Windows 10: Unable to see Images in explorer when selecting files through apps

Discus and support Unable to see Images in explorer when selecting files through apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I go to upload an image to a website, to load an image into gimp, or really anything that has to do with me opening a file in explorer through a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrFancypants, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Unable to see Images in explorer when selecting files through apps

When I go to upload an image to a website, to load an image into gimp, or really anything that has to do with me opening a file in explorer through a non Microsoft application.. I only see the file names and not the images!

In the normal file explorer I can see Images fine, but when using explorer from a website or application when trying to upload / download, I cannot see images.

Here I have listed 3 Images.
    Me trying to download a file in firefox:
    Unable to see Images in explorer when selecting files through apps [​IMG]

Me trying to upload a new profile picture to steam:

...and the files showing up properly in file explorer...

Quite obviously, this is extremely annoying *Banghead ..
    and if anybody has a solution to this problem I would be extremely grateful. *Smile

:)

MrFancypants, Dec 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 File Explorer opens, freezes and switchws back to the desktop after about 5 seconds

A few days ago I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. Everything seems to work, including several very old programs, except for File Explorer. When I select File Explorer, it opens, but I am unable to select (click) on anything. After about
    5 seconds it exits that screen and returns to the desktop. I suspect that File Explorer is corrupt. What should I do taking into consideration that the upgrade was performed through the Win 10 app at the bottom of the Win 7 screen?

Hermann Billenkamp, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Mapping A WDMYCLOUD in Windows 10

I am unable to may me WDMyCloud as a network drive discoverable in explorer. The WDMyCloud is accessible through installed software, can be seen in files explorer, my is not selectable when trying to assign the WDMyCloud to a drive letter.

Any solutions out there?

Alan Cook (Alan), Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

Unable to see Images in explorer when selecting files through apps

1. Unable to see Images in explorer when selecting files through apps - Similar Threads - Unable Images explorer

2. Windows Explore crashes when an image file is selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explore crashes when an image file is selected: When I click on an image file,in Explorer, .jpg,etc. An hour glass appears, then Explorer crashes, and returns me to the desktop. I've tried sfc and restore image online. It did not make any difference. What should I do now?...
  3. Windows Explore crashes when an image file is selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explore crashes when an image file is selected: When I click on an image file,in Explorer, .jpg,etc. An hour glass appears, then Explorer crashes, and returns me to the desktop. I've tried sfc and restore image online. It did not make any difference. What should I do now?...
  4. Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder: After updating to Windows 11, I'm having a lot of problems with the Photos App. If I upload a new folder full of images, it will only open the one that I click. On some of the other folders in pictures which have been there for a while, it will allow me to slide through and...
  5. Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder: After updating to Windows 11, I'm having a lot of problems with the Photos App. If I upload a new folder full of images, it will only open the one that I click. On some of the other folders in pictures which have been there for a while, it will allow me to slide through and...
  6. Windows explorer freezes whenever an image file is selected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer freezes whenever an image file is selected.: Windows explorer freezes up every time I highlight an image file jpeg, gif, png, etc just clicking on an image file or using the arrow keys to go to an image file causes the freeze. Otherwise, explorer seems to be working fine. I can go to other folders, click on and open...
  7. File explorer shows the same image for any file selected.

File explorer shows the same image for any file selected.: I open File explorer and with the preview pane enabled I see an image for the first usually a video file file I select. If I then navigate and select a different file I can still only see the image from the first file I selected. It appears to be with Windows media player...
  8. In File Explorer, can no longer see selected files (not hilighted)

In File Explorer, can no longer see selected files (not hilighted): In File Explorer, when I select a file in the list, it used to hilight so you could tell, but since recently installing Updates (January 2019) you cannot see what files you have selected. This is a problem when copying multiple files since you cannot tell if you have all of...
  9. Unable to see selected buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to see selected buttons: If a dialog box pops up, I can't see which button is the default. All I see are boxes with text in them which don't even look like buttons. This means I have to use my mouse to click the button instead of using the Enter key to select the default button. Win 7 had a 3D...
  10. File Explorer crash when selecting files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crash when selecting files: Hi Guys, I have encountered this problem (in thread line) for the past 3-5 days and I have come no closer to any solution during that period of time. Basically, as soon as I left click or right click on a file in Windows Explorer it will crash. My Windows icon in the...