Windows 10: Unable to open Edge

Discus and support Unable to open Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I installed Bitdefender Anti Virus and removed McAfee Total Security. When I try to open Edge the blue screen comes on with the Edge symbol then does... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 3offt, Jan 7, 2017.

1. 3offt Win User

Unable to open Edge

I installed Bitdefender Anti Virus and removed McAfee Total Security. When I try to open Edge the blue screen comes on with the Edge symbol then does not open but goes back to previous screen., Very frustrating and Bitdefender has not come up with a solution.

:)

3offt, Jan 7, 2017

2. Why will Microsoft edge not open in Windows 10 I was able to open before

Unable to open Microsoft Edge

CarlHoffmanIlse, Jan 7, 2017
  3. CKPoirier Win User
    unable to open a link that requires Silverlight on Chrome, Edge or IE

I am unable to open up a URL that requires Silverlight ( It is installed). Unable to open in Chrome, Edge or IE

Original title: CK

CKPoirier, Jan 7, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Unable to open Edge

Brink, Jan 7, 2017
Thema:

Unable to open Edge

1. Unable to open Edge - Similar Threads - Unable open Edge

2. edge will not open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    edge will not open.: just got the big update a couple days ago and everything was working fine until today. i click on edge but it will not open. ive restarted my computer multiple times and it still wont work. mcaffe is up to date. sorry if this is the wrong sub submitted by /u/SafeDebate0...
  3. unable to open Edge or settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to open Edge or settings: Tried to open the old version of edge, will not open. Have tried to open settings to check on downloads but settings screen comes up as if loading then just closes down. Tried to repair W10 but it says it cannot determine if i have enough space though i have lots of space....
  4. Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser: Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser. I have always had them open in edge when I clicked on them, now they say Unable to Open [html], I checked that edge is still my default browser....
  5. Edge will not open.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edge will not open.: edge used to work but stopped working. Error says that Windows cannot find msedge.exe. I've disabled my VPN and Security software; uninstalled and reinstalled EDGE several times. I think the new Edge isn't compatible with my Surface Pro 7 but there's not another version I...
  6. unable to open any other browser than microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to open any other browser than microsoft edge: I am unable to open any other browsers than microsoft edge , i have a feeling like something is blocking them from opening . They open for half a second and immediately close and i tried every browser like firefox, chrome, opera and opera GX...
  7. Unable to update Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update Edge: Hi, We have a security policy at work which disallows manual Windows updates. Internal IT say that they're unable to force it for me. However we have a client who has an issue which I cannot reproduce and the only difference is that I am on an old version of Edge (from...
  8. Unable to open Folders in my Favorites in Microsoft EDGE

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to open Folders in my Favorites in Microsoft EDGE: I upgraded to Windows 10 and imported my Favorites from IE 11 without any problems. I was able to open any of my folders in my Favorites for the 1st week. Two days ago whenever I clicked on any of my Folders in Favorites not only wouldn't it open but EDGE kicked me back out...
  9. Edge not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not opening: Upgraded from 8.1 yesterday and start menu and would not open. I then upgraded again but this time from a USB and it started working, but edge now does not open and Cortana has no internet connection although firefox works. Have upgraded yet again from USB and still no Edge ,...
  10. Unable to open Edge after profile migration

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to open Edge after profile migration: Hi All, Looking for a little help with the MS Edge following a profile migration... The browser flashes the blue screen with the Egde logo and the terminates (no processes for Edge in task manager). I obviously installed Windows 10 and then I migrated the profile by...