Windows 10: Unable to see selected buttons

Discus and support Unable to see selected buttons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If a dialog box pops up, I can't see which button is the default. All I see are boxes with text in them which don't even look like buttons. This means... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jorick, Jun 28, 2016.

1. jorick Win User

Unable to see selected buttons

If a dialog box pops up, I can't see which button is the default. All I see are boxes with text in them which don't even look like buttons. This means I have to use my mouse to click the button instead of using the Enter key to select the default button.

Win 7 had a 3D look where the default button had a black border and all other buttons had a gray border. Is there any way to get Win 10 to show the Win 7 3D button look? Or at least to colorize the default button somehow?

:)

jorick, Jun 28, 2016

2. Unable to turn off PC in Windows 10

I'm unable to click on the windows icon ( the window panes) it won't work at all and my button to select to turn off my computer is gone. Unable to click on select, then start, select power button and then shut down. Now I have to go to the Windows icon,
    right click, select shut down or sign out and then select shut down. How can I get the button or icon back.

VikkiFields, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Unable to see unable to see the update icon on the taskbar

Original Title: windows 10 update icon in win 8.1

i m unable to see the update icon on the taskbar even there is no further updates are pending....

plz help me

Kapilyadavky, Jun 28, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Dont the default buttons look like these?
    Unable to see selected buttons [​IMG]

Windows 10 has a flatter look than that Vista/7 had. So the basic look is like that.
    If you want changes, you may try a custom theme that will provide an interface that you like.

5. jorick Win User
    No, they look like this:

jorick, Jun 28, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Your Run box looks like it is Windows 8. Windows 10 should not have the thick borders. Are you already using a custom theme to make your windows look like 8?

Please run SFC /scannow command. See how it goes.
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

7. jorick Win User
    I was upgraded from Win 7 Pro and it apparently kept my original theme. I selected the Win 10 theme and adjusted the accent color and now I can see the button highlight. Thanks for your help!

jorick, Jun 28, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

It does not and it cannot keep the theme of windows 7 at all.

That is not the default theme of windows 7. You cannot apply it there without patching the system files. Upgradation removes all the system files including the patches; and none of the windows 7's theme does work with windows 10 at all.

9. jorick Win User
    No, my original theme was a custom one that I had set up, so it wasn't the default Win 7 theme. I hated Aero so I set up a theme with custom title bar colors. Windows 10 thought the theme was valid so it applied it after upgrading. I've been having problems with it ever since the upgrade since title bar colors were messed up and it was hard to tell which window was selected. I deleted the theme and will continue to use the Win 10 default theme.

jorick, Jun 28, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Default or custom, Microsoft provided or third party, patched or colored, no theme or no little setting of a theme can be carried forward from windows 7 to windows 10.

Anyway, I am stopping here.

Thema:

1. Unable to see selected buttons - Similar Threads - Unable selected buttons

2. Can't see the Internet button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see the Internet button: Hello, I'm having some issues with connecting to the Internet. Today morning my laptop worked well and now when I turned it on I can't connect to the Internet.What I mean is that I don't see the Internet button in the taskbar / when I open the connections menu using the...
  3. Can't see the Internet button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see the Internet button: Hello, I'm having some issues with connecting to the Internet. Today morning my laptop worked well and now when I turned it on I can't connect to the Internet.What I mean is that I don't see the Internet button in the taskbar / when I open the connections menu using the...
  4. Can't see the Internet button

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. unable to see the partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to see the partitions: Hi when i click on my PC, i just see the C drive, when there should be, E F and D drives as well. i never had this problem before, everything was working fine. when i open the disk management, i get this message. i have years' work in those drives and this is a bit concerning...
  6. unable to see the partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to see the partitions: Hi when i click on my PC, i just see the C drive, when there should be, E F and D drives as well. i never had this problem before, everything was working fine. when i open the disk management, i get this message. i have years' work in those drives and this is a bit concerning...
  7. unable to see the partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Unable to see Windows 10 icon on Start Button on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to see Windows 10 icon on Start Button on taskbar: recently i tried to customize my taskbar using StartIsBack third party software so that i can have something different for my start button logo. After few months when i uninstalled StartIsBack, my windows 10 icon didn't appeared instead a blank space is left there. and the...
  9. Language select button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language select button: I recently noticed that my language change button at the bottom of the display has now threeoptions instead of two: English US Hebrew QAB - Unknown Locale qab - Latn US Keyboard. How can I remove the QAB? It does not appear in the Preferred LanguageList. The list...
  10. Unable to see Images in explorer when selecting files through apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to see Images in explorer when selecting files through apps: When I go to upload an image to a website, to load an image into gimp, or really anything that has to do with me opening a file in explorer through a non Microsoft application.. I only see the file names and not the images! In the normal file explorer I can see Images...