Windows 10: "Unable to Save Permission Changes, Parameter is Invalid"

Discus and support "Unable to Save Permission Changes, Parameter is Invalid" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to prevent a pesky program from running by revoking it's permissions, but I can't because whenever I disable inheritance on it (whether by... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gunnaholic, Jun 12, 2017.

1. "Unable to Save Permission Changes, Parameter is Invalid"

I'm trying to prevent a pesky program from running by revoking it's permissions, but I can't because whenever I disable inheritance on it (whether by converting inherited permissions to explicit permissions or just removing the permissions altogether) I get this error: "Unable to Save Permission Changes, Parameter is Invalid". What parameter is invalid, and what can I do about it?

:)

gunnaholic, Jun 12, 2017
  2. Zahidah Win User

Unallocated space hinder system image backup

The command doesn't work it gives "invalid parameter - -f".

Zahidah, Jun 12, 2017
  3. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Jun 12, 2017
Thema:

"Unable to Save Permission Changes, Parameter is Invalid"

1. "Unable to Save Permission Changes, Parameter is Invalid" - Similar Threads - Unable Save Permission

2. Unable to load EFI\boot invalid parameter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to load EFI\boot invalid parameter: While booting chrome os flex on my external drive it showed a option to download or try I clicked on download but after few minutes my PC shuts down automatically and when I try to start my computer it doesn't boot to default windows 10 insted of it boots to chrome os and...
  3. Unable to load EFI\boot invalid parameter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to load EFI\boot invalid parameter: While booting chrome os flex on my external drive it showed a option to download or try I clicked on download but after few minutes my PC shuts down automatically and when I try to start my computer it doesn't boot to default windows 10 insted of it boots to chrome os and...
  4. Unable to load EFI\boot invalid parameter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win10 Unable to save to ProgramFIles even after changing permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Unable to save to ProgramFIles even after changing permissions: Hi Microsoft Community, A few years ago, I bought a 1TB drive to expand the space on my desktop. After a while, to be more organized, I decided to name one of the folders on that drive "Program Files." I've never had this issue before up until now, but it seems as if Windows...
  6. invalid api parameters captcha

invalid api parameters captcha: I undated windows and the before working captcha now doesn't work. Doesn't matter if I reinstall chrome, java, follow the guide which resets the ip, install the ie tab! I run cccleaner, malwarebytes as instructed..., know where is by heart...
  7. Parameter is invalid

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parameter is invalid: Ok since every discussion on this has been closed or locked guess I have to start a new one. This started 3 days ago and it started with the calculator app I'm guessing because I noticed it there first. But now every app including micro store and others now come up with...
  8. invalid INF passed as parameter

invalid INF passed as parameter: hello i decided to update my laptop drivers but when i start the command thingy it says invalid INF passed as parameter and it restarts help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-inf-passed-as-parameter/ab19feaa-4fc0-4294-8fd8-0b7481b6d07e"
  9. Unable to change permissions.

Unable to change permissions.: I'd like to preface this by ensuring i have checked all of the relevant links on the forums regarding this. Recently, i have not been able to change the read only attribute on folders on my PC even though i am logged in as an admin. I have tried to grant my individual user...
  10. Robocopy invalid parameter 3

Robocopy invalid parameter 3: Not sure what I'm doing wrong here but this script keeps telling me that a parameter is invalid and I can't figure out why.. I moved the parameters to a variable because somebody suggested that might work but I also tried Robocopy "$StartLocation" "$EndLocation" /SEC /E...