Windows 10: Unable to Pin Shortcut to Start

Discus and support Unable to Pin Shortcut to Start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed Ccleaner and inadvertently unchecked the 'Create shortcut on start menu.' I've uninstalled and reinstalled, created a shortcut and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesJoey, Mar 29, 2018.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Unable to Pin Shortcut to Start

I installed Ccleaner and inadvertently unchecked the 'Create shortcut on start menu.'

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, created a shortcut and copied to the 2 Start Menu/Programs but it still won't show up in the start menu.

Any ideas?

:)

JamesJoey, Mar 29, 2018
  2. KoalaAu Win User

Unable to pin shortcuts to start

I am unable to pin shortcuts to the start menu to that share the same program.

For example if I pin this shortcut

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --profile-directory="Default"

I cannot pin another shortcut that is

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --profile-directory="Default" Google

It seems like windows thinks they are the same thing because I have the option to unpin the second shortcut even though I never pinned it. (and when I "unpin" the second shortcut the first one disappears)

KoalaAu, Mar 29, 2018
  3. Unable to pin shortcuts to start

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details

What exactly you are trying to perform? Do you want same program to be pinned with two different names?

Please get back to us with more information and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 29, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

A standard install of CCleaner should create a CCleaner folder in the 'All users' Start menu, %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and two shortcuts in that folder, one to the 'CCleaner Homepage' CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free! and another named 'CCleaner' and pointing to the CCleaner executable.

Do you have that folder and its shortcuts in that location? If so, CCleaner should appear in the 'All apps' list on Start. If you have just put the shortcuts there it may help to restart the PC.

Thema:

1. Unable to Pin Shortcut to Start - Similar Threads - Unable Pin Shortcut

2. Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior: Windows 11 with all current updatesI created a shortcut on the desktop that runs a Cygwin-X server. The shortcut target is: C:\cygwin64\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/xlaunch.exe -run /home/jim/.xlaunch/jhg.xlaunchDouble-clicking this shortcut has the intended effect, starting...
  3. Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior: Windows 11 with all current updatesI created a shortcut on the desktop that runs a Cygwin-X server. The shortcut target is: C:\cygwin64\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/xlaunch.exe -run /home/jim/.xlaunch/jhg.xlaunchDouble-clicking this shortcut has the intended effect, starting...
  4. Unable to Pin to Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Pin to Start: Hello,I have noticed since Thursday last week, when I did the 22H2 update that the option to pin to start is missing. I can unpin from start but not pin. I have tried a machine that is still on 21H2, and that also has Pin to Start missing....
  5. Unable to Pin to Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Pin to Start: Hello,I have noticed since Thursday last week, when I did the 22H2 update that the option to pin to start is missing. I can unpin from start but not pin. I have tried a machine that is still on 21H2, and that also has Pin to Start missing....
  6. Shortcut to Windows Update - How to Pin to Start?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Shortcut to Windows Update - How to Pin to Start?: Hi My third and final question of the day (!) I have created a desktop shortcut for Windows Update and changed the icon to the 'Double Arrow' from the default 'Gear Wheel' (meant editing a Group Policy) but when I right click the desktop shortcut, there is no option to 'Pin...
  7. Pin a shortcut to Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pin a shortcut to Start: I have Among Us Epic Games on my laptop, and I want to pin it to the start menu. I could just pin Among Us exact url C:/Program Files/..., however, multiplayer does not work because it has to open in the Epic Games launcher, which is why Epic Games created a shortcut on the...
  8. Pin shortcuts to Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pin shortcuts to Start: I would like to add shortcuts to my Start Menu. I know you can add programs plus items like Control Panel and administrative tools. But I would like to add my saved Remote Desktop Connection sessions. I hate having to minimize all my windows at get to my Desktop. And I don't...
  9. How to Pin IE Shortcuts to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Pin IE Shortcuts to Start Menu: UPDATE: See Edwin's method in Post #4 for IE it is much easier than mine. But for other browsers use this method. Since you cannot just drag and drop a shortcut to a web site into the app menu the way I do it is to create a short cut on my desktop then copy it into the...
  10. Pin shortcuts to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin shortcuts to Start Menu: What am I missing here? I can pin exe's with a right click but trying to do this with a desktop shortcut does nothing. If it is not allowed, why does the context menu have 'Pin to start' in it? Just wondering. 8914

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to pin shortcuts to start menu