Windows 10: Unable to see network location

Discus and support Unable to see network location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a USB drive connected to my TP-LINK Archer VR600 router. I've successfully set this drive as a network location on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trexmkii, May 31, 2018.

1. trexmkii Win User

Unable to see network location

Hi everyone,
    I have a USB drive connected to my TP-LINK Archer VR600 router.
    I've successfully set this drive as a network location on my laptop (running windows 10) with no issues whatsoever.
    However, when trying to do the exact same thing on my desktop PC, I'm unable to see drive on my network at all.
    I've tried switching to a static IP, tried connecting the PC using both wired and wireless connections and made sure the network settings are identical on both machines but had no luck.
    When the laptop is on, I can see it on my network as well as other device connected to the router (phones, TV, printer, etc), just not the drive.

Laptop network locations:

Unable to see network location [​IMG]

The router (with the drive) shows up just fine.

PC network locations:

Unable to see network location [​IMG]

Same exact network, no router. Everything else works fine.

Any ideas?

:)

trexmkii, May 31, 2018
Thema:

Unable to see network location

1. Unable to see network location - Similar Threads - Unable network location

2. Unable to start Network Location Awareness service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to start Network Location Awareness service: Hi all, Can anyone advise how to get the Network Location Awareness service running again? It seems that because this service isn't running, Windows isn't "aware" that I'm online. And because it's not aware, I'm experiencing other issues eg it thinks my Windows isn't...
  3. Unable to see Win 10 PCs in the network

Unable to see Win 10 PCs in the network: I just had some windows updates installed (and a Unifi controller update) and for some reason, I cannot see my wireless laptop in Network shares in File Explorer from the wired PC. And from my wireless laptop, I cannot see the wired PC in File Explorer. Previously, I had no...
  4. Unable to see 5G network.

Unable to see 5G network.: Hello. Posted on reddit and no help so I came here. I am able to see my 2.4G wifi but not my 5G on my pc. My phone is currently connected to my 5G and my ISP says all conditions are normal. I am able to see other 5G networks but not mine. My network card is a Asus PCE-AC51....
  5. Unable to locate PC’s on the network

Unable to locate PC’s on the network: Have 5 computers all running windows 10 and are on our home network. However they are not fully recognized by each other. Only one desktop discovers all 5, the other 2 desktops recognize only two one being themselves and one other. The other desktop discovers two others but...
  6. unable to see shared network drive on router

unable to see shared network drive on router: How do I setup windows 10 to be able to see all my shared network devices? I am looking for my //net-storage/drive that is on my router. I did it long ago for another computer but forget how I managed to accomplish the task....
  7. Windows 10 1903 not seeing other computers network locations?

Windows 10 1903 not seeing other computers network locations?: Hi, I recently fresh installed win 10 1903 to a self build older machine. Its had windows 10 on before and everything worked fine, It wasn't used for several months as I needed to replace the HDD to ssd., and was having issues with the machine not seeing all the other...
  8. Unable to see the PC on network to share files

Unable to see the PC on network to share files: Hello, I am reaching out because my computer is not noticed on our network at my work. In the network we share crucial information and pictures of vehicles that we have for sale. My computer is the base for all of the pictures so I have to be seen by everyone. All of my...
  9. Unable to see 2nd laptop on home network

Unable to see 2nd laptop on home network: hi there so I have 2 laptops on my home network. previously I used homegroup to share files between computers and this was obviously stopped. I then just created a workgroup and shared files that way. however i noticed a couple of weeks ago that from Laptop 1 I physically...
  10. Unable to see all network computers

Unable to see all network computers: I have 3 computers on LAN - Ethernet. All computers in same workgroup network discovery is ON Password Sharing is off Computer LEE-VISTA is Vista, LEE-PC is Win7 and LEE-HP is Win10 LEE-HP is new out of box Win10 Home computer. When looking at network computers on...