Windows 10: Unable to print to PDF

Discus and support Unable to print to PDF in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, i updated my laptop to Windows 10 and I have been unable to print to PDF. I have tried using Adobe Acrobat, Cute PDF Writer, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jdd1412, May 3, 2016.

1. jdd1412 Win User

Unable to print to PDF

Hi Everyone,

i updated my laptop to Windows 10 and I have been unable to print to PDF. I have tried using Adobe Acrobat, Cute PDF Writer, and PDFlite. All of them have an error which varies per application, however they all generally say they are unable to print. For example: if I try to print to any of the above programs while in Microsoft Office it states,

Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup.
    Try one or more of the following:
    *Check the printer by printing a test page from Windows
    *make sure the printer is turned on and online.
    *Reinstall the printer driver.

I can print perfectly to any physical printer of my network. So I know it isn't the Print Spooler. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Including Office, Adobe Acrobat, CutePDf Writer, and PDFlite. I deleted all of the printers and re-installed. I have even tried using paint and when I try to print the file to a PDF an error appears stating

Could not start print job.

A few interesting notes: After updating, all of my printers were not appearing in the Devices and Printers screen in the settings. After reinstalling printers, I noticed that old printers were still available if, when printing something, I would click select a printer. I am not positive, but I believe I may have a conflict of printers or two printers on the same port. I since then while within Microsoft Office, at the select a printer screen, deleted the old printers, which didn't work.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thank you

-Jon

:)

jdd1412, May 3, 2016

2. unable to print after installing windows 10

I have followed all methods and still unable to print.

I can go into my Printer website for the wireless printer and successfully do a test print. However, anytime I access a document, pdf or email to print - I get a Print Error message and just clog up the queue.

I also verified that my drivers are up-to-date for my printer.

Right now I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 10.

HELP!!!!

Frustrated unable to Print, May 3, 2016
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF creates a file that Adobe is unable to open

Yes, I can open other PDFs with Adobe.

I am using Adobe to edit and add text, and then trying to use Microsoft Print to PDF to flatten/save the changes that I've made to the PDF, but I am unable to open the new PDF file after using Microsoft Print to PDF to flatten/save the changes.

I can not open the PDFs created with Microsoft Print to PDF through Microsoft Edge either.

RichardWarnerEsq_851, May 3, 2016
Thema:

Unable to print to PDF

1. Unable to print to PDF - Similar Threads - Unable print PDF

2. Unable to "Print to PDF" Apple iPhone Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to "Print to PDF" Apple iPhone Photos: Hello! Using Photos Application - 2023.11090.12017.0 on Windows 11 10.0.22621 Build 22621I've plugged in my iPhone, and while the photos pop up, no "right click" is available. I can only "add" the pictures to a folder within my OneDrive, where I can then "right-click" and...
  3. Unable to "Print to PDF" Apple iPhone Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to "Print to PDF" Apple iPhone Photos: Hello! Using Photos Application - 2023.11090.12017.0 on Windows 11 10.0.22621 Build 22621I've plugged in my iPhone, and while the photos pop up, no "right click" is available. I can only "add" the pictures to a folder within my OneDrive, where I can then "right-click" and...
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF unable to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Print to PDF unable to work: Hi all, Microsoft Print to PDF is not working on my Windows 10 machine. When it prompts for filename, it will prompt twice, and the output file is 0 bytes. I have tried all methods which I found online, which includes: 1 Remove the printer, reboot, reinstall printer. 2...
  5. Unable to print PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to print PDF file: I have received an error 800F0922 when trying to print PDF file using print-to-PDF feature. I tried to reinstall this feature but failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-print-pdf-file/1a6b754f-889d-4cba-9493-06a5b99d2682
  6. Unable to print PDF file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to print PDF file: I have received an error 800F0922 when trying to print PDF file using print-to-PDF feature. I tried to reinstall this feature but failed. Suggest a way to fix this......
  7. Unable to enable Print to PDF Option

Unable to enable Print to PDF Option: I have been facing trouble with the Print To PDF feature for the last few weeks. So, I disabled the option from Windows Features and now I am unable to enable to option. I get the following error. I saw a resolution for this error on the Microsoft support page but I am unable...
  8. Print to PDF

Print to PDF: Hi, I frequently use MS print to PDF I often want to combine several pages into one PDF from separate sources. Whilst I can combine PDFs this is cumbersome. Can MS print to PDF have an extra print option to include a feature to append to an existing PDF please TY...
  9. Unable To Use Microsofft Print To PDF Options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable To Use Microsofft Print To PDF Options.: [ATTACH] As seen here, when I visit Settings > Devices > Printers and Faxes, when I click a printer it doesn't drop the printer below it down beyond the Open queue and Manage buttons therefore I can't click on them. I can use the tab button to highlight those buttons,...
  10. PDF PRINTING

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF PRINTING: HI; Was trying to print a PDF doc, when I use the 'more' button on the upper right to select 'print' my PRINT to PDF is not there anymore. I went over my HP ENVY 5660 printer and downloaded the necessary 'stuff', but in reality the PRINT to PDF menu is gone from my HP W10...