Windows 10: Unable to restore a file located in my OneDrive recycle bin

Discus and support Unable to restore a file located in my OneDrive recycle bin in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The file is a Notebook created using the OneNote App. I inadvertently deleted if from a folder in the desktop OneDrive. The file is visible in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jhcarver, Jul 20, 2017.

1. jhcarver Win User

Unable to restore a file located in my OneDrive recycle bin

The file is a Notebook created using the OneNote App. I inadvertently deleted if from a folder in the desktop OneDrive. The file is visible in the OneDrive online recycle bin. However, attempts to restore fail with the error “you already have a file or folder with that name”. My guess is that this was created when I first opened the OneNote App after deleting the existing notebook. An option to replace the existing file also fails with the error “this item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to access it. Contact the owner of this item for more information”. I am the owner.

I suppose I could try to rename the newly created empty notebook but I don’t see how to do that.

SOLVED:*Biggrin I figured out how to change the name of the newly created Notebook; once I did that, I was able to restore the real one from the OneDrive recycle bin. Whew!!

:)

jhcarver, Jul 20, 2017

2. INFORMATION WIPE OUT AFTER AN UPGRADE

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

When you delete a file from your computer, it's actually just moved to the Recycle Bin, where it's temporarily stored until the Recycle Bin is emptied. This gives you an opportunity to recover accidentally deleted files and restore them to their original
    locations.

To recover files from the Recycle Bin

• Open the Recycle Bin by double-clicking the Recycle Bin on the desktop.

• Do one of the following:

• To restore a file, click it, and then, on the toolbar, click Restore this item.

• To restore all of the files, make sure that no files are selected, and then, on the toolbar, click
        Restore all items.
      The files will be restored to their original locations on your computer.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 20, 2017
  3. Nokia Lumia 920 - corrupted all photos and replaced all videos with a copy of just one when moving files to pc

Im not sure what happened to your corrupted photo files, but if you had backed them up on OneDrive, check the Recycle bin and see if they are there. Sign in to onedrive.live.com and Recycle Bin is located in the bottom left corner.

sure why not, Jul 20, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Thanks for sharing the fix

Thema:

1. Unable to restore a file located in my OneDrive recycle bin - Similar Threads - Unable restore file

2. Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialog boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialog box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  3. Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialog boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialog box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  4. Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialogue boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialogue box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  5. Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin Dialogue Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialogue boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialogue box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  6. File location in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File location in recycle bin: I deleted a file from downloads folder and it went to recycle bin and when I searched for that file in the search bar under "This PC" it shows me the locationc/user/username/appdata/roaming/temp . Is it safe to believe that files in this location stay for 30 days before...
  7. Files are automatically put in OneDrive recycling bin and have to manually restore

Files are automatically put in OneDrive recycling bin and have to manually restore: Hello- Recently, I have been getting notifications regarding my files being automatically deleted and placed in the OneDrive recycling bin. This happens more often when I am playing Fallout and either I save or the game autosaves. The pop-up takes me out of the game window....
  8. unable to restore files from recycle bin

unable to restore files from recycle bin: I'm unable to restore files from recycle bin it's not showing any error it' just not getting restore please help me!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-restore-files-from-recycle/ee642332-0e3b-4ad4-9f49-29bdc8227804
  9. Location of recycle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location of recycle bin: I am trying to access the recycle bin on my Windows 10 PC. It doesn't show up on the desktop as it did in Windows 7 and I can't find out how to get to it. I have followed all the advice from Microsoft - go to settings, select personalization, select desktop icons, make sure...
  10. Recycle Bin Restore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recycle Bin Restore?: This morning I came into work and my desktop was absolutely covered with icons. Upon reviewing these icons, it appears that everything from my recycle bin from the last year has been moved to my desktop. I have noticed this happen before and it seems to happen occasionally...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to restore a file located in my onedrive recycle bin

2. unable to restore files from One Drive Online Recycle bin

3. unabl eto restore file in onedrive error folder alreday exist

4. unable to restore folder in onedrive recycle bin,
  5. where is the onedrive recycle bin located,
  6. where is the recycle bin in onedrive located