Windows 10: Unable to remove a folder from Photos

Discus and support Unable to remove a folder from Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Photos ver 2018.18051.18420.0 Can add a folder to my Microsoft Photos, but am unable to remove it from the app. Is there a setting that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dazzakoh, Aug 23, 2018.

1. dazzakoh Win User

Unable to remove a folder from Photos

Microsoft Photos ver 2018.18051.18420.0

Can add a folder to my Microsoft Photos, but am unable to remove it from the app.

Is there a setting that I am missing?

:)

dazzakoh, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Save photo folders

Hello Cece,

There are several ways for you to transfer your photos to your USB device. You can follow the steps provided below:

• Plug-in the USB device to your computer.
    • Using File Explorer navigate to your photo folders and highlight them.
    • Click Move to and choose Choose location...
    • Then select the USB device you want to store your photo folders to.
    • Or, you can drag and drop the photo folders to the removable USB device location folder and it will copy the files to the destination folder.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Aug 23, 2018
  3. SlideShow in Photos app does not display more that 30 photos

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to remove and re-add the photos folder from Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Photos App.

• Click on Settings.

• Under Sources click on the X mark next to the folder location listed to delete the location from Photos App.

• Once done try to re-add the folder by clicking on Add a Folder.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 23, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    • Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    • Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    • Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    • Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to remove a folder from Photos - Similar Threads - Unable remove folder

2. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder: On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication...
  3. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder: On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication...
  4. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to remove read-only attribute from folders

Unable to remove read-only attribute from folders: updated my nvidia graphics driver, started getting blue screen crashes. System restore did not correct. Found an nvidia sound device had been installed. Removed it and crashes stopped.Since then my folders are all read only and cannot be changed.Completed windows updaterun...
  6. Unable to remove onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to remove onedrive folder: Running Windows 10 Home. I uninstalled MS Onedrive successfully per the instructions in the tutorial on tenforums. Now I want to remove the onedrive folder in "C:\users\myusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive. To see if removing the OneDrive folder will cause any...
  7. Unable to remove the onedrive folder

Unable to remove the onedrive folder: Hello, I have an issue. In windows explorer there's still an ondrive folder in side panel after removing onedrive from my microsoft account about year ago. I tried to make it hidden, but nothing works, because it always says that the folder doesn't exist. Any help would be...
  8. Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !!: I do not wish to have the Photos App show photos from ../users/my/Onedrive/pictures . Therefore, I removed the folder from the Settings>Sources. But then the folder comes back ! I remove it... it comes back.... and again ... again! Why does 'delete' not mean 'delete'!?...
  9. Unable to Remove Folder From Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Remove Folder From Start: I inadvertently dragged a tile into another. Now there's this damn folder tile with 2 tiles and I can't remove it. I can't drag any of the tiles out, right clicking only allows Resize. I even pinned the recycle bin to the start screen and dragged it onto that, didn't work....
  10. Unable to Remove Folder From Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Remove Folder From Start: I inadvertently dragged a tile into another. Now there's this damn folder tile with 2 tiles and I can't remove it. I can't drag any of the tiles out, right clicking only allows Resize. I even pinned the recycle bin to the start screen and dragged it onto that, didn't work....