Windows 10: Unable to open Windows update settings directly anymore

Discus and support Unable to open Windows update settings directly anymore in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Notice that today, when I tried to open Windows update settings to check for the new preview build, it failed with the following error message:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mark Phelps, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Unable to open Windows update settings directly anymore

Notice that today, when I tried to open Windows update settings to check for the new preview build, it failed with the following error message:

What was odd is that the file path it was attempting began as follows:
    Win10TP is installed on "C", not on "D". Windows8 Pro is installed on "D" (when Win10TP is running).

That said, if I open PC Settings from the start menu, and then open Update and Recovery, I can get to the Windows Update settings without any problems, and also to the Preview Builds.

I already ran sfc /scannow to see if it would detect any problems, and it ran to 100% without problems.

It appears that something is set wrong, to send it to "D" for AppData -- but I have no idea how to fix that.

BTW, I updated to TP build 9879 and still have the same problem with accessing windows update settings directly.

:)

Mark Phelps, Nov 12, 2014
  2. Milton.A Win User

outlook app and icon disappeared from lumia 520 - how to restore them?

While setting email access to outlook.com account the icon and outlook app disappeared from my lumia 520 phone. I am unable to access the email directly anymore. Any ideas how to restore them would be appreciated.

Milton.A, Nov 12, 2014
  3. N95 WLAN does´t work

I have Noika N95, suddenly WLAN,GPRS and WAP unable to work anymore. for example in WLAN setting show 100% signl strength but unable to open any web page.

gurie---01, Nov 12, 2014
  4. Unable to open Windows update settings directly anymore

Hi,
    I'm pretty much convinced that installing win-10 as a vm is the best way to deal with all of the potential bugs *Wink
    I believe it's a bit easier to get rid of and re-install for the new builds too :/
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Nov 14, 2014
Thema:

Unable to open Windows update settings directly anymore

1. Unable to open Windows update settings directly anymore - Similar Threads - Unable open update

2. Unable to open drives on Ubuntu anymore after some Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open drives on Ubuntu anymore after some Windows Update: Hi,I have a system set up to dual boot and everything was fine until one day, Windows decided to update and ever since, I am unable to open one common drive in Ubuntu. It says " wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or...
  3. Unable to open drives on Ubuntu anymore after some Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open drives on Ubuntu anymore after some Windows Update: Hi,I have a system set up to dual boot and everything was fine until one day, Windows decided to update and ever since, I am unable to open one common drive in Ubuntu. It says " wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or...
  4. Can't open settings anymore on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open settings anymore on windows 11.: Hello,When I click on the settings icon on window 11, a window open for few second then closes automatically, and I can't access the settings anymore.I've run sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthDism /Online...
  5. Can't open settings anymore on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open settings anymore on windows 11.: Hello,When I click on the settings icon on window 11, a window open for few second then closes automatically, and I can't access the settings anymore.I've run sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthDism /Online...
  6. Unable to open settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open settings: A short while ago I downloaded an update onto my surface pro 5 running windows 10 and since then I cannot open the settings menu. When I click on the settings icon and wait and wait and eventually a blank red screen appears but no menu. Also the outlook email app is now so...
  7. Settings doesn’t open anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings doesn’t open anymore.: Yup. It just doesnt open, i can open anything else but when it’s any sort of settings or adjustment like volume or background or anything it doesn’t open. have y’all experienced this? and how did you fix it submitted by /u/classicmusclecar [link] [comments]...
  8. unable to open settings..

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to open settings..: hi guys, My new lenovo laptop it was windows10 pro....i am unable to open settings ..please provide the solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-settings/37ddbdd9-3e77-425a-b1a4-5418bc6afaf3
  9. Settings unable to open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings unable to open: I went on my computer this morning, and i tried to access the settings but when the app opens, it instantly closes, it also does this for forza horizon 4, i have been told that it is because the PC is performing an update but if anyone could confirm this, would be greatly...
  10. Unable to open settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open settings: Hi, I'm running Windows 17763.253, I've tried many methods like reinstalling the Windows Store but I am unable to open my settings, display or personalization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-settings/2c80ffa2-78cc-4109-8280-60e144d1e488

Users found this page by searching for:

1. contact windows update directly