Windows 10: Unable to run a program(McAfee)

Discus and support Unable to run a program(McAfee) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, I've installed McAfee in my computer but it was unable to run and therefore I contacted their technician to fix this. After troubleshoting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KittyLi1, Aug 4, 2018.

1. KittyLi1 Win User

Unable to run a program(McAfee)

Recently, I've installed McAfee in my computer but it was unable to run and therefore I contacted their technician to fix this. After troubleshoting my computer and couple times of reinstalling McAfee, the issue still exists. The technician said it was due to the OS issue and that I should contact either manufacturer or Microsoft support to fix the problem. So, should I call the HP (my desktop manufacturer) or Microsoft technician to fix it?

:)

KittyLi1, Aug 4, 2018

2. Unable to run programs in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand you are unable to run some programs on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what exactly happens when you try to run the programs. Did you get any error message? Which was the previous Operating System installed on the computer?

I suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode and check if it helps, please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program

2) Click on Properties

3) Click on Compatibility tab

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly (Windows 8 or 7) from the drop down list.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Unable to uninstall McAfee

Have you tried the Mcafee uninstall/clean up tool?

Download and run the MCPR tool:
    • Download the MCPR tool from http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp and save it to a temporary folder on your computer.

NOTE: Because the MCPR tool is updated periodically, always download a new copy before each use to ensure that it can recognize and fully remove newer McAfee products.

• Browse to the folder where you saved the file and double-click MCPR.exe.
    • If you see a User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
    • At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next.
    • At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next to accept the agreement.
    • When prompted, type the Captcha information exactly as seen (it is case-sensitive) and then click Next. (This step minimizes accidental executions of MCPR.)
    • If you have Family Protection installed, follow steps a and b below. Otherwise, continue to step 8.
      • Type your Family Protection Administrator name and Password, then click Next.
      • If authentication fails, follow the on-screen instructions to obtain an uninstall code.
    • When you see the CleanUp Successful message, restart your computer to completely remove your McAfee product.

Time Lady, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Unable to run a program(McAfee)

McAfee security

Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Unable to run a program(McAfee)

1. Unable to run a program(McAfee) - Similar Threads - Unable run program

2. Unable to unload McAfee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to unload McAfee: Unfortunately despite advice given by 2 contributors here I'm still unable to completely unload McAfee from my computer. I'm probably to blame as I only gave part of the problem. Full description is as follows:1. McAfee was installed on my machine as part of a bundled package...
  3. mcafee ordered on feb. 2, 2022 unable to add to program or download

mcafee ordered on feb. 2, 2022 unable to add to program or download: unable to install mcafee lifesave to program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mcafee-ordered-on-feb-2-2022-unable-to-add-to/82190b59-805f-42cc-8a84-a990b400aeb1
  4. Malware blocked and unable to run a program

Malware blocked and unable to run a program: HI all, hopefully someone can offer advice on this.Ever since my security software, Bullguard, notified me that it had blocked an infected object named "64barsvc.exe, my system will not allow me to run a poker software program. Can anyone offer advice on how to fix...
  5. McAfee unable to unistall

McAfee unable to unistall: Hello, Something that is really frustrating me is that I cannot delete McAfee from my computer. When I try to uninstall it says to refresh the web page, wich doesnt make sence. Then, I decided to open the McAfee folder and delete the files by myself, it said I needed...
  6. McAfee won't run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    McAfee won't run: It appears after prerelease 200828-1431, my McAfee Live Safe won't launch. The only thing that it will do is verify my subscription. Everything else just flashes the McAfee start up panel for a second, then disappears. Anyone else experience this or know the problem...
  7. unable to run programs in Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to run programs in Win 10: I need to use an older ver. of AbacusLaw in Win10. I use AbacusLaw in my law practice. They went to this expensive SAS where what I prev. pd ~ 600.00 for 2-3 years, is now $450.00 a MONTH! I want out. However, this is going to take some time. In the meanwhile, I need...
  8. Unable to run Programs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run Programs as Administrator: I have recently noticed that, although I am shown as Administrator in my Profile and "netplwiz" confirms this, I am unable to run Programs as Administrator. They all open and run OK on double click. Anyone know what might be causing this? Cheers. Ken...
  9. unable to install McAfee Antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to install McAfee Antivirus: I bought HP HP Notebook - 14s-df0004tu, it comes 1yr free McAfee Antivirus Internet security. but when I install I got following error msg " Secure by design To keep you safer, only verified apps from the Microsoft Store can be installed on this PC " whether I able to...
  10. Unwanted McAfee services running

Unwanted McAfee services running: HP Envy laptop I never had mcafee products. I use Norton. But I found the following exe files in my task manager: "Processes" McAfee Core Firewall Service McAfee Management Service McAfee Management Service Host McAfee Process Validation Service "Services"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to run mcafee stinger administrator