Windows 10: unable to save to folder on my laptop as no longer ''Ádministrator'

Discus and support unable to save to folder on my laptop as no longer ''Ádministrator' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Went to print doc last night and discovered that I could not do so. Was asked to save the doc to 'Documents' but couldn't print. How can I take back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimcor, Oct 5, 2016.

1. jimcor Win User

unable to save to folder on my laptop as no longer ''Ádministrator'

Went to print doc last night and discovered that I could not do so. Was asked to save the doc to 'Documents' but couldn't print. How can I take back control of my folders and docs so that I can print?
    Thanks

:)

jimcor, Oct 5, 2016
  2. Almagdom Win User

where to find folders

i stored some folders in my phone through laptop,after disconnecting to laptop i am unable to find saved folders in my phone?

Almagdom, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Geethu B Win User
    unable to create folder when saving "save as"

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with creating new folder while saving a file. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Corrupt System files.

2. Conflict between external devices third party applications.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform SFC (System File Checker) Scan and check if it helps. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and replace them.

a. Click on Start button and type cmd in the
    search box.

b. Right-click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
    Enter.

Note: Do not close the Command Prompt Window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, how were you printing the document?
    Did you
    - print it from within a program such as MS Word?
    - rt click it in file explorer and click Print?

See

unable to save to folder on my  laptop as no longer ''Ádministrator' [​IMG]

Do you have a printer set as default if you did the second of those?

dalchina, Oct 7, 2016
Thema:

1. unable to save to folder on my laptop as no longer ''Ádministrator' - Similar Threads - unable save folder

2. Unable to log in to laptop as password no longer accepted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in to laptop as password no longer accepted.: HP Laptop Serial No 5CG9418V45User: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Password: links2020Unable to log in to the above laptop as pin/password is no longer available. The above user and password worked up until February 2023 but no longer does. I cannot access...
  3. Unable to log in to laptop as password no longer accepted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log in to laptop as password no longer accepted.: HP Laptop Serial No 5CG9418V45User: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Password: links2020Unable to log in to the above laptop as pin/password is no longer available. The above user and password worked up until February 2023 but no longer does. I cannot access...
  4. Unable to log in to laptop as password no longer accepted.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. New Folder in Save As Dialog no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Folder in Save As Dialog no longer working: The New Folder option in the Save As dialog no longer responds in any of my applications. on Windows 11 Home The only way to create a new folder is to use File Explorer> New Folder....
  6. New Folder in Save As Dialog no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Folder in Save As Dialog no longer working: The New Folder option in the Save As dialog no longer responds in any of my applications. on Windows 11 Home The only way to create a new folder is to use File Explorer> New Folder....
  7. Games unable to save to the My Games folder, marked as Read Only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games unable to save to the My Games folder, marked as Read Only: I was playing Skyrim Special Edition, and everything was going fine. I had made a few saves and had no problems. Suddenly, I was unable to save the game, creating a manual save or a quick save would crash the game, any anything that created an autosave would also crash the...
  8. Suddenly unable to save files into Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suddenly unable to save files into Documents folder: Recently, some of the applications on my computer are unable to save files to folders in the Documents directory. It started with Notepad and Paint. Now I can't create and save in Paint 3D either. I was successfully using the Snipping Tool to copy and save images from those...
  9. Unable To See My Files/Folders when using 'Save As'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable To See My Files/Folders when using 'Save As': Not sure how this happened or why it started happening, I assumed these type of bugs were worked out a long time ago lol. I can save using the directory..But what's the point of a Graphical User Interface if I can't just navigate..graphically?[ATTACH]...
  10. Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the method outlined here. Basically I used an ISO which I made via a download from MS. Now I am unable to save any kind of file to my Document folder or sub-folder. I get access denied. Looks like MS lied again. This method was to save...