Windows 10: Unable to see all network computers

Discus and support Unable to see all network computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 computers on LAN - Ethernet. All computers in same workgroup network discovery is ON Password Sharing is off Computer LEE-VISTA is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NetLee, Sep 5, 2017.

1. NetLee Win User

Unable to see all network computers

I have 3 computers on LAN - Ethernet.
    All computers in same workgroup
    network discovery is ON
    Password Sharing is off

Computer LEE-VISTA is Vista, LEE-PC is Win7 and LEE-HP is Win10
    LEE-HP is new out of box Win10 Home computer.

When looking at network computers on Lee-VISTA I See Lee-PC and Lee-Vista - no LEE-HP
    when looking at network on Lee-PC I see Lee-Vista and Lee-PC - no LEE-HP
    When looking at network on LEE-HP I see Lee-Vista and Lee-PC but no LEE-HP

C drive on LEE-HP is shared as c
    IP address for LEE-HP is 192.168.0.25

From either Lee-Vista or Lee-PC I can access \\192.168.0.25\c and see all files.

Why is network name LEE-HP not visible?

Need some guidance on this please.

Lee

:)

NetLee, Sep 5, 2017

2. Unable to see network computers after upgrade from Win7 to Win10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to refer the steps below:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the
    corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Restart and check if this helps you.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 5, 2017
  3. Unable to see network computers after upgrade from Win7 to Win10

After upgrading to Windows 10 I am no longer able to see my other Windows 7 computers in the network. when I access the network map no other computers are seen. Further when I try to join the HomeGroup cannot. All computers are in the same Workgroup.
    Please help.

Tusconladdie, Sep 5, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. First you should never share all drive c if you get ransomware or virus it can run amuck share a folder. Can you ping lee-hp from other pcs? Are all connected via ethenet? is Netbios on the pc and running? Can this see it and which pc is master browser NetBScanner - NetBIOS scanner

Samuria, Sep 5, 2017
  5. NetLee Win User
    Am unable to ping the Win10 computer 192.168.0.25 from either of the other two other computers.
    Am however able to do DIR \\192.168.0.25\c and see contents of hard drive

Ran NetBScanner anon all three machines and it only sees the Vista and Win7 computers - does not show 192.168.0.25 (win10 machine)

What Next?

Lee

NetLee, Sep 5, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    You didntanswer are they all on cable or wireless. Which was master browser

can you from a cmd prompt
    net use s: \\192.168.0.25\c

are they all connected directly to router no switchs or anything?

Samuria, Sep 5, 2017
  7. NetLee Win User
    Samuria:
    Thanks for the response.
    Net Use works correctly. Computers are wired ethernet on 4 port router - no network switch
    Don't know what you mean by Master Browser.

Lee

NetLee, Sep 5, 2017
  8. NetLee Win User

Found that the Master Browser is the Win7 machine Lee-PC

NetLee, Sep 5, 2017
  9. NetLee Win User
    Found that Win 10 has Reset Network Function
    Did that and problem went away.

Lee

NetLee, Sep 6, 2017
  10. Stigg Win User
    Where is that function?
    I know the command prompt.

Stigg, Sep 7, 2017
  11. NetLee Win User
    Windows Key + I
    Select Network & Internet
    Select Status
    Go to bottom of list to select Network Reset

Regards,
    Lee

NetLee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to see all network computers - Similar Threads - Unable network computers

2. Cannot see all computers on network - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see all computers on network - Windows 10: On my local network, over and over only 4 computers show up in the Network tab, despite the fact that there are twice as many, including one Linux computer with Samba share. Other PCs are able to see them too, only my PC cannot see them.I have tried all the suggestions here:...
  3. Cannot see all computers on network - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see all computers on network - Windows 10: On my local network, over and over only 4 computers show up in the Network tab, despite the fact that there are twice as many, including one Linux computer with Samba share. Other PCs are able to see them too, only my PC cannot see them.I have tried all the suggestions here:...
  4. Cannot see all computers on network - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot see all computer on network - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see all computer on network - Windows 10: On my local network, over and over only 4 computers show up in the Network tab, despite the fact that there are twice as many, including one Linux computer with Samba share. Other PCs are able to see them too, only my PC cannot see them.I have tried all the suggestions here:...
  6. Cannot see all computer on network - Windows 10

Cannot see all computer on network - Windows 10: On my local network, over and over only 4 computers show up in the Network tab, despite the fact that there are twice as many, including one Linux computer with Samba share. Other PCs are able to see them too, only my PC cannot see them.I have tried all the suggestions here:...
  7. Cannot see all computer on network - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Cannot see all the computers and devices on my network

Cannot see all the computers and devices on my network: Hi folks. I have been pulling what little hair I have remaining out trying to get the computers on my home, private, network to see the five or some computers and NAS devices on each other. I've been through the typical setting of services recommended by various people...
  9. Unable To See This PC As Well As Other Computers On The Network.

Unable To See This PC As Well As Other Computers On The Network.: Hello all I am getting very frustrated. I had to rebuild a laptop and a desktop. I have win 10 pro ver 1809 on each. Services DNS client is running and automatic function discovery provider is running and automatic function discovery resource is running and automatic...
  10. Laptop unable to see/access other computers on network

Laptop unable to see/access other computers on network: I recently upgraded my upstairs desktop (formerly Windows 7) and my laptop (formerly Windows 8.1) to Windows 10. Since then I have spent hours and hours trying to get them visible to each other on my home private network (no homeGroup). I have a total of 3 computers on my...