Windows 10: Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop

Discus and support Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I was having keyboard problems with my Lenovo Flex 5. It was still under warranty so I sent the laptop back to Lenovo at their request. Before I sent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Lawls, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Lawls Win User

Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop

I was having keyboard problems with my Lenovo Flex 5. It was still under warranty so I sent the laptop back to Lenovo at their request. Before I sent it to them I ran a backup to an external hard drive. The files are located in a file labeled "File History". They sent me a new laptop almost identical to my old one and now I want to restore the files from File History to my new laptop. Unfortunately, when I run the restore function it only recognizes a backup I made right after I set my new laptop up. Is there a trick to restoring files from the file history of one computer to a new computer?

:)

Lawls, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

What to do with old laptop

If you actually read the thread it is a spare old laptop.

Nordic, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Anthony12 Win User
    What to do with old laptop

Yeah this is good suggestions here with your old laptop but i just want to say you that you should replace your old laptop with any new laptop by exchanging the old one and i think this is the best opinion for you ....

Give us a call

Anthony12, Aug 22, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop - Similar Threads - Unable Restore Laptop

2. Restoring a system imaging backup from a windows 10 laptop to a new windows 10 laptop using...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring a system imaging backup from a windows 10 laptop to a new windows 10 laptop using...: I have been trying to restore a backup using the system imaging on my old laptop and want to restore it on my laptop, I can't see where to go to do this. Please help...
  3. Transfer from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer from old to new laptop: Not sure this is the right forum for this but if not please point me in the right direction. I currently have an 8 year old laptop running Win 10 Pro x 64 and MS Office 2013. It is not capable of running Win 11 when it is released.I am considering the purchase of a new laptop...
  4. Transferring installation from old laptop to new laptop.

Transferring installation from old laptop to new laptop.: I wanted to transfer OS from old laptop to new laptop in a virtual hard drive dual booting. The reason to do this is that I had some old legacy programs that I still use but would be unable to reinstall as no longer available. Old laptop was AMD 10. New one I7 with optane...
  5. Restore a backup from one laptop to another laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore a backup from one laptop to another laptop: Hello, I just broke my laptop (Asus S510UN, it's an i7, 16GB, NVME) it slipped from my hands and fell. I am looking to buy another of the same configuration may not be the same brand. Too bad, because it was recent (2018), worked very well and I took a while to install all...
  6. Restoring an old backup

Restoring an old backup: in 2009 I backed up my wife's data onto discs before she got rid of her laptop. I now want to restore the data to my Windows 10 laptop but cannot find any software. Any ideas please....
  7. Transfer photos from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer photos from old laptop to new laptop: I have over 7000 photos in file explorer on my old Toshiba laptop - What is the simplest way to copy these files to my new laptop - Both operate Windows 10 - Any advice gratefully received. ***Modified title from: COPY PHOTOS FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER***...
  8. Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one.

Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one.: I purchased a new Dell xps 13 with windows 10 to replace an older one. I backed up my old one before purchasing the new one but cannot find out how to restore the backup on to my new laptop?...
  9. Using An Old Laptop For Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using An Old Laptop For Backup: Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to re-purpose an old laptop as an external backup medium. Here is the current situation: 1. We have 4 Windows 10 laptops at home 2. I have an old (about 8 years) Windows 7 laptop What are the options to use the old laptop...
  10. Restoring Old Back to a new Laptop!

Restoring Old Back to a new Laptop!: Hey! My laptop was recently stolen and I've since purchased a new one. My laptop automatically backed up a few days before hand, and I am wondering If there is any way to locate that back up and restore on my new pc. I have no idea where it backed up to, one drive maybe? I...