Windows 10: Unable to reset PIN code for login,

Discus and support Unable to reset PIN code for login, in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Yesterday, I got a problem with a key being phantom pressed, which is fixed. This leads into my problem. The phantom presses made my PIN code... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bigyihsuan, May 1, 2015.

1. Unable to reset PIN code for login,

Yesterday, I got a problem with a key being phantom pressed, which is fixed. This leads into my problem.

The phantom presses made my PIN code invalid because it incorrectly entered it too many times, and now I can't login with a PIN. Is there any way to re-enable the PIN code?

EDIT: Screenshot:

Unable to reset PIN code for login, [​IMG]

:)

bigyihsuan, May 1, 2015

2. Cannot activate PIN or change my password through windows settings! Windows 10

Hi Goncalo,

Signing in using a PIN code is always useful for login since it is faster to enter than a regular password and easier to remember. However, since you're having issues activating the PIN code and also unable to reset the password, we can delete the NGC folder
    so you can add a new PIN. We have found a
    related thread
    which has a similar issue as yours. Check out the response of
    darrenc1
    as it was able to resolve the same issue for several Community members.

Update us on how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, May 1, 2015
  3. Windows login error using PIN

Something went wrong (code:0x8009002d) is coming during login using my PIN, and now I amd unable to change a PIN for my accout in windows 10 1703 version, updated last week from 1607 to 1703.

kindly help

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in / PC ]

Raj_kumar5, May 1, 2015
  4. Unable to reset PIN code for login,

Never mind. I've managed to change my PIN in the full Windows 10.

I went to the settings to change my pin, and clicked "Forgot my PIN", put in my password, and successfully changed my PIN.

bigyihsuan, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

Unable to reset PIN code for login,

1. Unable to reset PIN code for login, - Similar Threads - Unable reset PIN

2. Unable to reset PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reset PIN: I'm trying to use the store, but i keep getting the message "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. You can reset your PIN by going to: Settings >Accounts > Sign-in-options. 0X80090016. I cant follow that path cause there isnt onethat I can find and I'm not able...
  3. Unable to reset pin

Unable to reset pin: Trying to reset Microsoft PIN, when trying the steps in settings, forgot pin, try to reset, screen message wait a moment then does nothing. How can I get the pin reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-pin/26dfbc64-e92a-4d99-9c44-b0463fa51b5f
  4. Login Issues, not getting email with code to reset PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Issues, not getting email with code to reset PIN: Hi, It's been over 2 weeks and still I am not able to login to my computer which hampered by business, When I tried to login it says My Account is blocked because of multiple incorrect passwords and guided me to reset my PIN number, when I follow the same and entered my email...
  5. Login Issues, not getting email with code to reset PIN

Login Issues, not getting email with code to reset PIN: Hi, It's been over 2 weeks and still I am not able to login to my computer which hampered by business, When I tried to login it says My Account is blocked because of multiple incorrect passwords and guided me to reset my PIN number, when I follow the same and entered my email...
  6. Unable to login with pin code, says the pin code is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login with pin code, says the pin code is incorrect: I cannot login using my pin it says my pincode is incorrect, I am using my fingerprint now to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-with-pin-code-says-the-pin-code-is/b8a764bd-8cd4-4b5d-9320-81dcbb0458fa
  7. Unable to login with pin code, says the pin code is incorrect

Unable to login with pin code, says the pin code is incorrect: I cannot login using my pin it says my pincode is incorrect, I am using my fingerprint now to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-with-pin-code-says-the-pin-code-is/b8a764bd-8cd4-4b5d-9320-81dcbb0458fa
  8. Unable to reset login PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to reset login PIN.: I don’t know why I was locked from using the fingerprint but I’m not able to insert a pin because I tried every one I ever used and none work. I dont have the password option and when I try to reset the PIN, it says I need to download an app but I cant without forst logging...
  9. Forgot PIN Code and Unable to Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot PIN Code and Unable to Login: I have forgotten my pin code I was able to find the recovery key id but I am unable to type it in the specific field What is the difference between a recovery key id and a recovery key. Must I find the recovery key via the recovery key ID and if so how? I am able to type...
  10. Login with PIN code?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login with PIN code?: Hey, I have the PIN set up already but that's only for when I lock the PC, is there a way where I have to enter my PIN to access the computer from boot up. 16445