Windows 10: Unable to play MP4 file....?

Discus and support Unable to play MP4 file....? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi For some reason I'm unable to play a downloaded MP4 video file with Win Media Player or VLC saying cannot render or wrong codec which I've not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arcadian, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Arcadian Win User

Unable to play MP4 file....?

Hi

For some reason I'm unable to play a downloaded MP4 video file with Win Media Player or VLC saying cannot render or wrong codec which I've not come across before.

Appreciate any help thanks

:)

Arcadian, Aug 28, 2017
  2. loveaqs Win User

N91 PROBLEM IN VIDEO FORMAT

.MP4 UNABLE TO PLAY MEDIA CLIP ????

loveaqs, Aug 28, 2017
  3. nokia n8 mp4!!!

It will play .mp4 files from "Videos" although at the end of the day .mp4 is just a container and perhaps you are experiencing difficulties with an older file.

aspergerguy, Aug 28, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Well, message tells you the issue. Obviously vlc will run mp4, so file must have a special codec not in vlc's extensive database.

You need to identify what codec it is using, and source the codec. Easier said than done.

Another possibility is file is corrupted.

cereberus, Aug 28, 2017
  5. Arcadian Win User
    Arcadian, Aug 28, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    As a long time (former) resident in Denmark, it is naturally incumbent of me to point out Swedish Comedy is an oxymoron Unable to play MP4 file....? :).

Seriously, I wonder if your problem is related to digital rights. I can play the web page. I will record it in wmv format and put it on my onedrive for you later.

MVH.

PS if you want to see a truly funny series, watch Rita (Danish show)

PS 2: We want a new series of the Bridge - Sofia Helin (Saga) was the best Swedish actress ever!

cereberus, Aug 28, 2017
  7. Arcadian Win User
    Is Rita in Danish as I can only manage Swedish *Smile Any links to the Bridge ? Just sent you a pm....

Arcadian, Aug 28, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

To speak Danish, it is well know you just speak Swedish with a "varm kartoffler" in your mouthUnable to play MP4 file....? :).

Not so sure a varm kartoffler in ear helps you listen to Danish though - LOL

Rita is in Danish but has subtitles. She is a teacher and in first scene, she see graffiti alleging she is having a physical relationship with the Principal. She is shocked by this and gets out a pen to correct the incorrect spelling of principal! You just know it is going to be funny after this.

Re. the Bridge (Broen), I know it was on netflix, but easy enough to buy dvds or download eg Amazon. It has got quite a cult following in UK despite subtitles. Sky made a crappy copy of it (UK/French interaction and US made a slightly less crappy version (US/Mexico interaction) but none of these captured Scandinavian hidden but very dark humour.

cereberus, Aug 28, 2017
  9. Arcadian Win User
    Thanks for the useful info about Rita and the Bridge which presumably is the one between Malmo and Copenhagen will have a look....

To speak Danish, it is well know you just speak Swedish with a "varm kartoffler" in your mouthUnable to play MP4 file....? :).

Not so sure a varm kartoffler in ear helps you listen to Danish though - LOL

Yes puzzling isn't it as I was told ages ago that Swedish is spoken by more people than the other two Scandinavian languages and is understood by even more.
    Norwegian has a lot of dialects which can be difficult to learn but it does make Norwegians have a greater acceptance towards dialects.
    Danish is easy. Just make sure you always wear their free hearing aids available in all main stores and you’re all set.

So like you I've always thought that kartoffler were hearing aids as well but never knew they had to be warm....

Arcadian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to play MP4 file....? - Similar Threads - Unable play MP4

2. Issues playing MP4 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues playing MP4 files: HelloSo firstly I have 2 Internal Hard Drives on my Desktop PCI use Nvidia Shadowplay to record my gameplay and in general my screen and usually there would be no issues whatsoever. But today there occurred an issue. Whenever i tried playing any of these mp4 files on my 2nd...
  3. Issues playing MP4 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues playing MP4 files: HelloSo firstly I have 2 Internal Hard Drives on my Desktop PCI use Nvidia Shadowplay to record my gameplay and in general my screen and usually there would be no issues whatsoever. But today there occurred an issue. Whenever i tried playing any of these mp4 files on my 2nd...
  4. Issues playing MP4 files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MP4 files won't play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MP4 files won't play: So I download a lot of meme videos and for some reason after I watch a few downloaded they just stop playing and is stuck on the black screen of Movies and tv which is where I watch them the only fix I know of is by restarting my computer but I don't want to have to do that...
  6. Unable to play 10-bit MP4 video files

Unable to play 10-bit MP4 video files: I recorded video with a Canon R6 in 10-bit C-Log for the first time. Prior to this, I always recorded in 8-bit without a problem. Windows 10 does not recognize the files and I am unable to properly import them to my editing app DaVinci Resolve 16. Explorer does not display...
  7. Playing MP4 files

Playing MP4 files: Win10 v.2012 Build 19042.685 My wife sent me one she'd revived to play on my desktop, as sound on her tablet was weak. As Windows 10 hasn't a suitable player. I installed vlc-3.0.11. The file still won't play. Will anyone, please, advise me why this is happening? 170888
  8. Unable to Play MP4 Files

Unable to Play MP4 Files: So I have had a very odd situation develop. I am unable to play mp4 files or any video content using the native Movies & TV UWP app. When I attempt to play, I get an error Can't play Choose something else to play. This item is in a format we don't support. 0xc00d36b4...
  9. MP4 files will not play

MP4 files will not play: Suddenly mp4 files that have been forward to me will not play in VLC. When I click on the file I end up with this message: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\SB53GZ50\ plus statement Invalid Value for Registery. I am not positive but it seems to have...
  10. Mp4 video unable to play

Mp4 video unable to play: Hi, everyone. I got a video mp4 unable to play or cannot render this file when i am play with windows media player. I have tried to repair the video with Stella Phoenix video repair. But its same. [img] [img] [img] This video still have the file size, but it just...