Windows 10: unable to see NAS drive in my network - win 10 Pro

Discus and support unable to see NAS drive in my network - win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi there, Today i did a fresh install of win 10 Home today on my laptop but i'm unable to see my NAS Drive in my network. I can put the nas address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by voyagerxp, Dec 2, 2015.

1. voyagerxp Win User

unable to see NAS drive in my network - win 10 Pro

hi there,

Today i did a fresh install of win 10 Home today on my laptop but i'm unable to see my NAS Drive in my network. I can put the nas address into the address bar in my Network and i can access it but i don't like to do it that way. I also use Kodi media center and now my nas is not showing in my network i can't add media content.

:)

voyagerxp, Dec 2, 2015
  2. pjl1520 Win User

Windows 10 Network some computers appear and others do not

I have 3 laptops and a Synology NAS DS 213+ all connected to the same network.

They are all running windows 10 pro

Surface Pro (Windows 10 Original Build)

Toshiba Protégé (Windows 10 Nov Build)

Surface Book (Windows 10 Nov Build)

Synology DS 213+ NAS

Surface Pro can see all Computers and NAS (NAS appears as Computer and as Network Location)

Toshiba and Surface Book can see other computers but not NAS (NAS appears as network location)

Toshiba and Surface Book can access NAS thru previously mapped drive, but cannot see NAS to map any new drives

All computers can see and print to all network printers.

All computers are connected via wifi - NAS is Ethernet to the router

As best I can tell, all network settings are the same for all computers

Tried Network Trouble shooter - no help

I plugged in the surface book directly to the router - no change

Any ideas?

pjl1520, Dec 2, 2015
  3. LarzzerX Win User
    Accessing NAS in windows 10

Hi. Have a Synology NAS ds211j. From My desktop computer running on Win 8.1 I can add My NAS as a net server. After upgrading my Surface Pro 2 to win 10, I see the NAS in my network and I can access it from my browser but it is not possible to connect to
    as a network resource.

Tried to connect as member or homegroup or as disconnected from homegroup. All other settings are the same as in windows 8 and I have also set up network sharing without password. Since I also want to use it as a printserver, which is no problem in win 8
    I hope there is an answer.

Any suggestions on how to access the NAS on win 10?

Larzzer

Actually, after todays upgrade, it work!

LarzzerX, Dec 2, 2015
  4. jistme Win User

Welcome to the club.

This issue has been going on since some Windows 'update' two weeks ago.
    Microsoft is playing deaf-mute about this problem, and has still not acknowledged this big issue that many Windows 10 users are now experiencing.

Some users say there might be duct-tape solutions, but I 've tried a few of those and nothing helped.

Also the last 'Cumulative Update' from yesterday that many had some slight hopes on again doesn't fix this.

So we'll probably have to wait for the next glorious Windows 10 update.

unable to see NAS drive in my network - win 10 Pro [​IMG]

jistme, Dec 2, 2015
  5. voyagerxp Win User
    Its a pain, when i installed Windows 10 Home on release day its been great but i had to reformat my drive and used the media creation tool and did a fresh today and my nas is knowhere to be seen. very irritating.*cry

voyagerxp, Dec 2, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    I have an old dlink DNS-323 and never have any problem with any build of Windows 10. I even setup to access it to ftp via ddns from outside my house. So maybe it's something that you did not setup correctly.

topgundcp, Dec 2, 2015
  7. voyagerxp Win User
    I've set it up like i have with my htpc and my wifes laptop with windows 10 Home and they are fine.

voyagerxp, Dec 2, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

Do you setup your NAS to have a static IP ?

topgundcp, Dec 3, 2015
  9. bro67 Win User
    If you have a Static IP and have the Hosts file or Kodi knowing what the IP and name is. Kodi should find it either way. Personally I would use the IP over the name, because less problems.

bro67, Dec 3, 2015
  10. voyagerxp Win User
    I've mapped the nas to a drive with letter Z and Kodi connects to it fine but now. Now i have a problem that when i restart windows and enter the desktop i get a notification saying my mapped drive is diconnected. When i click This PC my mapped drive has a red X through it.

voyagerxp, Dec 3, 2015
  11. I am interested in this also as I too have NAS boxes and Win10 does not see them. Same applies, I can type it in the address bar and it works, but click on network it does not

AirPower4ever, Dec 4, 2015
  12. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Dec 4, 2015
  13. bro67 Win User

bro67, Dec 4, 2015
  14. topgundcp Win User
    Something is missing with your NAS configuration. You should not have to map the drive. Under network, it should show up.
    Here's my NAS with two hard drives:

topgundcp, Dec 4, 2015
  15. bro67 Win User
    You have to map them if you are using them in place of say a person's My Document directory, etc.. There have also been problems with 10, that if you do not map the network shares, you cannot access them.

Every time Microsofts prorammers touch 10's code, they screw it up even more, every time. At this point a lot of people are considering what is currently rolling out as just Beta code, that is not prime time ready, because of all of the continuous problems that it is having.

bro67, Dec 4, 2015
Thema:

1. unable to see NAS drive in my network - win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - unable NAS drive

2. Cannot see Win 10 Pro PC on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see Win 10 Pro PC on network: I have a home network with several Win 10 Pro PCs. I recently added a used Dell 7040 Micro running a fresh reinstall of Win 10 Pro. The 7040 is not visible to the other Win 10 systems. If, on the 7040, I do Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network Reset and answer Yes...
  3. After Win 10 re-install I can't see my NAS drive

After Win 10 re-install I can't see my NAS drive: Had to re-install Windows 10 on a Dell Optiplex. Now I can't see the NAS drive using File Explorer. The files are all on the drive and I can see them using the Synology tools. What is the missing piece/ingredient here? thanks....
  4. Unable to see Win 10 PCs in the network

Unable to see Win 10 PCs in the network: I just had some windows updates installed (and a Unifi controller update) and for some reason, I cannot see my wireless laptop in Network shares in File Explorer from the wired PC. And from my wireless laptop, I cannot see the wired PC in File Explorer. Previously, I had no...
  5. Network NAS drive

Network NAS drive: I bought a new laptop on Feb 1. It had Windows 10 installed when I got it. I set everything up and installed my personal stuff and set the wifi adapter to "private" in the network and sharing options. Everything was fine. I had direct access to my WD MyCloud NAS storage...
  6. NAS drives and network

NAS drives and network: Hi All I have a WD EXultra2. I have a laptop (5yr old samsung) running Win10 I have a fairly new PC running Win10 My laptop can see my NAS drive no problem and can access everything on it. My PC has recently decided to not see my NAS drive - no reason that I can...
  7. Not seeing NAS drive

Not seeing NAS drive: Hello Peeps So I profess to being a Win 7 lover and a Win 10 disliker *Sad. Here is my problem all bar one of my pc's in the house have Win 7 installed. The laptop with Win10 will see my house router, as does all the other machines, but won't see my Seagate NAS drive that...
  8. Cannot See networked Computers Win 10 Pro

Cannot See networked Computers Win 10 Pro: For some reason, I cannot see my networked computers on the network after the Windows 10 anniversary update. I have 4 windows 10 Pro computers on my home network, all was working before the update. Home group network appears to be working. Network Discovery is enabled. Thanks...
  9. Win 10 not seeing NAS

Win 10 not seeing NAS: Hello Looking for some assistance, thought myself fairly intelligent *092 but this is stumping me. Have a couple of Laptops running Win 7 (lovely software) and one running this muck called win 10. I have a Seagate NAS drive on my network that all other laptops are mapped...
  10. Occasionally unable to see NAS drives in home network, Win10 64-bit

Occasionally unable to see NAS drives in home network, Win10 64-bit: Win 10 64-bit. Paired Drobo 5N2 NAS. These two units (synched with a master and slave) are attached through my home network. Every once in a while, the master unit will become undiscoverable in File Explorer. It remains "ping-able". The resolution of the problem is to reboot,...