Windows 10: Unable to run Troubleshooters !!

Discus and support Unable to run Troubleshooters !! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When trying to run any troubleshooters the following error is generated: Help ? *Smile Error 0x80096005 Wally [img] 20899 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Wallagoot, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Wallagoot Win User

Unable to run Troubleshooters !!

When trying to run any troubleshooters the following error is generated: Help ? *Smile
    Error 0x80096005
    Wally

Unable to run Troubleshooters !! [​IMG]

:)

Wallagoot, Sep 2, 2015

2. Cannot run any Windows 10 troubleshooters via system settings in Update and Recovery.

I am not able to run any of the troubleshooters in system settings. I get a message box that says windows cannot accessed specified path and I may not have permission to do so. I have never had this problem before but I am thinking the reason is because
    I end task Explorer.exe in task manager and the reason I did this was to fix all my icons on desktop not showing up pictures or correctly.

I did this fix which involved a couple short command prompt codes and it worked great and it was suggested by a MS tech. I dont like doing this stuff and I have a VIP support package with Microsoft and I guess I will have to contact them. I am quite certain
    I am administrator. I never had a problem doing troubleshooters before. I looked at permissions for the file in C:\windows\system32\msdt.exe but I dont see the file at all. I see msdtc.exe but its not the same and while idle hovering it says its empty.
    I cant get into these files because I dont have permission and never could actually. I know how to add permission but it is always greyed out and never lets me add myself which by the way I see two of my names one is admin and one is user.

I dont see or notice any other problems except maybe some missing tray icons in the taskbar tray. I ran sfc scannow and found no errors. Anyone have any ideas? It seems I have always had a administrator or permission problem but never really noticeable
    until now while trying to do a windows store apps troubleshooter to clear cache for live tiles.

Moved fromUnable to run Troubleshooters !! :(Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup)

BradBergeron, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Cannot run any Windows 10 troubleshooters via system settings in Update and Recovery.

Tried this and still can't use the start menu, action center nothing. Removed the last update, restored, so frustrated at this point

DeniseSeymour, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Borg 386 Win User

That error, according to research, shows there could be a virus or corruption of the OS files. Try running a SFC to see if there are any problems & if the SFC can repair them. It's recommended you run it 3 times.

Scroll down to option 3 & run it by following the directions.

SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Borg 386, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Wallagoot Win User
    Borg 386 - I solved the issue by downloading the latest Win 10 release and doing a reinstall. Many thanks for your help. Wally

Wallagoot, Sep 3, 2015
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    Sometimes that's what it takes. Glad all is well again *Smile

Borg 386, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to run Troubleshooters !! - Similar Threads - Unable run Troubleshooters

2. Can't run troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run troubleshooter: Hey dudes where has the Run Troubleshooter box gone? Im trying to figure out why my SD card reader isnt' picking up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-troubleshooter/e3eafed1-8309-452f-bce8-9ac1831b0a42
  3. Can't run troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run troubleshooter: Hey dudes where has the Run Troubleshooter box gone? Im trying to figure out why my SD card reader isnt' picking up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-troubleshooter/e3eafed1-8309-452f-bce8-9ac1831b0a42
  4. Can't run troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't run BSOD troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't run BSOD troubleshooter: Frequent BSODs, BSOD troubleshooter literally cannot be ran After experienceing a number of BSOD errors, often multiple per day with differing errors, I started troubleshooting. I have scannowed, I have chkdsk ed, I have RAM tested, drivers are up to date, windows is recent....
  6. Troubleshoot is not running on my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubleshoot is not running on my PC: When I start Troubleshooting on my PC, the pop-up says that “Fix-it troubleshooter cannot run due to an error”. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshoot-is-not-running-on-my-pc/e139b45e-27bd-47c2-a566-d41ec841b881
  7. Unable to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter: Trying to run the update troubleshooter but it keeps telling me : 'A problem is preventing the troubleshooter for starting.' Any ideas?? James...
  8. How to run the Activation Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to run the Activation Troubleshooter: It's time to break out the troubleshooter if something's gone wrong and you're unable to activate Windows 10. For more info click here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20527/windows-10-activation-troubleshooter [ATTACH]...
  9. Unable to run windows update or troubleshooter or sfc scannow OR Windows recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to run windows update or troubleshooter or sfc scannow OR Windows recovery: I have been having this problem ever since I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I think the reasoning is because I stopped the windows update for a day to transfer files and render the project that I am working on. The PC works normally, I can move files normally...
  10. Running the troubleshooting tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Running the troubleshooting tool: Hi I have a new HP Desktop computer that I got on. August 14 2015 pre-loaded with Windows 10 home 64 bit. I have not received any update from the Microsoft windows updates. so I run the troubleshooting tool for Windows updates. I keeps finding and fixing this over and over....