Windows 10: Unable to Refresh Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to Refresh Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi folks, I've been suffering from the whole "start menu isn't working, here have this lovely critical error" issue for quite some time now. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sh4d0w1ink920, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Unable to Refresh Windows 10

Hi folks,

I've been suffering from the whole "start menu isn't working, here have this lovely critical error" issue for quite some time now. I've brushed it off as a nuisance and tried to ignore it, but it's really just starting to limit the functionality of my PC so I'm trying to get it resolved.

I've followed a few different suggestions that I've seen around these forums and the web to no avail. Most recently, I tried to reset my computer through Settings (keeping all of my files). It starts the process, reboots my PC to a screen that asks me to select the layout of my keyboard... but I've lost all functionality of my mouse and keyboard in the process. I can't select anything to get beyond the screen. I've tried another mouse with no success.

Any help would really be appreciated.

:)

sh4d0w1ink920, Feb 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 start menu and search box not working

hello cornell,

I dont have a windows installation media to refresh my windows,as i upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1.so i am unable to refresh my pc.

shivagurram, Feb 25, 2016
  3. unable to update windows 10

I am unable to get microsoft update to work.. installed windows 10 and no issues until now. edge is unable to connect to internet but no issued with firefox and chrome. performed refresh and still have the same issue. unable to restore to a previous
    point as that is not working either. ideas?

ChrisMurphy69, Feb 25, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Unable to Refresh Windows 10

Brink, Feb 25, 2016
  5. Thanks for your reply. I'm slowly working through the process. I've downloaded an ISO file to a folder on my desktop, but I don't have a DVD to burn it to. When I right click to "mount" the file, the option does not appear.

I'm trying to follow the advice here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Edit: I was able to do it through PowerShell. Going to attempt now - will let you know if it works.

sh4d0w1ink920, Feb 25, 2016
  6. Just wanted to update and say that I found a solution through the link posted by Brink.

To reiterate the problem: My start menu and task bar were not functioning. Whenever I would try to use the start menu, I would get a critical error telling me that I needed to sign out. It was also preventing certain functions, like automatic updates.

The solution: Through Brink's link I found out how to download a Windows 10 ISO repair file to a USB drive, mount it to my computer using Powershell (no DVD required), and repairing my Windows 10 files while keeping all of my personal files and apps. Everything works fine now.

Thanks again!

sh4d0w1ink920, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unable to Refresh Windows 10

1. Unable to Refresh Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable Refresh

2. Please help I changed my refresh rate to where my screen is black which makes me unable to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help I changed my refresh rate to where my screen is black which makes me unable to...: Contact info *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-i-changed-my-refresh-rate-to-where-my/a12f6e58-8f0b-4585-8515-be4567591390
  3. Please help I changed my refresh rate to where my screen is black which makes me unable to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help I changed my refresh rate to where my screen is black which makes me unable to...: Contact info *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-i-changed-my-refresh-rate-to-where-my/a12f6e58-8f0b-4585-8515-be4567591390
  4. Unable to Boot or Refresh Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Boot or Refresh Windows 8.1: 1 Win 8.1 on Dell XPS fails to boot & ongoing failed attempts to Refresh are driving me insane!2 Auto-restart references "preparing automatic repair" ... followed by nothing automatic, & certainly no repair.3 Process then announces "diagnosing your PC" followed by "PC did not...
  5. Unable to Boot or Refresh Windows 8.1

Unable to Boot or Refresh Windows 8.1: 1 Win 8.1 on Dell XPS fails to boot & ongoing failed attempts to Refresh are driving me insane!2 Auto-restart references "preparing automatic repair" ... followed by nothing automatic, & certainly no repair.3 Process then announces "diagnosing your PC" followed by "PC did not...
  6. Unable to select 144Hz refresh rate on new monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to select 144Hz refresh rate on new monitor: I just got my new 1440p 144Hz monitor and I connect it to my laptop thru HDMI using the cable supplied with the monitor. I was able to select 1440p resolution but couldn't not select the 144Hz option. I am on Windows 11 21H2 Build 22000.282.The same cable I used on another...
  7. Unable to select 144Hz refresh rate on new monitor

Unable to select 144Hz refresh rate on new monitor: I just got my new 1440p 144Hz monitor and I connect it to my laptop thru HDMI using the cable supplied with the monitor. I was able to select 1440p resolution but couldn't not select the 144Hz option. I am on Windows 11 21H2 Build 22000.282.The same cable I used on another...
  8. unable to change screen resolution or refresh rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to change screen resolution or refresh rate: I have a Lenovo laptop and I am trying to change my display resolutions in display settings> advanced display settings> display adapter properties> list all modes. it lets me select a different resolution, but it just waits 15 seconds and reverts when I apply it. The...
  9. Unable to clean install windows using refresh windows tool by microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to clean install windows using refresh windows tool by microsoft: I've changed my Windows Home OEM to windows pro using the Organisation product key a few months ago. Now I want to get back to Windows Home OEM by clean installation. My laptop is running few problems like getting stuck, slow running applications, late restart timing, files...
  10. Windows 10. Unable to Refresh F5/Right click<Refresh

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10. Unable to Refresh F5/Right click<Refresh: Hey, I just resetted my Laptop. I kept the personal files and just removed all the apps. The laptop is really smooth now except for refreshing. Everytime I try to refresh... The Blue circle of busyness comes on and stays for a longgggg time. I can click Start, I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to refresh windows 10

2. unable to refreash win 10