Windows 10: Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application

Discus and support Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have windows 10. Recently, i ran Driver Booster to update some device drivers. After this, I realized that my AVG antivirus needed update, so I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PL90504, Aug 20, 2018.

1. PL90504 Win User

Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application

I have windows 10. Recently, i ran Driver Booster to update some device drivers. After this, I realized that my AVG antivirus needed update, so I did this also.

After this, i noticed that I cannot run certain programs, like my task manager, IOBit Smart Defragmentation. The error message is "Windows cannot find 'c:\users\Phillip\Desktop\xxx.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." I looked for the application, double click and still get this same error message.

I tried to roll back my network device driver. This time, I get "ShellExecuteEx failed; code 2. The system cannot find the file specified" Well, i right click the application and ran it under administration mode. Once again, I get the first error message, "Windows cannot find 'c:\users\Phillip\Desktop\xxx.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Besides not able to run certain programs, my computer gets locked up, occasionally now, I need to power off with the on/off button

I tried to do the system restore, but this program didn't work also.

:)

PL90504, Aug 20, 2018
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Application to test CPU

I`m looking for an application to test if my CPU is working properly. Any suggestions, guys? *Smile Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application :)

WojtasRed, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Unable to download certain applications

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

This issue may also happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application

Application popup: maya.exe - Application Error : The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the application as administrator as below and check if it helps.

There are certain applications, especially some software that are required to be run as an administrator for security purposes. This can also cause error 0xc00007b to occur. If this is the case, follow the steps given below to fix error 0xc00007b.

1. Go to the respective application.

2. Right Click on its icon.

3. Select Properties.

4. Click on Compatibility tab.

5. Check mark the “Run this program as an administrator” option.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application

1. Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application - Similar Threads - Unable Run Certain

2. Discoloration on certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  3. Discoloration on certain applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  4. Certain applications not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain applications not launching: I have had problems with various applications on my computer randomly stop working. It started a few months ago when a program called Overwolf randomly stopped launching, not even giving an error code. Later more apps started failing, including Logitech G hub, and bluestacks....
  5. Unable to launch certain applications following update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to launch certain applications following update.: Hi, Recently bought a new PC July 2020 and been having some issues related to Windows recently. When I try to start applications, specifically Spotify and Discord, I receive an error that states there was a "bad image" with error code 0xc0000025. This is related to...
  6. Windows cannot find application files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find application files: When I try to open any Office application or Nemo, Windows tells me it cannot find the relative application file. When I look for the file in question, it is invariably there in its proper location. This problem started all of a sudden, and I never had it before....
  7. Unable to run an application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to run an application: Since my latest update from Microsoft Windows 10 ver 1909, an application I have been running for 10 years suddenly says it's not approved software and Microsoft won't let me run it. I even tried running as Administrator and got the same message....
  8. Undervolting cpu when running certain applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Undervolting cpu when running certain applications: Hi I would like to know is there any way to undervolt cpu when i run certain application For example When i am opening gta 5 the cpu should be undervolted and after exiting the cpu should be back to normal I am using intel xtu...
  9. Unable to run application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run application: Trying to load ASUS GPU software but application comes up saying "This App has been blocked for your protection" "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator". My account is as an administrator. Is there something...
  10. Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit]: Without administrative privileges, I am unable to run certain programs like Steam, Spotify and even my own antivirus Avast (of course those aren't the only programs). I'm currently running an x64bit version of Windows 10 and it's never been like this until yesterday. There...