Windows 10: Unable to save to 2010(offfice) excel after Win 10 upgrade

Discus and support Unable to save to 2010(offfice) excel after Win 10 upgrade in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I get the following message after I try to save a file using excel. You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jfleetwd, Aug 3, 2015.

1. jfleetwd Win User

Unable to save to 2010(offfice) excel after Win 10 upgrade

I get the following message after I try to save a file using excel. You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. It is trying to save in C://users/Jimmy/documents/copy of weather 2007.xls. No problems at all with office 2010 using windows 7 but windows 10 is a nightmare. I have also logged in as administrator with the same error. I need help. *Sick

:)

jfleetwd, Aug 3, 2015

2. Word 2010 and Excel 2010 after Windows upgrade

After Windows 10 upgrade all Word 2010 and Excel 2010 files open as read only. When I try to use "save as", I get the error message that I don't have permission to save in this location, and it won't save in the documents folder either. The only place
    I can save it is on the desktop.

JanetGriesenauer, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Nancee48 Win User
    I cannot save files made in excel 2010 to my documents

I cannot save files updated in excel 2010 since upgrading to win 10 no problems with saving in win 8.1.

error message says i don't have permission to save and offers alternative but still won't save! I can save to desktop and move to docs. I am the only user and am logged as administrator. hope someone can help with simple language as I am a novice at this
    lark. Thanks in advance

Nancee48, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Unable to save to 2010(offfice) excel after Win 10 upgrade

1. Unable to save to 2010(offfice) excel after Win 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Unable save 2010

2. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  3. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  4. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Upgrade from MS word 2010 in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrade from MS word 2010 in Win 10: I have a copy of MS word that I bought in 2010. I have the product Key verifying this. On the MS site I am told that with this key I can then get the Word app for Win10. I insert the key, it verifies it and tells me if I have a 2010 version to go to this new site, with a link...
  6. Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010: My PC had to be reset today. After I noticed my Microsoft Word 2010, Excel 2010 & Powerpoint 2010 were gone. I do have my original receipt but not the original packaging. How can I reinstall these apps....
  7. Excel Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel Starter 2010: After each automatic download from microsoft my Aspire Lap top locks up with a blank black screen after I log in with my pass code. I generally have to shut down and restart my computer in safe mode. Apparently the Task Manager does not start in the initial startup. The last...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade problem - Unable to open excel file created in office 2010 in windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade problem - Unable to open excel file created in office 2010 in windows 8.1: About a month ago I upgraded my OS from windows 8.1 to windows 10. I am unable to open excel file created in office 2010 with the previous OS i.e windows 8.1. When I click on the file a message is seen " file LNP.xlsx cannot open because the file format or extension is not...
  9. Outlook 2010 problem with Win 10 upgrade

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 problem with Win 10 upgrade: I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and I've hit a problem with Outlook in Office 2010. The installation of Office 2010 carried over from Win 7, and Outlook is working, but it keeps on trying to install "ProPlusWW.msi" which it says it cannot find and asks me to locate it. I...
  10. Office 2010 Starter Disappears With Win 10 Upgrade

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2010 Starter Disappears With Win 10 Upgrade: I've got a Dell laptop running Win 7 Home Premium. It also came with Office 2010 Starter edition, a brain damaged version of Word and Excel, but fine for what I am using the laptop for. I want to go to a Pro version so that I can turn this into a domain connected PC. My...