Windows 10: Unable to remove paired Wireless Controller

Discus and support Unable to remove paired Wireless Controller in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to remove my paired DS4 controller via the settings menu for bluetooth. I click remove device and and it is stuck saying "Removing Device"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PyrateLegend, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Unable to remove paired Wireless Controller

I am unable to remove my paired DS4 controller via the settings menu for bluetooth. I click remove device and and it is stuck saying "Removing Device" and it never removes. I have restarted my PC and turned Bluetooth off and on, nothing is working. If anyone knows the answer please tell me. Thank you.

:)

PyrateLegend, Aug 25, 2018

2. Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi Brad,

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps to pair the Xbox One Elite Controller and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the article below, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

All about the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing Xbox One Elite Controller for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Unable to remove paired Wireless Controller

Pairing controllers wirelessly.

Hi,

It's possible that you're not able to pair your controller due to incompatibility with the Bluetooth adapter. We'd like to learn more about your concern so we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions
    for you:

• Just to confirm, did your Bluetooth adapter come with the controller when you bought it?

• Have you checked the manufacturer's website for additional software needed to use the controller in Windows 10, since this controller is specifically built for a game console?

• Were you able to install the Bluetooth drivers through the CD without any problems?

• Are you able to connect other Bluetooth devices to your computer through the Bluetooth adapter?

• Whenever you try to pair the controller, do you get an error message? If yes, please post a screenshot.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Yolvi Ell, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Unable to remove paired Wireless Controller

1. Unable to remove paired Wireless Controller - Similar Threads - Unable remove paired

2. Unable to remove my wireless xbox controller window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove my wireless xbox controller window 11: I want to remove my wireless xbox controller it says that "removed failed". I've tried everything i could think of:- restart my computer- shutting down and turn it back onNothing will work so i need help!...
  3. Unable to remove my wireless xbox controller window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove my wireless xbox controller window 11: I want to remove my wireless xbox controller it says that "removed failed". I've tried everything i could think of:- restart my computer- shutting down and turn it back onNothing will work so i need help!...
  4. wireless keyboard pairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless keyboard pairing: Hello. I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse model 5050, but my USB dongle was damaged and no longer works. I purchased a Universal Bluetooth USB Adaptor but I cannot find a way to pair my keyboard/mouse with this dongle. Do I have to purchase and entirely new...
  5. wireless keyboard pairing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless keyboard pairing: Hello. I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse model 5050, but my USB dongle was damaged and no longer works. I purchased a Universal Bluetooth USB Adaptor but I cannot find a way to pair my keyboard/mouse with this dongle. Do I have to purchase and entirely new...
  6. wireless keyboard pairing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Xbox Wireless Controller Carbon Black (2020) pairing issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Wireless Controller Carbon Black (2020) pairing issue: Hi guys, I bought new controller for playing on Windows 10 few days ago. First of all controller has problem with disconnecting. I was playing Rocket League and every second game controller started blink. Few seconds later was everything fine but it's happend very often and...
  8. Xbox Wireless Controller Remove Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Wireless Controller Remove Failed: Recently my Xbox One wireless controller has stopped connecting to my PC. When I go to PC Settings and go to Bluetooth & other devices I see that there is an Xbox Wireless Controller already there, however when I try to remove this it says "Remove failed" after a few...
  9. Xbox wireless adapter does not pair with Controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox wireless adapter does not pair with Controller: Hello, I have an Xbox One wireless controller and an Xbox wireless adapter. Everything was OK on my Windows 10 PC they were pairing normally until one day I turned on Airplane Mode accidentally and then Airplane Mode disappeared from my PC. I fixed that problem after a lot...
  10. controller pairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controller pairing: can I pair my playstation 4 controller with my PC. running inactivated Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-pairing/42413acd-ec38-4ada-a275-3b9d552b74ad

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox wireless controller remove failed

2. xbox wireless controller remove failed pc

3. wireless xbox controller cant remove failed

4. how to remove wireless controller,
  5. paired xbox wireless controller does not remove from pc,
  6. unable to remove xbox wirless controleler,
  7. unable to remove bluetooth paired controller,
  8. unable to remove wireless controller pc