Windows 10: Unable to run 3 monitors after windows 10 install

Discus and support Unable to run 3 monitors after windows 10 install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been running Windows 8.1 on my laptop for about 9 months with two extra monitors plugged in. One via HDMI and one via display port. Never once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeKelly6, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Unable to run 3 monitors after windows 10 install

I have been running Windows 8.1 on my laptop for about 9 months with two extra monitors plugged in. One via HDMI and one via display port. Never once had any issues before. Everything just worked when first plugged in. I installed Windows 10 Pro yesterday and now only two monitors at a time will work. My intel display drivers are up to date and I have the latest nVidia drivers for the GTX 980m. Everything was a clean install and I have no conflicts or errors in device manager. All the monitors work, just only two at a time depending on the order i plug them in. Right now it is running the two external monitors but if I unplug one of the video cables the laptop monitor turns back on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Mike

:)

MikeKelly6, Jul 12, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Does Windows 10 Support 3 monitors?

Hi Chuck,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you want to know Does Windows 10 support 3 monitors because you are able to see the display on 2 monitors but the third one is grayed out.

I certainly understand your concern.

There could be a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to outdated display drivers or corrupted drivers on the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

First, let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer
    was installed correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1: Update the Display driver.
    Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Also refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

For reference:

Refer the Wiki article by “Andre Da Costa” posted on July 10, 2015 for more information on add and use a second monitor with Windows 10:

How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC

How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Unable to run 3 monitors after windows 10 install

Delta6326, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Unable to run 3 monitors after windows 10 install

1. Unable to run 3 monitors after windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Unable run monitors

2. Running Civ 3 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running Civ 3 on Windows 10: So my dad gave me a whole bunch of his old computer strategy games, including a Civilization 3 disk. I've spent roughly 8 to 10 hours just trying to figure out what the issue is with the download. It doesn't appear any of my drives need updating, but it keeps stopping at 81%...
  3. Unable to extend to 3 monitor on Windows 10,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extend to 3 monitor on Windows 10,: So, I have just upgraded my hardware from an Intel i3-4160, to an i5-11400, which includes a motherboard and RAM change.My graphics card has stayed the same, a GTX 1650 Super.Upon the first post, the monitor was working fine, however, once the system hit the Windows Login...
  4. Unable to extend to 3 monitor on Windows 10,

Unable to extend to 3 monitor on Windows 10,: So, I have just upgraded my hardware from an Intel i3-4160, to an i5-11400, which includes a motherboard and RAM change.My graphics card has stayed the same, a GTX 1650 Super.Upon the first post, the monitor was working fine, however, once the system hit the Windows Login...
  5. Windows 10 3 monitors issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 3 monitors issue: Hello, so ive recently got 3 monitors for my setup and I was wondering why my main monitor shuts off when I plug my 3rd monitor into my computer my 3rd monitor is using a DVI cable and my other 2 are using hdmi and display port but only my main monitor shuts off when I plug...
  6. Windows 10 - no support for 3 monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - no support for 3 monitors: This is the same question as on the following thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-with-3-monitors/7766e5db-d289-4a2c-af46-952577c45dd5 Has there been any resolution? My situation is the same as they described -...
  7. Windows 10 with 3 Monitors

Windows 10 with 3 Monitors: Windows 10 AMD Radeon 7700 series, Driver Radeon Software Version 20.3.1 First, I'll state that all 3 monitors used to work perfectly up until a restart a few weeks ago. I have three monitors plugged directly into the card. All three used to work perfectly up until I...
  8. 3 monitors with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    3 monitors with windows 10: I have 3 monitors. Right now I have 2 of them and they are extended, I am having difficulty extending the 3rd one. I am unsure of how to get this done. I do not want 2 computers duplicating, that will defeat my purpose. I use the monitor one as the main screen. I slide parts...
  9. Windows 10 with 3 Monitors

Windows 10 with 3 Monitors: Windows 10 with 3 Monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-with-3-monitors/51951b65-db7e-4221-b06a-213d746d004f
  10. Installed 3 apps that will not run.

Installed 3 apps that will not run.: upgraded to Win10 3 days ago. Installed Hulu plus and Netflix but the apps show up blank and when I click on them they open the Store App. Reinstalled several times with same results. Found nothing that helped in the forums. Anyone have suggestions. Also install Amazon with a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to run 3 monitors.. windows 10 crashes

2. unable to run three monitors on windows 10