Windows 10: Unable to scan on not admin account on CANON i-sensys MF8540

Discus and support Unable to scan on not admin account on CANON i-sensys MF8540 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The problem with communication between device Canon i-sensys and application MFToolBox on Windows 10P. When the user start scanning on the device or on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by POLIPOLI2, Jul 6, 2018.

1. POLIPOLI2 Win User

Unable to scan on not admin account on CANON i-sensys MF8540

The problem with communication between device Canon i-sensys and application MFToolBox on Windows 10P. When the user start scanning on the device or on the app MFTollBox the device does not take any action when user is log on as not administrator account but when user is logged as admin all is ok. Application MFScanSelector show the device is visible and selected but in the MFToolBox show that the device is not installed on the PC.

Firmware on the device was updated and all drivers and apps are the newest also patch from Canon is installed.

The similiar problem is on: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/unable-to-scan-with-my-canon-mf4350d/c36cbd6a-7432-49da-a337-4ef76fff292f

:)

POLIPOLI2, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Win 10 - no admin account

Hi,

If you are unable to create a new user account, try to enable the in-built administrator account and check.

To do so, follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X. Click on command prompt (admin)

• Type the following command and hit enter

net user administrator /active:yes

• Log out and sign in to the default admin account and try to add a new admin user.

Let us know the results once you have tried these methods. Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Unable to scan on not admin account on CANON i-sensys MF8540

Canon MG4250 can print but not scan documents on Windows 10

Thanks, Pawan. I have installed the latest version (26.1.16), but I still cannot scan.

I have looked at the Canon website, and there is a long list under "Canon Printer Diagnostic Utility", many of them free. Which one would you suggest that I download?

Colin

ColinJannaway, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Unable to scan on not admin account on CANON i-sensys MF8540

1. Unable to scan on not admin account on CANON i-sensys MF8540 - Similar Threads - Unable scan admin

2. Unable to access admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access admin account: In 2016 we purchased a laptop for our daughter and she set up the admin account and the backup account. She doesn't remember the PW to the admin acct, the back up account was deleted by me for parental reasons and every single attempt I've tried to regain access to my OWN...
  3. Unable to scan on Canon mx432 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to scan on Canon mx432 printer: My Canon mx432 printer is offline. When I try to uncheck the "printer offline" box, it won't let me uncheck it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-scan-on-canon-mx432-printer/c89ff4ba-b8c3-404c-a816-90f5c4287a24
  4. CANON PRINTER i-SENSYS MF3010

CANON PRINTER i-SENSYS MF3010: I have problem trying to use the printer on my Microsoft Surface 4 pro. The system doesn't recognize the printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer-i-sensys-mf3010/df89dac2-2543-4396-b894-5e7984ee3f85
  5. Canon i-Sensys MF4120 printer driver doesn't work with my Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon i-Sensys MF4120 printer driver doesn't work with my Windows10: I have windows 10 64 bit and I want to use a MF4120 printer from Canon. I took the driver from Canon's site; its installation is only next, next, i.e., nothing to select and in the end the printer doesn't appear in the list of of the printers. I even tried to "troubleshoot...
  6. Unable to login to admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login to admin account: Hi Experts, I am not able to login to my admin account. I was trying some thing with net user command and accidently might have reseted the password. Now I am not able to login back. I have a guest account on the laptop with which I can log in, it has minimum privileges....
  7. Unable to login into admin account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login into admin account: Hi All, I am unable to login into admin account using the current credentials, but i am able to login into the server using user credentials that i created. Can any on help me in debugging the issue....
  8. scanning from Canon PIXMA3120

scanning from Canon PIXMA3120: Since I bought a new Dell computer with Windows 10, I am not able to scan photos using my Canon PIXMA3120 as I was able do with my previous computer. I get the message that the driver is not installed but it is. I am able to print but not scan. Any suggestions?...
  9. Unable to scan with Canon MX300 after Windows Upgrade.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to scan with Canon MX300 after Windows Upgrade.: I can print with the Canon MX300 but no longer scan since the conversion to Windows 10. I have attempted updating the driver. Windows reports the most up to date driver is already installed on my computer. I have gone through the troubleshooting process etc etc etc. Please...
  10. I am unable to scan from my canon MG4250

I am unable to scan from my canon MG4250: I am unable to scan from my canon MG4250 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-am-unable-to-scan-from-my-canon-mg4250/64c1be9e-ce33-4506-b2d7-1261b95e0aca