Windows 10: Unable to open Edge after profile migration

Discus and support Unable to open Edge after profile migration in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi All, Looking for a little help with the MS Edge following a profile migration... The browser flashes the blue screen with the Egde logo and the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mehtaman, Aug 15, 2015.

1. mehtaman Win User

Unable to open Edge after profile migration

Hi All,

Looking for a little help with the MS Edge following a profile migration...
    The browser flashes the blue screen with the Egde logo and the terminates (no processes for Edge in task manager).

I obviously installed Windows 10 and then I migrated the profile by following the post below:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-location.html

I have tried running SFC /SCANNOW but it is unable to fix the issues found:

Code: C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios.[/quote] Is there any way to run a repair on MS Edge or a way to repoint the app to my new profile location (D:\Users\<username>).

Thank you

:)

mehtaman, Aug 15, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge Disappeared and Taskbar Not responding !! windows 10

The problem was finally fixed by the Microsoft Help Desk. They created an entirely new Profile, "migrated" my data from the existing Profile to the new one, and then had me delete the old profile. They said something like there was a corruption, but didn't
    give details. The migration took over 30 minutes.

Yes. The problem was fixed. Microsoft Edge now works properly. Unfortunately, the "migration" process did not work properly and all of my Outlook files were deleted -- emails, contact, and calendars. Settings too!
    OUCH!

It seems they could have solved the problem far more easily. Like deleting Microsoft Edge and reinstalling it.

Billy Bob 96, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 15, 2015
  4. mehtaman Win User

mehtaman, Aug 15, 2015
  5. mehtaman Win User
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

mehtaman, Aug 16, 2015
  6. emrsw01 Win User
    Have the same issue on my laptop using 10 home.
    Spoke to MS online and they logged into my pc and created a new local user.
    logged in using the new user id and Edge was fine but no use to me as all my stuff is held in my original user account so i deleted the new user as soon as ms logged out.
    Problem is obviously account related and seems to be affecting lots of users.
    My desktop pc running 10 pro is fine. I have the PCs syncronised using same ms log on.
    Still hoping for an update from ms to correct this problem.Chrome and IE both ok.

emrsw01, Aug 16, 2015
  7. mehtaman Win User
    Hi emrsw01,
    Thanks for the info...
    I also tried the same -> under the local admin account Edge is fine. For my own account I need to use a different browser.

I've had a read of this article and think I may have messed up my profile:
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/dont-mo...another-drive/

mehtaman, Aug 16, 2015
  8. emrsw01 Win User

On my laptop all the user settings are in default.
    When i originally upgraded to 10 Edge worked ok so suspect the problem may be as a result of a MS update.

emrsw01, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to open Edge after profile migration - Similar Threads - Unable open Edge

2. Migration of windows profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migration of windows profile: We're joining users to the domain, and we need to migrate their local user accounts with all their existing data from My Documents, Desktop, Installed Software, and etc. to their domain profile. How to do this properly, and will the Command Prompt username also be migrated...
  3. Migration of windows profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migration of windows profile: We're joining users to the domain, and we need to migrate their local user accounts with all their existing data from My Documents, Desktop, Installed Software, and etc. to their domain profile. How to do this properly, and will the Command Prompt username also be migrated...
  4. Migration of windows profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Migrate from domain profile to local profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate from domain profile to local profile: Here is my situation, I had a Windows server set up in my house with PCs connected to it on my network. I took the server out of operation a few years ago but have been logging into my PCs with the same accounts with no issues. A few days ago I wanted to change the password...
  6. Migrate from domain profile to local profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrate from domain profile to local profile: Here is my situation, I had a Windows server set up in my house with PCs connected to it on my network. I took the server out of operation a few years ago but have been logging into my PCs with the same accounts with no issues. A few days ago I wanted to change the password...
  7. MIgration on Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MIgration on Profile: Hi Team, we are having 40 users and computer it connected to old domainabc.local. i dont have admin access to old domain controller. we want o migrate the computer and profiles to new domain xyz.local. we have full admin access to new domain controller. For User profile...
  8. unable to open Edge or settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to open Edge or settings: Tried to open the old version of edge, will not open. Have tried to open settings to check on downloads but settings screen comes up as if loading then just closes down. Tried to repair W10 but it says it cannot determine if i have enough space though i have lots of space....
  9. Start menu does not open after migrating a local user profile to domain profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu does not open after migrating a local user profile to domain profile: Hi there, We have a small office environment: 5 WIN10 computers so far with local user accounts and freshly deployed WS2016 with a domain. I am in the process of preparing to migrate local user profiles to their domain counterparts - all on local computers. I have followed...
  10. Unable to open Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to open Edge: I installed Bitdefender Anti Virus and removed McAfee Total Security. When I try to open Edge the blue screen comes on with the Edge symbol then does not open but goes back to previous screen., Very frustrating and Bitdefender has not come up with a solution. 74352