Windows 10: Unable to print to any printer or on any network

Discus and support Unable to print to any printer or on any network in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Was printing fine one day on a Dell laptop that is about 4 years old, and then the next day it just stopped printing. When printing from a Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CountOnUs, Jul 5, 2018.

1. CountOnUs Win User

Unable to print to any printer or on any network

Was printing fine one day on a Dell laptop that is about 4 years old, and then the next day it just stopped printing. When printing from a Microsoft program (Word, Excel, etc.) I get a message like "Word can print due to a problem with the printer setup." When I print from Chrome, it just does noting. I've spent hours trying to figure it out with the normal fixes: remove/reinstall printers, have tried multiple locations (home/work) on different networks, multiple printers that have always worked in the past, and even purchased a new printer. That being said, I don't think it's a printer problem, sounds more like a Windows, network, or laptop problem. Any suggestions where to look?

:)

CountOnUs, Jul 5, 2018

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

What type of printers are they? Show a screenie of the http web page it offers. Use something like softperfect's netscan, go options, additional, check "check for open TCP ports and add 21,80,443,9100. Make sure the same result appears for all 4 printers. Post a screenie.

PS. I dont think this is a drivers issue. It's a fault network setup (on the printer) or a firewall/switch acting in between you and the printer. The printer obviously isnt dead if it can run and print diagnostics pages from the control panel.

Completely Bonkers, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Unable to print to any printer or on any network

Cannot print from network printer in Win 10

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for responding.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing the printer on your device.

Step 1: If the drive is being detected in Device Manager try the below to update the drivers:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Greg Carmack - MS MVP
    on January 10, 2016 and check if it helps.

Unable to connect my Printer to Windows 10

Hope it helps. get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to print to any printer or on any network

1. Unable to print to any printer or on any network - Similar Threads - Unable print printer

2. My client is unable to print to any printers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My client is unable to print to any printers.: I work for an MSP and I have a client who is unable to print to any printers. I am able to install the printers with no errors, but when I try to print a test page, I get the error: "operation could not be completed error 0x00000bbb"This is happening with multiple printers,...
  3. My client is unable to print to any printers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My client is unable to print to any printers.: I work for an MSP and I have a client who is unable to print to any printers. I am able to install the printers with no errors, but when I try to print a test page, I get the error: "operation could not be completed error 0x00000bbb"This is happening with multiple printers,...
  4. Unable to connect Windows 11 to any networked printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect Windows 11 to any networked printer: Hi everyone,A brand new PC running Windows 11 Version 22h2 OS Build 22621.674 - unpacked and 90% operational, it even picked up my Android phone!I can access a shared folder on the other Windows 10 computer and that PC can access shared files on this Windows 11 PC - so we...
  5. Unable to connect Windows 11 to any networked printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect Windows 11 to any networked printer: Hi everyone,A brand new PC running Windows 11 Version 22h2 OS Build 22621.674 - unpacked and 90% operational, it even picked up my Android phone!I can access a shared folder on the other Windows 10 computer and that PC can access shared files on this Windows 11 PC - so we...
  6. Suddenly unable to print to any network printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suddenly unable to print to any network printer: I've not had any problems in the past but now can not print to any of our 3 printers on the our WIFI. Running printer troubleshooter returned: 1 Printer XXX cannot be contacted. 2 Remote device or resource won't accept the connection TCP 515 Note: all other Windows 10...
  7. Can't print on any printer

Can't print on any printer: I have a Windows 10 machine (Dell optiplex 9010) Windows 10 Pro V 1903 OS build 18362.535 I am trying to print over USB to - Xerox Phaser 6500N - HP Laserjet M15a Windows will accept a print job and the printer does nothing. For the Xerox, it sits in the queue....
  8. Can't print in colour to any printer from any app

Can't print in colour to any printer from any app: Weird issue, I cannot print in colour at all any more. I have tried different printers and printing from different apps, all with the same result, i.e. colour prints in grayscale. I have looked at 'manage your device', 'printer properties' and 'printing preferences' and...
  9. Can't print in colour to any printer from any app

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't print in colour to any printer from any app: Weird issue, I cannot print in colour at all any more. I have tried different printers and printing from different apps, all with the same result, i.e. colour prints in grayscale. I have looked at 'manage your device', 'printer properties' and 'printing preferences' and...
  10. Unable to print from any browser

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to print from any browser: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I am unable to print to any printers from any browser. When I use the browsers print function it brings up the preview window, but just spins and never connects to any printer. 19092

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to print to any printer

2. win 10 network pc unable to print to network printer

3. unable to print from windows to any printer

4. windows 10 unable to print to any network printers