Windows 10: Unable to open Settings & Game capped at 60 FPS - Related to Update

Discus and support Unable to open Settings & Game capped at 60 FPS - Related to Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently installed a Win10 update a week or two ago and think it is related. I am capped at 60 FPS no matter what I try to do. I have manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by J3RM, Dec 12, 2017.

1. J3RM Win User

Unable to open Settings & Game capped at 60 FPS - Related to Update

I recently installed a Win10 update a week or two ago and think it is related. I am capped at 60 FPS no matter what I try to do.

I have manually installed an Intel HD 5500 driver for my laptop and I've verified that vsync is disabled in CS:Source settings. Also, verified that VSYNC is set as "application preference" within Intel control panel, which means it is no on in game.

Also, read a possibility that this can be caused by XBOX DVR, which I don't even have the xbox app installed, but I made sure the registry is setup for disabled. Stillllllllll I'm stuck at 60fps.

Oh, I just reinstalled steam and CS:S and made sure cloud backup was disabled, so it is a brand new config with fps_max 300.

Can anyone please help me? I'm not sure how to revert back to previous Win10 save point, because the Windows Settings doesn't load, it crashes when trying to open. I have tried to resolve the Settings issue, by creating another user account through Command Prompt, but once on that account Settings still crashes after opening.

These things have to be related after installing the update. I am certain of it.

:)

2. 4nK17 Win User

capped fps

after the recent creators update ,most of the apps and games are capped at 60 fps ,tried every possible solution like disabling the gameDvr but the problem does not look like solving.

4nK17, Dec 12, 2017
  3. Fps is capped

Apparently there is a problem with my xbox app, for some odd reason my fps is capped at 60. I've turned off vsync in NVidia but I still get 60 fps. I searched on google to try to fix this problem but they all say to turn off gamedvr on xbox but I cant do
    that because my xbox gamedvr settings look like this. I need help to remove the 60 fps cap. Thanks

Unable to open Settings & Game capped at 60 FPS - Related to Update [​IMG]

thurtalzilla, Dec 12, 2017
  4. J3RM Win User

Totally forgot that I posted this help thread. I was coming to ask again... any help? I'm really trying to avoid restoring.

For some reason I am now able to access Settings in Windows. So, that is a plus.

5. spunk Win User
    What is the Make and Model# of your computer? Please fill out the My Computer section in your profile.
    Press the Win Key+X and choose Device Manager. Expand Display, right click your Intel Adapter and choose Properties/Driver/Roll
    Back Driver
    to the driver that was working before the Update.

spunk, Dec 27, 2017
  6. J3RM Win User
    Driver date: 9/29/2016

Can’t be the issue, because everything has been working fine up until a month ago.

J3RM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to open Settings & Game capped at 60 FPS - Related to Update - Similar Threads - Unable open Settings

2. 60 fps capped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 fps capped: ever since i upgraded windows 10 to windows 11 i get 60 fps capped in fullscreen mode but in windowed mode i get 200+ fps also i did everything i can do to remove it but it didn't work i tried:1 disable fullscreen optimzation 2disable v_syncand more of this things i have...
  3. 60 fps capped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    60 fps capped: ever since i upgraded windows 10 to windows 11 i get 60 fps capped in fullscreen mode but in windowed mode i get 200+ fps also i did everything i can do to remove it but it didn't work i tried:1 disable fullscreen optimzation 2disable v_syncand more of this things i have...
  4. 60 FPS CAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 FPS CAP: Hi so when ever i go into a game my game is capped at 60 FPS even tho i have selected more and my pc is more than capable of running more Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/60-fps-cap/82fa1ade-8376-4b9b-b87d-f751bc700dc6
  5. 60 FPS CAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    60 FPS CAP: Hi so when ever i go into a game my game is capped at 60 FPS even tho i have selected more and my pc is more than capable of running more Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/60-fps-cap/82fa1ade-8376-4b9b-b87d-f751bc700dc6
  6. Capped at 60 FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capped at 60 FPS: Hello so recently when I play Fortnite, I get 60 fps straight. I've tried changing the in game settings and all, but still, I get 59 -60 fps. Could it be a problem with Windows?...
  7. Capped at 60 FPS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Capped at 60 FPS: Hello so recently when I play Fortnite, I get 60 fps straight. I've tried changing the in game settings and all, but still, I get 59 -60 fps. Could it be a problem with Windows?...
  8. FPS in some games are being capped at 60 FPS.

FPS in some games are being capped at 60 FPS.: After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I am experiencing annoying thing. My fps are being capped at 60 in some games BUT ONLY IN FULLSCREEN MODE!!! and because of that my mouse movement is much laggier, heavier.. I've turned off VSync , Game DVR, GameMode etc. My...
  9. Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS: Hi, The problem is that If the game is in windowed mode, it reaches 144 fps, but in fullscreen it can't get over 60 fps. - Not due to a hardware limit - Any fps limit disabled in games. - V-sync disabled in games and in nvidia control panel. - Re-installed graphics...
  10. Game FPS capped at 60

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game FPS capped at 60: So I'm pretty sure this started happening after the Creator's update. I can't get more than 60 FPS in the games I play (League of Legends, Overwatch). Before I was constantly getting 100+. VSync is off, frame limit is uncapped in both game. Using latest NVidia drivers,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows fps related settings