12, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Plankton, Oct 12, 2017
  5. norman Win User
    I've looked there but there's no repair option. Only add or remove.

norman, Oct 12, 2017
  6. norman Win User
    OK so no one had the answer. I'm left with the only option being to log in as administrator and remove my usual login name and account and re-create it with the same Microsoft credentials and hope that my Office 365 membership and my OneDrive data gets linked to the replaced user ID.

Has anyone done this? I really don't want to upload or download 750GB of OneDrive data again.

norman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to login with Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Unable login Microsoft

2. Unable to login with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login with Microsoft Account: I can't log in Microsoft account through Setting or other applications needs to login Microsoft account.When I clicked the button the window flashback and nothing happened.I've referred to Link: This, but as a result, it doesn't take effect.And I'm trying not to reinstall my...
  3. Unable to login with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login with Microsoft Account: I can't log in Microsoft account through Setting or other applications needs to login Microsoft account.When I clicked the button the window flashback and nothing happened.I've referred to Link: This, but as a result, it doesn't take effect.And I'm trying not to reinstall my...
  4. Unable to login to my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to my microsoft account.: When i try to login to my microsoft account it says the account does not exist create a new one but i already have an account with a lot of data stored on it. And when i try to create a new one it says account exists. What is going on? Please help.Thank you....
  5. Unable to login to my microsoft account.

Unable to login to my microsoft account.: When i try to login to my microsoft account it says the account does not exist create a new one but i already have an account with a lot of data stored on it. And when i try to create a new one it says account exists. What is going on? Please help.Thank you....
  6. Unable to login to my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Unable to login in Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login in Microsoft account.: Currently, I'm in India but bought the laptop from the US.Account registered by US contact number then after permanently close the service of that contact number as I'm in India now. Don't remember the account password and now unable to reset the passwordDisplay the US...
  8. Unable to login in Microsoft account.

Unable to login in Microsoft account.: Currently, I'm in India but bought the laptop from the US.Account registered by US contact number then after permanently close the service of that contact number as I'm in India now. Don't remember the account password and now unable to reset the passwordDisplay the US...
  9. Unable to Login to Microsoft Account on Apps

Unable to Login to Microsoft Account on Apps: I've been working with Techs all day through Support in regards to my issue. One of them went through and changed my login to be done by local account, with the intension of adding my Microsoft account back once I logged back in. Safe to say, that did not work and I am unable...
  10. Unable to login into Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login into Microsoft Account: I was trying to install Turbo Tax and have a problem with NET frame 5.4.2. I googled it and was advised to go to Control Panel to change to Selective Startup and restart. After doing that, I restart my computer and my Microsoft account does not recognize either my PIN or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft email login assistance and phone lost unable to accet code