Windows 10: Unable to re install malwarebytes

Discus and support Unable to re install malwarebytes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good day to all. Had an issue with desktop yesterday regarding Malwarebytes so decided to uninstall MB using revo uinstaller then run cleaner. Now to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dafydd, May 12, 2017.

1. dafydd Win User

Unable to re install malwarebytes

Good day to all.
    Had an issue with desktop yesterday regarding Malwarebytes so decided to uninstall MB using revo uinstaller then run cleaner.
    Now to the crunch after restarting the pc tried to reinstall MB but failed a box came up on screen as per image
    Running the latest windows 10 home.
    Any hep please.

Unable to re install malwarebytes [​IMG]

:)

dafydd, May 12, 2017

2. Bluescreen tcpip.sys/ BAD_POOL_HEADER

This is related to your Malwarebytes. I would remove it and use the built in defender, or re-install it

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 12, 2017
  3. Malwarebytes antivirus app will not start.

Thanks for your timely response, I finally solved the problem by totally re-installing Windows 10 and the Malwarebytes app. It all works fine for now. S.L.

SandorLeitgeb, May 12, 2017
  4. marsmimar Win User

marsmimar, May 12, 2017
  5. dafydd Win User
    Hi thanks for that info followed the links. I hope I did correctly.

Unable to re install malwarebytes [​IMG]

mb-check-results.zip

mb-clean-results.txt

Hope they are okay.

I'm sending this from another pc.
    Many Thanks.

dafydd, May 12, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Please describe the issue you were having which caused you to uninstall MBAM? Do you suspect an infection? Is there an AV on the system? What else have you run, if anything?

simrick, May 12, 2017
  7. dafydd Win User
    Since last Tuesdays updates it all looked okay.
    But yesterday I failed to open the MB, Not saying its the latest update is to blame.
    Done nothing else just tried to uninstall and reinstall to see what the fault was. I used the revo uninstaller to get rid of the MB , But it keeps showing up in the revo after uninstall and reboot.
    Have run the MB cleaner with no luck that box appears on screen with error. That's about it.What I've done and of course did the log files you req. Just failed to delete the MB completely.
    Many thanks.

dafydd, May 12, 2017
  8. simrick Win User

Did you try right-clicking the tool and selecting Run as Administrator?
    Can you try running the removal tool while booted into safe mode?

simrick, May 12, 2017
  9. dafydd Win User
    Good morning
    Yes got it I decided to do a system restore to before the last update.
    Now another issue the start button don't work on the left mouse click it opens up on the right can access tiles etc.Any help on that Please.
    Many Thank You's.*Sad

dafydd, May 13, 2017
  10. Mouse Properties? Maybe right & left buttons swapped in the update?

Wiley Coyote, May 13, 2017
  11. simrick Win User
    So, the tool didn't work when run as Administrator, and it also didn't work when run in safe mode?

simrick, May 13, 2017
  12. dafydd Win User
    Hi thanks to all.
    Eventually got it all working okay. Between all the help you all gave somehow it solved the problem.
    Once again Many Thank You to all very much appreciated. Once again your help saved me.
    David.*Thumbs

dafydd, May 13, 2017
  13. simrick Win User

Glad to hear you got it sorted. Please mark the thread as solved. Cheers. *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to re install malwarebytes - Similar Threads - Unable install malwarebytes

2. Unable to re-install Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to re-install Windows 10: My PC randomly crashed while I was updating my drivers, I come back to see it being broken for a while, I get a blue screen every once in a while so I decided to reinstall Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool and a USB.I can't install it on my C drive though, it keeps saying...
  3. Unable to re-install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to re-install Windows 10: My PC randomly crashed while I was updating my drivers, I come back to see it being broken for a while, I get a blue screen every once in a while so I decided to reinstall Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool and a USB.I can't install it on my C drive though, it keeps saying...
  4. Unable to re-install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to Re-install Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Re-install Microsoft Store: Hello I had issue with Microsoft store showing an error and I uninstalled it with powershell. But now I'm unable to re-install with the commands provided in the forum. Please help me. This is the message I get when i try the reinstallation command. [ATTACH]...
  6. Unable to re-install minecraft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to re-install minecraft: I recently ran into the bug where you have to uninstall and reinstall minecraft, i deleted minecraft and tried to reinstall minecraft but then ran into the problem where I cant install it. How do i fix this?...
  7. Unable to re-install Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to re-install Minecraft: I'm trying to re-install Minecraft after a complete re-do of the computer and re-installation of Windows 10. The game shows up in my Microsoft account that I own it. But when I click on reinstall, it says Thanks! We're trying to install this on your computer, and then...
  8. Unable to install Malwarebytes, or others

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to install Malwarebytes, or others: W10 Pro 64 bit on surface book Fully updated. I had a virus optimiser which I managed to get rid of, but still think I am infected. When an attempt to install Malwarebytes or some other anti virus program, I get the following pop up and it wont install. see attached....
  9. Firefox unable to complete re-install....

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox unable to complete re-install....: Having had problems earlier with Firefox my default browser decided to remove and re-install, however the new download is unable to complete saying try again. This sounds as though it hasn't uninstalled properly to begin with so any ideas how to resolve this ? Thanks...
  10. Unable to connect to Malwarebytes server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to connect to Malwarebytes server: I have three computers on the same network. All running Win 10 Pro. About 2 weeks ago two of the computers stopped getting updated from MWB. I tried manually updating but get an error message saying that it couldn't connect to the update server. I'm not sure if this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to install the free version of malwarebytes