Windows 10: Unable to Open MicrosoftEdge.exe From MS Access

Discus and support Unable to Open MicrosoftEdge.exe From MS Access in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I want to run Edge form my MS Access database. I found the path to MicrosoftEdge.exe to be:... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JamesJoey, Sep 1, 2015.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Unable to Open MicrosoftEdge.exe From MS Access

I want to run Edge form my MS Access database.
    I found the path to MicrosoftEdge.exe to be:
    C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe.

But, when I double click nothing happens.

And it won't run form within access.
    No error messages... nothing.

Any ideas?

James

:)

JamesJoey, Sep 1, 2015
  2. JamesJoey Win User

Unable to Start Microsoft Edge From Microsoft Access

I want to run Edge form my MS Access database.

I found the path to MicrosoftEdge.exe to be:

C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe.

But, when I double click nothing happens.

And it won't run form within access.

Any ideas?

James

JamesJoey, Sep 1, 2015
  3. yyzT3C Win User
    Windows 10 Hangs - Hard reboot required

I have not been able to reproduce the DMP files specified in the instructions on this thread. I did run a memtest and the results came back OK. I have had repeated hangs of the OS the past few days. This is not a Blue Screen, just a lock up of the OS where
    the keyboard and mouse no longer work.

I did do a search on my whole C drive for any DMP files and I came across a recent DMP file (MicrosoftEdge.exe.9608.dmp) for the EDGE browser. I have created a zip file and uploaded this to OneDrive. However, the share link that OneDrive generates gives
    too much access to my other OneDrive folders so this is not a feasible way for me to share these files on this thread.

So as of now I am going to stop using the Edge browser and hope for the best. I used Visual Studio 2015 to open up the Edge DMP file. Below is part of the contents.

Dump Summary

------------

Dump File: MicrosoftEdge.exe.9608.dmp : F:\temp\DMPs\MicrosoftEdge.exe.9608.dmp

Last Write Time: 2/7/2016 5:59:26 PM

Process Name: MicrosoftEdge.exe : C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge.exe

Process Architecture: x64

Exception Code: 0xC0000005

Exception Information: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Heap Information: Not Present

System Information

------------------

OS Version: 10.0.10586

CLR Version(s):

Modules

-------

Module Name Module Path Module Version

----------- ----------- --------------

MicrosoftEdge.exe C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge.exe

ntdll.dll C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll 10.0.10586.20

kernel32.dll C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll 10.0.10586.0

KERNELBASE.dll C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll 10.0.10586.0

apphelp.dll C:\Windows\System32\apphelp.dll 10.0.10586.0

advapi32.dll C:\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll 10.0.10586.63

msvcrt.dll C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll 7.0.10586.0

sechost.dll C:\Windows\System32\sechost.dll 10.0.10586.0

Thanks.

yyzT3C, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

Unable to Open MicrosoftEdge.exe From MS Access

1. Unable to Open MicrosoftEdge.exe From MS Access - Similar Threads - Unable Open MicrosoftEdge

2. Unable to open Notepad or MS Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open Notepad or MS Paint: I have a desktop PC with Windows 10. I use both Notepad and MS Paint frequently and they both recently stopped opening. Clicking the taskbar shortcuts to open them doesn't cause them to open; the mouse switches to the "loading" throbber, but reverts back after about a second...
  3. Unable to open exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open exe file: .exe file with word icon can't open in windows 10.Showing nothing when try to open.Tried regedit, disable firewall, cmd->assoc .exe=exefile .Using 2013 version of MS Office. Someone please help ,very urgent....
  4. Unable to open exe file

Unable to open exe file: .exe file with word icon can't open in windows 10.Showing nothing when try to open.Tried regedit, disable firewall, cmd->assoc .exe=exefile .Using 2013 version of MS Office. Someone please help ,very urgent....
  5. Unable to open .exe files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open .exe files: I am unable to open some .exe files on my pc from the past 3 days. A message pops up saying that msvcp_win.dll and ucrtbase.dll both are missing. I tried replacing them both with full administrative control but I am not allowed still. The .dll files are present in System32...
  6. Unable to open .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open .exe files: I am unable to open some .exe files on my pc from the past 3 days. A message pops up saying that msvcp_win.dll and ucrtbase.dll both are missing. I tried replacing them both with full administrative control but I am not allowed still. The .dll files are present in System32...
  7. Unable to open .exe files

8. unable to access .CMD and .EXE files from explorer on external drives.

unable to access .CMD and .EXE files from explorer on external drives.: I opened up my system today only to discover that i am unable to access any of my programs i have installed on external drives. the drives themselves are being detected and by windows, and are being assigned a drive letter, but if i try and open a program from explorer, I get...
  9. Unable to open ANY .exe files anymore.

Unable to open ANY .exe files anymore.: Hello everyone, I wanna get straight to the point, I absolutely messed up. Sooo... It all started when I couldn't open Identity V anymore, that seems to be a really common problem amongst players and the developers have not fixed this issue yet. For the next few days I kept...
  10. unable to open exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to open exe file: Hi, I'm trying to open an exe file from MariaDB. However, I'm experiencing error in which the file seems to open but it closes right away. A black screen pops up just for not even a second and it closes right away....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i try to run microsoftedge.exe nothing happans

2. microsoftedge.exe will not open

3. could not open edge.exe

4. cant open MicrosoftEdge.exe