Windows 10: Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar

Discus and support Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Firefox is my only greyed background tile but this is not a problem. My problem is I am not able to Pin Firefox to taskbar. Pin to taskbar option is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by angelolopes, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar

Firefox is my only greyed background tile but this is not a problem. My problem is I am not able to Pin Firefox to taskbar.
    Pin to taskbar option is not present when I right-click the program or the shortcut on All apps

Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar [​IMG]

For three days now I am trying every suggested solution I found searching the net to no avail.

Does the same problem happen to you too? Did you manage to overcome it?

:)

angelolopes, Jan 11, 2017

2. How do I get the Firefox Icon on the bottom rather than the side for Windows 10?

When Firefox is open, you have an icon for it, on the taskbar?

Rightclick on it, and click on Pin to Taskbar,

Does this work?

MicaelNielsen, Jan 11, 2017
  3. Pinning Firefox to Taskbar causes second icon on tasbar to appear

Hi all - For some reason, when I pin Firefox to the taskbar and click on the icon, a second Firefox icon appears. I've tried unpinning and re-pinning and nothing seems to solve the issue. This is the only application I have a problem with.

Any ideas?

jonseattle, Jan 11, 2017
  4. Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar

Does Firefox appear on your taskbar whilst running? If so, right-click that icon and select Pin to taskbar.

Alan Russell, Jan 11, 2017
  5. Thanks Alan. I can't see that option either

6. OK, but I expected yours to look more like mine. Mine shows Unpin from taskbar because it is pinned, otherwise it would show Pin to taskbar.

7. Berton Win User
    I right-clicked the icon in Start, All Programs then click the More > arrow to get a submenu which shows Pin to Taskbar. That works with everything in the Start menu and seems to work with the Tiles, gives more choices.

Berton, Jan 11, 2017
  8. Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar

Yupp, this Pin and Unpin from Taskbar are missing on my context menus. I have it for Thunderbird though

Mais stands for More, Afixar em Início stands for Pin to Start, Afixar na barra de tarefas stands for Pin to Taskbar

9. Berton Win User
    On my computers [USA English] the first item on the right-click menu and submenu is the Pin to ....., can't tell from the language used on your.

Berton, Jan 11, 2017
  10. Thanks Berton. I edited my previous post and translated it. Language is not the problem. On this laptop I have Portuguese language but at home my Desktop has English and I have the same problem, no Pin to taskbar for Firefox

11. philc43 Win User
    If you go to "C:\Program files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" and right-click on this .exe file, do you get the "Pin to taskbar" option?

philc43, Jan 11, 2017
  12. This was my first try. The "section" that includes Pin to taskbar (Afixar na barra de tarefas) is missing both on the laptop with portuguese Windows 10 and on the desktop running English Windows 10. Forget to wrtite I have Firefox version 50.1.0, I think it is the most recent.

13. philc43 Win User

Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar

I guess your only option for now is to create a new shortcut yourself and then pin this to the taskbar

philc43, Jan 11, 2017
  14. Or perhaps uninstall Firefox and re-install as the problem seems to be limited to Firefox.

15. prikker Win User
    That's what I would do to. Uninstall Firefox. But don't uninstall it completely, like deleting your profile to, or you lose everything.

prikker, Jan 11, 2017
Thema:

Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar

1. Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar - Similar Threads - Unable Pin Firefox

2. Unable to pin programs to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to pin programs to the taskbar: After a system restore I cannot pin programs to the taskbar any more apart from certain Windows programs like the snipping tool, but not explorer.exe for example.I have tried every single solution/suggestion I have found online, but it still won't do it. I have also tried to...
  3. Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar': [ATTACH] Hello all. I am trying to add some functionality to my taskbar icon for Microsoft Edge browser, similar to the pic posted below. Notice the Pinned section of the popup for Firefox. I put those links there myself, by clicking on the desired site's address in the...
  4. Firefox icon from the taskbar, what to do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox icon from the taskbar, what to do?: Hello for now, When I started my PC today, I noticed that the icon of the Firefox browser is missing. (Here simply a "white page" is shown) I have already tried to delete the iconcache using a batch script, but without success. It would be great if someone here could...
  5. Icon staying pinned to taskbar

Icon staying pinned to taskbar: I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears. How do I get it to stay? I have clicked pin to taskbar and it stays then goes. I want it to stay...
  6. Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?

Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?: Hi, I'm having an issue where an invisible, nonfunctional icon for Dell Mobile Connect is pinned on the taskbar but there is no way to unpin it. Here is a screenshot of the issue (after right-clicking on the icon): [ATTACH] Tried rebooting and restarting Explorer and...
  7. Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons

Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons: Hello: When I first upgraded to Windows 10, I started playing around with the taskbar. I found a way to manually "group" the icons I had previously pinned. For example, I could group various Office ions. (E.g., Word; Excel). I recall also having a group for...
  8. Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox: Not sure if this is a browser (latest Firefox) or Windows problem, so I'll describe the issue here. All my program shortcuts are placed on the taskbar. The problem I'm about to describe and show, only occurs with the Firefox taskbar icon and its preview thumbnails. And...
  9. Cannot change Firefox 64bit icon in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot change Firefox 64bit icon in taskbar: Hey everyone, as the title states, I can't change the icon of Firefox in my taskbar. With the x86-version it wasn't an issue and the simple right-click -> right-click -> properties worked without a problem. However, now that I have switched over to the 64bit...
  10. pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar: I have always had shortcuts pinned to my Firefox icon in my taskbar like windows 10 forum,the login for my work place, you tube,ETC.but the short cuts are gone on my windows 32 they are still on my win.64 ..When I drag a short to my win.32 Firefox Icon in taskbar it says pen...