Windows 10: Unable to recover corrupt SD card/RAW file

Discus and support Unable to recover corrupt SD card/RAW file in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 32GB SD card has 2 recognised partitions both are known to be in RAW file format. I have tried many ways using cmd and chkdsk/Diskpart in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StrainedVase852, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Unable to recover corrupt SD card/RAW file

32GB SD card has 2 recognised partitions both are known to be in RAW file format.

I have tried many ways using cmd and chkdsk/Diskpart in Administrator mode to recover and format these RAW files/partition from the SD card.

However, whatever way I try, I always get Windows 10 telling me either...

convert is not available for RAW drives

chkdsk is not available for RAW drives

windows 10 is unable to format this drive etc,etc,

The 32GB SD card was originally used in my Alcatel mobile phone but it will not format or convert etc

CAN ANYONE PLEASE ADVISE!?

:)

StrainedVase852, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Bo$$ Win User

Can data be recovered from a Formatted SD Flash Card?

read, he has lost his flash card with sensitive info on it

3. Macazine Win User
    Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Unable to recover corrupt SD card/RAW file

SD Card, Thumbnails and Raw files

Having a problem viewing RAW camera files directly on an SD Card in File explorer. All I get is blue icons saying it's a picture file, no thumbnail of the image. I have to import them to see them!!! But I want to sort/delete the images before importing.
    Now just been down Curry's and tried my card in their display desktops and laptops, and it works fine. Open file explorer, select SD card and there are all my images in thumbnails!!!! What's missing from my laptop? I'm up to date with updates, I've checked
    the drivers for card reader and downloaded all the Codec files I can find. Still no joy. Is it because I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 and something was left out. Please help! As a photographer this is driving me up the wall and thinking of swapping to
    Mac's

Update .... Have tried Defrag, disk clean up and Run Maintenance task and no joy. Then closed File explorer, reopened it and thumbnails were working!!!! Fantastic. Shut the comp down for the night, fired it up next day and everything back to not showing
    thumbnails for RAW files. Tried again a second ago.....opened up a folder of RAW files....first 7 I could see thumbnails.....rest were the blue icon of two mountains. I had no problems with Windows 7 and beginning to loose faith in Microsoft

Astranova67, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Unable to recover corrupt SD card/RAW file

1. Unable to recover corrupt SD card/RAW file - Similar Threads - Unable recover corrupt

2. Repairing RAW problem in SD Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repairing RAW problem in SD Card: Hi,Recently by mistake, I removed SD card 4GB without properly ejecting it from my laptop Windows 10. The SD card now does not work on any of my laptops. I tried to use CHKDSK command to fix and repair, but this command does not work for RAW drives/errors. I also tried...
  3. Repairing RAW problem in SD Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repairing RAW problem in SD Card: Hi,Recently by mistake, I removed SD card 4GB without properly ejecting it from my laptop Windows 10. The SD card now does not work on any of my laptops. I tried to use CHKDSK command to fix and repair, but this command does not work for RAW drives/errors. I also tried...
  4. Repairing RAW problem in SD Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Corrupted SD card

Corrupted SD card: I tried to fix my corrupted sd card using chkdsk command in windows 10. It says the following: The type of the file system is FAT32. Volume Serial Number is 3B83-1115 Windows is verifying files and folders... The 'file' entry contains a nonvalid link. The size of the...
  6. sd card files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sd card files: Hi I am trying to play files from my Dashcam SD Card I get message saying windows media cant play files as it doesn't know which codec was used to compress the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-files/7234fbb0-99d2-46fc-8a7d-767106d4691d"
  7. Unable to Format SD Card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Format SD Card: Hello everyone, After scrounging the internet for the past two days and trying what I feel is almost everything I wanted to come here to ask for help. My micro SD card was acting up in my cell phone, so I decided to put it into my computer with its adapter, backup all my...
  8. Files are corrupted on SD card

Files are corrupted on SD card: I use 512 SD card inserted in my Surface Go as an extra storage place. But I’ve recently found out that most of my files are corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-corrupted-on-sd-card/3f6ddc9c-be6d-4568-941b-e45837817246
  9. C Drive Full and SD Card Corrupting Files

C Drive Full and SD Card Corrupting Files: Hey, hope this is in the right place. So my C drive is literally full. No space whatsoever. I've attempted multiple times to clean it out, deleting folders, using software to clean out junk files, everything. I cannot delete anything in the C drive because it's system...
  10. Micro SD Card Corrupted

Micro SD Card Corrupted: Hi Before I forget my phones an android! The other day I moved some music over to my phone and it seemed to move OK so I went ahead and removed my phone from the laptop. Then when I got to the car I went to pull up my music player so I could play over my cars audio...