Windows 10: Unable to Search

Discus and support Unable to Search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; the title lol basically i can press the windows button, and in order to launch steam or something like that i have to manually press all apps, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snowiblind, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Unable to Search

the title lol
    basically i can press the windows button, and in order to launch steam or something like that i have to manually press all apps, then find the folder and launch the application. however, when i press the search button, nothing happens at all. it annoys me so i was wondering how i could simply search up "steam" and get the search to work again.

EDIT: i'm pretty sure it has something to do with cortana as she's isnt in task manager (i renamed one of the folders where cortana is) aka C:/Windows/SystemApps/Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy

:)

snowiblind, Apr 12, 2016

2. Unable to remove Yahoo Search as the search engine from IE 11

Dear All,

My version of IE 11 for whatever reason reverts to Yahoo Search as my default search engine.

I have tried changing to Google using Internet Options, Tools etc etc., but when I log back on to IE 11 the blooming thing is back to yahoo search.

I only have Google as my preferred option, so can anyone help me please.

Many thanks,Bill

WilliamMaxReid, Apr 12, 2016
  3. Unable to search files using Windows search bar

Eventually I took the plunge and downloaded Classic Shell 4.2.5 direct from Google and have got my Window 7 Start Menu and Search Box so I can find everything I need. It was very easy to install and did not need any setting up or configuration. I can
    use the Window 10 one if I like too so all is well now thank goodness.

jillMartyn, Apr 12, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Unable to Search

Rename the Cortana folder back to what it's supposed to be.

Edwin, Apr 12, 2016
  5. snowiblind, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unable to Search

1. Unable to Search - Similar Threads - Unable Search

2. cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it: after a recent update I am unable to open my settings search from the start menu, my battery icon shows a grey cross, and many more [problems pls someone help...
  3. cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it: after a recent update I am unable to open my settings search from the start menu, my battery icon shows a grey cross, and many more [problems pls someone help...
  4. Windows search bar unable to find settings, despite working for finding other items like...

in Cortana
    Windows search bar unable to find settings, despite working for finding other items like...: Description: I'm encountering an issue with the search functionality on my Windows 10 Home laptop. Specifically, I'm unable to use the search bar in the Start menu to find Windows settings, although it continues to work for other items such as files and applications.I can...
  5. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  6. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  7. How to fix unable to type in Windows Search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix unable to type in Windows Search?: After attempting to install the new Cumulating Update Preview for 2024 KB5034204, It failed and restarted my computer. But after coming back, I ran into multiple errors such as not being able to type in the windows search bar or right clicking an app on my taskbar. I don't...
  8. How to fix unable to type in Windows Search?

How to fix unable to type in Windows Search?: After attempting to install the new Cumulating Update Preview for 2024 KB5034204, It failed and restarted my computer. But after coming back, I ran into multiple errors such as not being able to type in the windows search bar or right clicking an app on my taskbar. I don't...
  9. Unable to use the folder or desktop Search bar for an item

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use the folder or desktop Search bar for an item: The Window Start Search bar is not the issue. It is the search bar that is on the window for documents and desktop folders, or external hard drive folders. The search bar is useless oftentimes not even allowing you to type within it. There are no error messages or any other...
  10. Unable to use the folder or desktop Search bar for an item

Unable to use the folder or desktop Search bar for an item: The Window Start Search bar is not the issue. It is the search bar that is on the window for documents and desktop folders, or external hard drive folders. The search bar is useless oftentimes not even allowing you to type within it. There are no error messages or any other...