Windows 10: Unable to open excel or word after a restore

Discus and support Unable to open excel or word after a restore in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello! I've had problems for last couple of days with duplicate drives appearing in the navigation window. After trying lots of things I decided to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by enfield250, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Unable to open excel or word after a restore

Hello!
    I've had problems for last couple of days with duplicate drives appearing in the navigation window. After trying lots of things I decided to restore to before the last windows update. Everything seemed ok until I tried to open Excell, I get an error message "not enough memory to complete this task etc." I have 6gb ram and 75gb spare on the "C drive", I've since tried Word and it's similar no error message but will not open correctly. Any ideas please?

:)

enfield250, Oct 31, 2017

2. Unable to open excel or word documents in web mail

Original post: MAJALI

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• Which browser are you using?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • For which account you are facing the issue?

Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 31, 2017
  3. Unable to open excel or word documents in web mail

I Cant open any word or excel form the web mail after upgrade my windows to 10 , the Microsoft word is still working in the PC , ANY HELP PLEASE

lameesal-hammouri, Oct 31, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

Unable to open excel or word after a restore

Run the Office installer and try the repair install option.

Steve C, Oct 31, 2017
  5. Thanks, Steve.
    I've done that, however I have had to revert to a copy of Office 2003.
    This is because the copy of Office 2013 was when Microsoft offered a free update online.
    I didn't have the product key and the Office 2003 key is not acceptable.
    Anyway the original problem I had has now returned, the duplicate drive entries in the navigation pane under This PC.
    Cheers,
    Colin

enfield250, Oct 31, 2017
  6. Gordon7 Win User
    If you have a Microsoft account (i.e. use outlook.com for email) your product keys for Windows and Office 2013 will be there!

Gordon7, Nov 2, 2017
  7. LadyDee Win User
    I had troubles with all of the MS Office files after 1709 upgrade but clicking on repair took care of everything.

LadyDee, Nov 2, 2017
  8. Unable to open excel or word after a restore

Thanks for the replies,
    I installed Office 2003 and it's updates.
    Then I found the original Office 2013 link and it's keycode on a CD.
    So I removed Office 2003 and re-installed Office 2013 and everything is now fine.
    Silly me, should have just clicked repair and not online repair, then everything would have been ok!
    Cheers,
    Colin

enfield250, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to open excel or word after a restore

1. Unable to open excel or word after a restore - Similar Threads - Unable open excel

2. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  3. word excel sheet is not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word excel sheet is not open: hi my word or excel word is not open please help me Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel-sheet-is-not-open/00ad8a1f-fd48-4399-b127-b85f022776ae
  4. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  5. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  6. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. unable to open usb drive files in word excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    unable to open usb drive files in word excel: i am unable to open ms word/excel/html files on usb drive i am using ms office 2010 and when i try to copy it gives me error i couldnt open html file in new edge browser but it open fine in chrome however i can open pdf files on usb drive [img] [img] [img] [img] -...
  8. Unable to open Excel or Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open Excel or Word: I am unable to open a specific Excel File or Excel or Word at all. It shows and error message -2147163890. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-excel-or-word/912bb6f2-25f4-4437-a264-0b964795513e
  9. Unable to start Excel and Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to start Excel and Word: I have windows 10 and I have on my machine Office 2016. I have the icons for word, excel and one note on the task bar. One note will open with the usual double click on its icon however neither word nor excel will open without highlighting the icon and selecting open as...
  10. Word, Excel outlook not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word, Excel outlook not opening: when I try to open any of the following Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint outlook nothing happens. The screen just spins for ever and it is not working and no error message is given...