Windows 10: Unable to rebuild BCD, unable to export BCD (0 Installations found, common solutions do...

Discus and support Unable to rebuild BCD, unable to export BCD (0 Installations found, common solutions do... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I think I have now tried every solution out there, none works. I tried to update to 1803, which killed my PC, unable to boot, error code 0xc0000225... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by r3vil, Jul 26, 2018.

1. r3vil Win User

Unable to rebuild BCD, unable to export BCD (0 Installations found, common solutions do...

I think I have now tried every solution out there, none works.

I tried to update to 1803, which killed my PC, unable to boot, error code 0xc0000225 (among others, switches habitually)

So I tried to rebuild BCD, but it always say 0 installations found. Tried to export bcd and rename, not possible because also not found.

I tried setting system partition to active, no change.

I also tried numerous other solutions to create or export bcd, nothing worked for me.

If anybody has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it, because, frankly, I am slowly starting to go mad here...

:)

r3vil, Jul 26, 2018

2. BCD problem, Identified Windows installations: 0 (Existing solutions haven't worked)

That URL you followed...

How to Rebuild Windows Boot Configuration Data (BCD)

How To Rebuild the BCD in Windows

...is smart enough to know "BootRec /RebuildBCD" does not add an OS into the BCD that is already there. Instead, it says...

"

X:\windows\system32>bootrec /RebuildBCD

Scanning all disks for Windows installations.

Please wait, since this may take a while...

Successfully scanned Windows installations.

Total identified Windows installations: 0

The operation completed successfully.

"

So, the article then says to rename the BCD, so that it could be rebuilt. Steps 6 & 7 do that...

6. attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s

7. ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

BUT that won't work in a UEFI system. A UEFI system has the BCD in a separate partition - the EFI partition. I'd show you how to put a letter on it to use instead of C: - but I see you've
    solved the boot problem another way. Good going. (BTW, the ATTRIB command was unnecessary to do for me.)

PCR Just PCR, Jul 26, 2018
  3. KJ_744 Win User
    BCD problem, Identified Windows installations: 0 (Existing solutions haven't worked)

I have a Win10 installation upgraded a year ago from win7. It won't boot now; gives a BCD error and the error code 0xc0000098. So I followed the instructions here (How to Rebuild Windows Boot Configuration Data (BCD)) to reboot from the
    win7 installation disk, get a command prompt, and try to rebuild the BCD, but I get "Total identified Windows installations: 0". I follow the additional instructions for hiding the old BCD before rebuilding, but after doing this I still get 0 windows installations.
    What more can I do? The C: drive/partition seems fine and I can browse it from the cmdline.

KJ_744, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Unable to rebuild BCD, unable to export BCD (0 Installations found, common solutions do...

BCD problem, Identified Windows installations: 0 (Existing solutions haven't worked)

It sounds like EasyBCD understands "something known as the UEFI". But will it...?...

(a) Regenerate (delete & rebuild) a BCD in one step?

(b) Even better - can it regenerate one OS within a BCD that multiboots, in one step?

PCR Just PCR, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Unable to rebuild BCD, unable to export BCD (0 Installations found, common solutions do...

1. Unable to rebuild BCD, unable to export BCD (0 Installations found, common solutions do... - Similar Threads - Unable rebuild BCD

2. io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD: after reinstalling the EFI partition bootrec seems to have installed UEFI instead of legacy into the EFI partition which causes windows to give an error io1 initialization failed, i've been trying for hours to get this to work, forcefully booting in legacy mode from a usb...
  3. io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD: after reinstalling the EFI partition bootrec seems to have installed UEFI instead of legacy into the EFI partition which causes windows to give an error io1 initialization failed, i've been trying for hours to get this to work, forcefully booting in legacy mode from a usb...
  4. Cannot rebuild BCD files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot rebuild BCD files.: I restarted my PC after messing with ASUS files on my computer, ASUS is mb manufacturer and I'm getting a blue screen with the error code 0xc0000225. I've searched the internet for fixes and none of them have worked yet. The most promising solution, repairing my BCD files,...
  5. Cannot rebuild BCD files.

Cannot rebuild BCD files.: I restarted my PC after messing with ASUS files on my computer, ASUS is mb manufacturer and I'm getting a blue screen with the error code 0xc0000225. I've searched the internet for fixes and none of them have worked yet. The most promising solution, repairing my BCD files,...
  6. Windows not launching and rebuilding BCD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not launching and rebuilding BCD: This one is a stickler and every possible solution has been combatted with no path found or no file specified. I needed to use my PC's CD driver to play a disk to install a driver for a wifi adpater. My PC does not have a spare SATA cord so I had to unplug the SSD and plug...
  7. Windows not launching and rebuilding BCD

Windows not launching and rebuilding BCD: This one is a stickler and every possible solution has been combatted with no path found or no file specified. I needed to use my PC's CD driver to play a disk to install a driver for a wifi adpater. My PC does not have a spare SATA cord so I had to unplug the SSD and plug...
  8. Windows not launching and rebuilding BCD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?: I have a number of bogus entries in BCD. Plus I cloned my primary Win10-1903 SSD to create a multiboot system, ran EasyBCD and that's what added all these fake entries. On top of that, it sometimes has trouble booting, I have to hit Cntrl-Alt-Delete to restart the boot...
  10. BCD File Rebuild and BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BCD File Rebuild and BIOS: Our IT department updated my pc to 1803 not realizing that I have an X299 motherboard and a Samsung NVME SSD boot drive. I came in the next day to get the BCD File error BSOD with error code 0xc000098 (a known bug but not fixed a year after discovery). Our IT department...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to rebuild BCD