Windows 10: Unable to select / type in Personalize options

Discus and support Unable to select / type in Personalize options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am supporting one user who can access the personalize section (right click on desktop / personalize) but is unable to type anything into the search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by laconicbehavior, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Unable to select / type in Personalize options

I am supporting one user who can access the personalize section (right click on desktop / personalize) but is unable to type anything into the search box or click on any of the sub sections under personalization. They can access other control panel type items and make adjustments. They have rebooted their system. There is no group policy in place here that would be controlling this, but even if there were I Would think the user would at least be able to click through the settings.

Any idea on how I can reset the configuration for this?

:)

laconicbehavior, Dec 20, 2016
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 just updated. Now I cannot locate the screensaver options window

Hi,

Let's get this issue sorted. If you are unable to find the screensaver options in the Settings app, we recommend that you try opening the screensaver options from Control Panel. Here are the steps:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Control Panel, and select Control Panel from the search results.
    • Select Appearance and Personalization.
    • Under Personalization, select Change screen saver.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Dec 20, 2016
  3. Calling Problems on N97 Mini

unfortunately No,

and Go to Settings>Personal>profiles>select ur profile>options> personalize > and set "Ringing Type" to "Ringing".

Not "Ring Once"

coolbelief, Dec 20, 2016
  4. Unable to select / type in Personalize options

Welcome to the Ten forums.

I know this is not the answer you are looking for.

You didn't say whether this user has a personal machine or uses a shared machine. Sounds like a commercial / corporate environment.

If it is "their" machine, to isolate whether this is an issue with the overall Windows on this machine or an issue with this user profile would you consider creating a new pseudo user on this device with the same authorities?

Caledon Ken, Dec 21, 2016
Thema:

Unable to select / type in Personalize options

1. Unable to select / type in Personalize options - Similar Threads - Unable select type

2. Personalization Options - Backgrounds Slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization Options - Backgrounds Slideshow: Is there a way to choose multiple themes for background pictures, or add them to the pictures used for a background slideshow? I could do this in Windows 7, but now that I'm on Win10, I can only choose one (1)....
  3. In Inking & Typing Personalization how do I edit the personal dictionary?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Inking & Typing Personalization how do I edit the personal dictionary?: My Personal Dictionary has several misprints that I would like to delete. How do I edit the Personal Dictionary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-inking-typing-personalization-how-do-i-edit-the/9835957e-aca9-4feb-8257-96a040308c47
  4. Unable to sign in to onedrive personal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to sign in to onedrive personal: Hi, whenever I try a to sign in to my onedrive, the following message will appear "your organization does not allow you to sync your personal onedrive on this computer". For your information, this is my personal laptop and the account used to sign is my personal account. Hope...
  5. Print>Selection option not available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print>Selection option not available: What happened to the Print>Selection option available after yesterday's (12/17/18) Windows 10 automatic update. **Original Title** Print>Selection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printselection-option-not-available/18e9ce42-3e26-4428-805f-ca75656aecb3
  6. Text selection option in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text selection option in Windows: Hello, I want to know that if there is any option of text selection in windows 10 like that option in google photoes app, so can i can copy or translate the text written in the photoes i have. If yes, the how can i do so?...
  7. Select Keyboard Type

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Select Keyboard Type: Hi, I currently upgraded to windows 10 after that my windows explorer start scrolling automatically it had done this before and I thought it was a virus so I formatted my system and lost alot of data, now after an automatic upgrade for windows days back I turn on my system to...
  8. Selecting a file by starting to type its name... No longer an option?

in Windows 10 Support
    Selecting a file by starting to type its name... No longer an option?: In Windows 7, and before, in Explorer, I could start to type a name of a file that I wanted and Explorer would jump down to that file, but under Windows 10, it automatically starts doing a search of the folder. As such, I am forced to scroll down and find the file manually....
  9. disable Typing options

in Windows 10 Support
    disable Typing options: Hello I wanted to know how I can disable the options of "Typing" from the registry. These are three options that are activated in the following image: [img] 104393
  10. Unable to Change Startup Selection

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Change Startup Selection: The system configuration - startup selection is set to selective startup. I didn't so this and I'm unable to change it. When I tick normal startup and reboot it reverts back to selective startup. Any ideas how to change this? James 67757