Windows 10: Unable to open Folders in my Favorites in Microsoft EDGE

Discus and support Unable to open Folders in my Favorites in Microsoft EDGE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 and imported my Favorites from IE 11 without any problems. I was able to open any of my folders in my Favorites for the 1st... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by edsmall, Sep 2, 2015.

1. edsmall Win User

Unable to open Folders in my Favorites in Microsoft EDGE

I upgraded to Windows 10 and imported my Favorites from IE 11 without any problems. I was able to open any of my folders in my Favorites for the 1st week. Two days ago whenever I clicked on any of my Folders in Favorites not only wouldn't it open but EDGE kicked me back out to my start page. The weird part is I can open any individual link in Favorites without any problem. In addition to not being able to open any folder, I cannot add any link to my Favorites. I read the Tutorial on How To Add or Remove Edge Favorites in Windows 10. What I see when trying to add a website, the CREATE IN block does not allow me to type anything in it. It won't let me Add a New Folder either. EDGE kicks me back out to my start page again. Any suggestions to both of these problems?

:)

edsmall, Sep 2, 2015
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Unable to open folders in favorites in Microsoft Edge

Hi,

To isolate the issue, what changes have you made prior to this issue?

For now, we suggest that you perform Windows App troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Sep 2, 2015
  3. GizmoPB Win User
    Unable to open folders in favorites in Microsoft Edge

Hi

I have created 3 folders in the favorites section on Edge. One folder can be opened, but the two most recent ones will not. When the cursor moves down the list, it highlights the webpages and one folder, but does not highlight the last two folders.

I still have the option of saving into these folders, but cannot open them to access the previously saved links.

Please help!

GizmoPB, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Unable to open Folders in my Favorites in Microsoft EDGE

1. Unable to open Folders in my Favorites in Microsoft EDGE - Similar Threads - Unable open Folders

2. Edge Favorites delay opening

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites delay opening: Hum, after some M$ updates my Edge Favorites drop down panel is as slow as Jobs turkey on Thanksgiving eve. I am not happy and will voice my opinion even though this forum does not like it. Anyone know why it is so slow now? - - - Updated - - - In Edge, the Favorites...
  3. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  4. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  5. Pinning favorites open in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Pinning favorites open in Edge: I had previously tried the Beta version and discovered that there didn’t seem to be a way of pinning open my favourites panel (NOT bar) and having them stay open when the browser is closed and reopned. I had already had to change from having it on the right with Internet...
  6. Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.: I still have all of my favorites intact under %AppData%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favo rites However, opening Microsoft Edge, it just won't load these at all. How can I fix this issue? One thing I did was...
  7. Microsoft Edge Favorites Sync Unable to be turned on

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favorites Sync Unable to be turned on: Okay, I did not see a thread for this so please do not ban me if there is one: I am having a problem with Microsoft Edge. I am trying to turn on the Sync Your Content setting in Windows 10 Pro to sync my favorites and reading list. The problem is that it has that red...
  8. Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to import favorites in to Edge?: Hey Guys I have saved my favourites in the default folder, they appear and work in ie, but when I try and import them in to edge the error states: Couldn't import favourites Not very informative? Any help appreciated 12277
  9. Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge: Since installing the November Windows 10 update (11/17/15) none of my favorites are being stored in the default Edge folder. While in Edge the favorites are available but when I go to the default folder they are not listed. Is there another location they may be being saved or...
  10. Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar: How to: Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar How to Create or Delete Folder from Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows 10 device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open folders in favorites

2. while opening my computer one user unable to see the any folders and files

3. cannot open favorites in edge

4. unable to open the favorites in edge,
  5. microsoft edge favourites unable to open