Windows 10: Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop

Discus and support Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I was having keyboard problems with my Lenovo Flex 5. It was still under warranty so I sent the laptop back to Lenovo at their request. Before I sent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Lawls, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Lawls Win User

Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop

I was having keyboard problems with my Lenovo Flex 5. It was still under warranty so I sent the laptop back to Lenovo at their request. Before I sent it to them I ran a backup to an external hard drive. The files are located in a file labeled "File History". They sent me a new laptop almost identical to my old one and now I want to restore the files from File History to my new laptop. Unfortunately, when I run the restore function it only recognizes a backup I made right after I set my new laptop up. Is there a trick to restoring files from the file history of one computer to a new computer?

:)

Lawls, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

What to do with old laptop

If you actually read the thread it is a spare old laptop.

Nordic, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Anthony12 Win User
    What to do with old laptop

Yeah this is good suggestions here with your old laptop but i just want to say you that you should replace your old laptop with any new laptop by exchanging the old one and i think this is the best opinion for you ....

Give us a call

Anthony12, Aug 22, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop - Similar Threads - Unable Restore Laptop

2. Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one.: I purchased a new Dell xps 13 with windows 10 to replace an older one. I backed up my old one before purchasing the new one but cannot find out how to restore the backup on to my new laptop?...
  3. migrate windows license from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    migrate windows license from old laptop to new laptop: My wife and I have 2 laptops 1st one: Dell Studio, bought in 2009, originally had windows vista license then I purchased windows 8 license in 2013 then got a free upgrade to widows 10. 2nd one: Fujitsu lifebook bought in 2011, originally had Windows 7 then we got a free...
  4. Using An Old Laptop For Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using An Old Laptop For Backup: Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to re-purpose an old laptop as an external backup medium. Here is the current situation: 1. We have 4 Windows 10 laptops at home 2. I have an old (about 8 years) Windows 7 laptop What are the options to use the old laptop...
  5. Windows 8.1 license transfer from old laptop to new laptop with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 8.1 license transfer from old laptop to new laptop with Windows 10: I wanted to know if there is a way to transfer my windows 8.1 license from my old laptop to my new laptop with Windows 10 which is currently not activated. My Microsoft account is connected on both laptops but the license doesn't transfer and gives a 0xC004F213 error -...
  6. New Laptop not recognizing old monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Laptop not recognizing old monitor: 've been looking for a cheap way to set up a monitor so that I can view better. I purchased a HDMI to VGA converter, but for some reason the monitor is not "detectable."...
  7. Backup old computer and restore onto new computer

Backup old computer and restore onto new computer: A friend of mine smashed his all-in-on PC with Windows 10 Home and asked me to make a backup of his data and later restore the data onto his new PC. I have basically two questions about this: 1.) How do I do the backup best? Can this be done with Windows' own backup feature,...
  8. Restoring Old Back to a new Laptop!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Old Back to a new Laptop!: Hey! My laptop was recently stolen and I've since purchased a new one. My laptop automatically backed up a few days before hand, and I am wondering If there is any way to locate that back up and restore on my new pc. I have no idea where it backed up to, one drive maybe? I...
  9. Clone old laptop to new Laptop?

Clone old laptop to new Laptop?: Question: Could I with Data Migration clone my old laptop (win 10 installed & updated), and install it in a new laptop I am thinking of buying? As always your thoughts most appreciated. 54283
  10. New Laptop, New W10 - Old Laptop ebay, windows.old files?

in Windows 10 Support
    New Laptop, New W10 - Old Laptop ebay, windows.old files?: I wasnt too sure how the title would go so just laid it out. I bought a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home, old Laptop I was using with the Insider Program on Windows 10 Pro, it was a 7 to 10 upgrade. I was able to upgrade the Home version to Pro buy purchasing it....