Windows 10: Unable to reset my computer

Discus and support Unable to reset my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I was making this question as I was wondering how to reset my PC. I plan on selling it to a friend so naturally I wanted to wipe the hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hugo Tax, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Hugo Tax Win User

Unable to reset my computer

Hello! I was making this question as I was wondering how to reset my PC. I plan on selling it to a friend so naturally I wanted to wipe the hard drive so that it could be fresh and work properly. However when I go into the settings and go to reset the PC, every time it has come up with the error "Unable to reset PC. Undoing changes". I tried another method of using the windows 10 media installer, however when I run it through it also errors as well. I'm not sure how to go about resetting and I've spent several hours already attempting to reset it. Is there another way I can go about doing this? Or perhaps some sort of program or manual way to do it? Thanks!

Computer:
    Gateway NV57H94u

:)

Hugo Tax, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Unable to reset computer

Hi,

To better assist you on how to factory reset your computer, please clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Since when are you experiencing the issue?
    • Is it still an ongoing issue on your computer?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • Can you possibly send us a screenshot?
    • What error messages are you getting?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 13, 2018
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to reset my computer - Similar Threads - Unable reset computer

2. unable to factory reset computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to factory reset computer: I want to factory reset this computer but cannot because of the recovery media. When I try to get the recovery media, it says I'm missing files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-factory-reset-computer/2f3ad5a0-a4a2-464d-a07a-a353432c69bb
  3. unable to factory reset computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to factory reset computer: I want to factory reset this computer but cannot because of the recovery media. When I try to get the recovery media, it says I'm missing files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-factory-reset-computer/2f3ad5a0-a4a2-464d-a07a-a353432c69bb
  4. unable to factory reset computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to sign into my computer after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into my computer after reset: Hi, I recently reset my computer using the 'just remove my files' option as I was going to give it too my brother. however after the reset I got a 'user profile service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded' error. Ive tried all the suggested fixes for this but...
  6. Unable to sign into my computer after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign into my computer after reset: Hi, I recently reset my computer using the 'just remove my files' option as I was going to give it too my brother. however after the reset I got a 'user profile service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded' error. Ive tried all the suggested fixes for this but...
  7. Unable to sign into my computer after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Unable to reset computer

Unable to reset computer: I've had the BSoD for a few weeks now, and I've tried all of the videos on YouTube pertaining to the Command Prompt. At this point in time, I just want my computer back, and everything is in the Cloud anyways, so I'm fine with resetting. I get to the troubleshooting screen...
  9. Unable to reset computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to reset computer: The button for resetting the computer doesn't work [Settings > Update & Security > Recovery], how to fix this? There are no error messages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-computer/acec9f37-c279-4c49-ac6f-4a0f81a82ab0
  10. Unable to reset the computer

Unable to reset the computer: Hi, I have a laptop that I'd like to format and install windows all over again. Selecting Reset and the option to remove all files the computer reports it prepares everything. After some time however it stops with a message saying something like (it is in Norwegian on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I am unable to reset my desktop