Windows 10: Unable to run any applications, programs, etc.

Discus and support Unable to run any applications, programs, etc. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my computer decided to update something on the 16th, and ever since then, I haven't been able to open an applications or run any exe or anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimmyjamht, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Unable to run any applications, programs, etc.

So my computer decided to update something on the 16th, and ever since then, I haven't been able to open an applications or run any exe or anything like that. Even things like opening settings doesn't work.
    Everything I tried just comes back with an error. I have tried reinstalling from a usb media tool. When I run it from the boot options at startup, it tells me I have to run it once logged in, which I can't, because it's an exe
    I have tried resetting my computer only to get an error. I have tried doing a system recovery, from two different points, only to get an error with both. Rolling back to a previous build is greyed out, and I can't uninstall the update that happened on the 16th.
    Safe mode does still work, that's how I am writing this. I'm not that great when it comes to software stuff, so I'm hoping that there is something I am missing, but I really have no idea what to do at this point.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

jimmyjamht, Mar 16, 2017

2. Unable to run any applications or programs

You need to ask for Media from the OEM

Richardf8892, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Unable to run any applications or programs

So my computer decided to update something on the 16th, and ever since then, I haven't been able to open an applications or run any exe or anything like that. Even things like opening settings doesn't work.

Everything I tried just comes back with an error. I have tried reinstalling from a usb media tool. When I run it from the boot options at startup, it tells me I have to run it once logged in, which I can't, because it's an exe

I have tried resetting my computer only to get an error. I have tried doing a system recovery, from two different points, only to get an error with both. Rolling back to a previous build is greyed out, and I can't uninstall the update that happened on
    the 16th.

Safe mode does still work, that's how I am writing this. I'm not that great when it comes to software stuff, so I'm hoping that there is something I am missing, but I really have no idea what to do at this point.

Thanks in advance.

jimmy.james, Mar 16, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Unable to run any applications, programs, etc.

Hi jimmyjamht and welcome to Tenforums.
    So, I assume this was a Windows Update that happened on the 16th?
    Can you, while in Safe Mode, create a new user account with admin rights, and try logging into that account in normal mode? If that works, and you are able to run programs and all seems fine, run sfc /scannow at an admin command prompt.

If successful, you can copy your data from the old user account to the new user account, and then nuke the old, corrupted one.

simrick, Mar 17, 2017
  5. Yeah, I saw this on another thread and it thankfully worked for me.

Thanks!

jimmyjamht, Mar 17, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    Good to hear. Cheers! *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to run any applications, programs, etc.

1. Unable to run any applications, programs, etc. - Similar Threads - Unable run applications

2. application is running under admin rights. unable to buy any licenses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    application is running under admin rights. unable to buy any licenses: Wanna buy app RAW CONVERTOR inside the license/. error "application is running under admin rights. unable to buy any licenses" What is it problem?...
  3. application is running under admin rights. unable to buy any licenses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    application is running under admin rights. unable to buy any licenses: Wanna buy app RAW CONVERTOR inside the license/. error "application is running under admin rights. unable to buy any licenses" What is it problem?...
  4. unable to run any games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to run any games.: is anyone having issues running any games on windows 10 22h2 preview? crashing or hanging? sniper elite 5 refuses to run completely after 7 months release. now fortnite just crashes after a few seconds in the lobby. all call of duty games just crashes and auto closes with an...
  5. unable to run any games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to run any games.: is anyone having issues running any games on windows 10 22h2 preview? crashing or hanging? sniper elite 5 refuses to run completely after 7 months release. now fortnite just crashes after a few seconds in the lobby. all call of duty games just crashes and auto closes with an...
  6. Unable to run Programs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run Programs as Administrator: I have recently noticed that, although I am shown as Administrator in my Profile and "netplwiz" confirms this, I am unable to run Programs as Administrator. They all open and run OK on double click. Anyone know what might be causing this? Cheers. Ken...
  7. Unable to run an application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to run an application: Since my latest update from Microsoft Windows 10 ver 1909, an application I have been running for 10 years suddenly says it's not approved software and Microsoft won't let me run it. I even tried running as Administrator and got the same message....
  8. Unable to download any programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to download any programs: Hello, Every time I attempt to download something, whether it is the Adobe update or a game, my computer screen flashes black and eventually freezes, forcing me to manually shut down my PC. I have tried shutting off the firewall, have used multiple security and computer...
  9. Unable to run application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run application: Trying to load ASUS GPU software but application comes up saying "This App has been blocked for your protection" "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator". My account is as an administrator. Is there something...
  10. Unable to run a program(McAfee)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run a program(McAfee): Recently, I've installed McAfee in my computer but it was unable to run and therefore I contacted their technician to fix this. After troubleshoting my computer and couple times of reinstalling McAfee, the issue still exists. The technician said it was due to the OS issue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. applications unable execute