Windows 10: Unable to Preview Builds

Discus and support Unable to Preview Builds in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Going through the process to Preview Builds - get error: Failed to check for new preview build, please try again later. 0x80248014 Ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GEWB, Oct 21, 2014.

1. GEWB Win User

Unable to Preview Builds

Going through the process to Preview Builds - get error:

Failed to check for new preview build, please try again later. 0x80248014

Ideas?

Regards,

:)

2. Getting error message" There’s a problem with getting preview builds... Your preview build settings need attention. Go to advanced options to fix this issue"

Original title: Unable to get Windows 10 preview builds

I am unable to get the laest windows 10 insider builds. I have enabled the option to get preview builds . But whenever I check the windows update it displays this message.

"There’s a problem with getting preview builds... Your preview build settings need attention. Go to advanced options to fix this issue."

I have tried the option "Fix Me" in advanced settings and restarted the computer but the problem still persists.

AnirudhSheoran, Oct 21, 2014
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview 10532 Anti Virus Problem

it says it compatible but im still unable to install it on the 10532 preview build

AlexYamrom, Oct 21, 2014
  4. Charlie Win User

Unable to Preview Builds

Gewb Have you looked at update history to see if you have any fail to install?

Charlie, Oct 22, 2014
  5. GEWB Win User
    Yes I have checked - all listed as Successfull.

Regards,

6. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, Oct 22, 2014
  7. GEWB Win User
    Thanks for the reply. No, not installed.

However, that got me to thinking - build 9841 was installed as an update to an existing Win 7 installation, complete with numerous apps, settings, tweaks, etc.

I may need to wipe the partition and install 9841 from scratch then see if it updates.

Regards,

8. Unable to Preview Builds

Are you connected? I know ... is it plugged in question *Wink

Are you using a local account or an MS account? Try using an MS account.

Bill

Slartybart, Oct 23, 2014
  9. GEWB Win User
    Plugged in! But then again some of my connections were known to be a bit shady back in the day.

Tried both.

Regards,

10. Kari noted that the user profile must be on the C: drive - but that was an install issue. Worth a question - have you moved your user profile?

There's a file, DONOTREPLACE.txt, in the C:\RecoveryImage folderUpgrade will not replace the on-disk recovery image if this file is present. Do not delete or modify this file.

Build ID: 9860.0.amd64fre.fbl_release.141008-2044
    I think this is new in 9860 but also worth looking into.

The question is ... do you replace or rename the file to test my hypothesis? I don't know the answer.

Bill

Slartybart, Oct 24, 2014
  11. GEWB Win User
    Haven't moved profile.

File is present.

Ran SFC.exe which came up with corrupted files but could not repair.

Time to reload.

Regards,

12. GEWB Win User
    Reinstalled - took about 2 hours.

Waiting on the MBFH (how many remember that acronym?).

Regards,

13. Unable to Preview Builds

MBFH - My Best Friend Harry?

SFC finds hundreds of errors - mostly language and fonts.
    Win10 TP is English only so those are NOT a problem - it's intentional by MS.

Bill

Slartybart, Oct 25, 2014
  14. GEWB Win User
    MBFH - My Best Friend Harry?

SFC finds hundreds of errors - mostly language and fonts.
    Win10 TP is English only so those are NOT a problem - it's intentional by MS.

Bill
    . MBFH was the term used years ago when installing/upgrading Windows (especially NT) - Monster Boot From He11.

My boot after install completed took 28 minutes.

And it didn't fix the issue. In fact it created more issues.

I'll do a full format later this evening.

Regards,

15. gregrocker, Oct 26, 2014
Thema:

Unable to Preview Builds

1. Unable to Preview Builds - Similar Threads - Unable Preview Builds

2. Windows Preview Builds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Preview Builds: My new PC has received several Preview Builds in Windows Updates over the last 36 hours. The only fix cough cough that I have found is to go to Windows Update > Windows Insider Program and either uncheck Preview Builds or unenroll from the program. I am not a member of the...
  3. Windows Preview Builds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Preview Builds: My new PC has received several Preview Builds in Windows Updates over the last 36 hours. The only fix cough cough that I have found is to go to Windows Update > Windows Insider Program and either uncheck Preview Builds or unenroll from the program. I am not a member of the...
  4. Unable to update my Windows 11 Insider Preview build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update my Windows 11 Insider Preview build: Hi, I recently tried to update my Windows 11 Pc On Build 22631.1900 with a new update Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22631.2338 KB5030305, but couldn't multiple times.The download process goes fine. When the installation process starts the updates stays...
  5. Unable to update my Windows 11 Insider Preview build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update my Windows 11 Insider Preview build: Hi, I recently tried to update my Windows 11 Pc On Build 22631.1900 with a new update Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22631.2338 KB5030305, but couldn't multiple times.The download process goes fine. When the installation process starts the updates stays...
  6. preview builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    preview builds: i cant turn my diagnosic data to full so i can get preview builds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-builds/bfc4efaf-e001-472d-8e0e-94af337c8384
  7. insider preview builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    insider preview builds: i have tried multiple time to disable the insider preview builds but after i do and leave the page and go back the settings have reverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-builds/e7124306-1cee-4430-925e-0a91a104ccd4
  8. Unable to enable Preview Builds plus two other annoyancies

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to enable Preview Builds plus two other annoyancies: I'm an Insider and when Microsoft first offered users to upgrade their PCs to the first build of Windows 10, I signed up and installed the build. Up til a few days ago, I had no issues save for a mysterious condition in which my PC failed to wake from sleep or fully reboot,...
  9. Hamachi and preview builds

Hamachi and preview builds: Seems like every preview build completely resets the networking components. So after a installing 10565 build, I had to uninstall / reinstall logmein hamachi to get it to work again. Funny thing, the disk cleanup tool could not completely remove the windows.old folder...
  10. Windows Preview build .. ?

Windows Preview build .. ?: Hello all I just check windows update and found this : [img] What is windows preview ? ..should I uninstall it ..? Thanks . 16939