Windows 10: Unable to right click in windows 10

Discus and support Unable to right click in windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have found that windows 10 freezes up when attempting to right click on a file. Example of this is when I right click on a photo folder to rename... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TLBNitz, Nov 30, 2015.

1. TLBNitz Win User

Unable to right click in windows 10

I have found that windows 10 freezes up when attempting to right click on a file. Example of this is when I right click on a photo folder to rename them. I get the circle and it then goes to not responding. then I have to force quit/*cry*Mad Anyone have this issue or a solution. I did not have it in August when I first upgraded.

Thanks

:)

TLBNitz, Nov 30, 2015

2. Slow response to Right mouse click, in Windows 10

Hi,

An outdated driver is one of the possible reasons why a device is not working as expected. For us to isolate the issue, kindly provide the answers to the following questions:

• What's the make and model of your mouse?
    • Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse?

As an initial troubleshooting to resolve the issue, you can perform these recommended steps:

• Run the troubleshooter for devices and hardware. The troubleshooter will perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and resolve issues
      related to using your device.
    • Update your mouse driver. To update a driver, refer to this link. If Windows doesn't find
      a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.
    • Follow the steps provided in this article: Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Get back to us with the result for further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Nov 30, 2015
  3. mint1960 Win User
    Slow response to Right mouse click, in Windows 10

It currently takes in excess of a minute for my laptop to respond to a right mouse click. Any suggestions as to how this can be fixed.

mint1960, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Unable to right click in windows 10

Make sure Windows is updated

Make sure drivers are updated (You should update your system specs on this forum to help me help you here)

Make sure your antivirus isn't the cause
    Uninstall it, check issue. If it isn't the problem, reinstall, and update, and use it to scan. If you use Defender instead, just skip to using it to scan.

Run the SFC scan by following the tutorial: SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Make sure you actually follow the tutorial

Report back.

DustSailor, Nov 30, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unable to right click in windows 10

1. Unable to right click in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable right click

2. Right click is not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click is not working on windows 10: I am experiencing an issue with the right-click menu. The menu only displays for .zip files and some documents, but not for normal folders or shortcuts. When I attempt to load the cursor, it becomes stuck and does not work for apps or software. The error video has been...
  3. Right click is not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click is not working on windows 10: I am experiencing an issue with the right-click menu. The menu only displays for .zip files and some documents, but not for normal folders or shortcuts. When I attempt to load the cursor, it becomes stuck and does not work for apps or software. The error video has been...
  4. Windows 10. Unable to Refresh F5/Right click<Refresh

Windows 10. Unable to Refresh F5/Right click<Refresh: Hey, I just resetted my Laptop. I kept the personal files and just removed all the apps. The laptop is really smooth now except for refreshing. Everytime I try to refresh... The Blue circle of busyness comes on and stays for a longgggg time. I can click Start, I can...
  5. Unable to click right side of my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to click right side of my screen: After start-up it is possible for me to click on the right side of the screen like closing a chrome browser. After 5 minutes, it becomes unclickable no matter what I do. Is there any way for me to figure out which application is causing this? It basically started happening...
  6. Unable to right click task bar items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to right click task bar items in Windows 10: I'm able to left click the start icon, my task bar shortcuts, and the tray icons, but I can't right click any of them. Nothing happens. However, I can't left click the clock to show the calendar, or the notification center. Night light doesn't work at all anymore either, even...
  7. right click menu in windows 10

right click menu in windows 10: 2 Days ago, wile using Firefox, I remarked that my PC started to act strange: wile trying to open a new tab, instead, a new window was opening. In Explorer, I cannot use the Right Click.As soon as I press the right button on the mouse, the menu opens and right away it closes....
  8. Unable to right click on pictures or files

Unable to right click on pictures or files: With the latest update for Windows 10 I can no longer right click on pictures or folders. When i do I receive the spinning circle that does not stop. when I click on the desktop I receive a white screen...
  9. Windows 10 Share on right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Share on right click: I recently right clicked on a sensitive file and instead of clicking on Open with, accidentally clicked on the Share button. The following window popped up: [img] I immediately pressed the Esc key and the window disappeared. Does this window automatically share the...
  10. Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works: I ran the System File Checker as suggested; it detected no problems. I have two PCs with Windows 10. On the one that I upgraded to Windows 10 most recently, I have no problem. On the one that I upgraded about 9 months before that (it is a Samsung laptop), I can only access...