Windows 10: Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments

Discus and support Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using Chrome as my browser. No attachments will open from email! So even when I save these files and even rename the files, no attachments are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michael Vince, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments

I am using Chrome as my browser.

No attachments will open from email! So even when I save these files and even rename the files, no attachments are opening. I keep getting messages that the files are corrupt or that the file name and association don't match (which is not true).

The only way I have been able to open Excel files is to do it from google sheets, and then I can open and work in them...but cannot keep them in my preferred format Excel.

This just started about 2 months ago and I am very frustrated.

I have seen a number of complaints about this but haven't found any solutions yet from Microsoft.

:)

Michael Vince, Aug 8, 2018
  2. sumanmdl Win User

How to attach word, excel or pdf file.

Kindly tell me how to attach any pdf, word or excel file with any mail because when I am opening attachment of any mail it is opening album and asking for attaching picture but there is no option for word, excel or pdf file.

sumanmdl, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Cannot open WORD of EXCEL email attachments

• Since switch to Windows 10 from 7 I have not been able to open Word or Excel docs that are attached to emails.
    • I get 'This file is corrupt and cannot be opened' or Word experienced an error trying to open this file'
    • I cannot save these files although jpeg files can be opened
    • I use Windows Live Mail, NHSmail (a secure NHS system) and also TalkTalk webmail for an old Tiscali address
    • I have tried DCOMCNFG procedure but this does not change any settings as they are already in the recommended setting
    • If I attach a document (Word or Excel) to my own email and then try to open the document (from the e-mail) before sending it the computer comes up with the error statements in 2 above
    • The only way around this is if I forward a received email (with attachment) to a friend who then opens the attachment and saves it to memory stick. If I then plug the stick into my computer I can open the document and save it to my computer.
    • Please help, I've already wasted a day!

ChrisGosling, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Ashok-640 Win User

Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments

how to attach a file (word or pdf) from the email apps

Can some one help me with attaching a file like a word or excel or a pdf file while replying to an email. I know that you can go to that filter and share it using an email app. But my concern is while composing an email how to attach a word or excel doc.

Ashok-640, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments

1. Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments - Similar Threads - Unable Open Word

2. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  3. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  4. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  5. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Can't open pdf email attachments

Can't open pdf email attachments: Using a Linux Debian desktop. Used to be able to open PDF email attachments in Opera and Firefox-esr browsers without downloading them. Suddenly no longer able to open this type of attachment in Opera or Firefox-esr without downloading the attachments. Also not able to...
  7. Cannot open Word or Excel attachments

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Word or Excel attachments: After a Windows update 11/03/2021, I can no longer open Word or Excel attachments in MS Outlook. I can open Word documents and Excel spreadsheets on my own laptop and on my phone. I can open PDF and JPG....
  8. Unable to open Excel or Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open Excel or Word: I am unable to open a specific Excel File or Excel or Word at all. It shows and error message -2147163890. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-excel-or-word/912bb6f2-25f4-4437-a264-0b964795513e
  9. Unable to open an attached pdf in the mailapp

Unable to open an attached pdf in the mailapp: We have Adobe set as the preferred PDF handler. When using the mailapp, and trying to open an attached PDF, an error window pops up. Heading is Acrobat Reader, message is: "There was an error opening this document. The requested file operation failed because the storage...
  10. excel email attachments convert to PDF

in Microsoft Office and 365
    excel email attachments convert to PDF: Excel files received as excel files convert to PDF when downloaded or opening. I have tried right click and open with Excel and open in browser. Neither works. I have Windows 10 and Office 2003. I have a Comcast email address and an Office 365 email address. Help would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open kpdf or other email attachments

2. unabble to open pdf when emailed

3. unable to open pdf from email

4. windows 8.1 unable to open email attachments,
  5. when attaching a word document to an email shout it be saved as a PDF,
  6. unable to open Excel from pdf,
  7. unable to open pdf and excel attachment outlook,
  8. unable to open PDF files from email,
  9. word version 1902 unable to open email attachments,
  10. unable to open word files from an email,
  11. UNable to open email PDF attachments on cell phone,