Windows 10: Unable to select / type in Personalize options

Discus and support Unable to select / type in Personalize options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am supporting one user who can access the personalize section (right click on desktop / personalize) but is unable to type anything into the search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by laconicbehavior, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Unable to select / type in Personalize options

I am supporting one user who can access the personalize section (right click on desktop / personalize) but is unable to type anything into the search box or click on any of the sub sections under personalization. They can access other control panel type items and make adjustments. They have rebooted their system. There is no group policy in place here that would be controlling this, but even if there were I Would think the user would at least be able to click through the settings.

Any idea on how I can reset the configuration for this?

:)

laconicbehavior, Dec 20, 2016
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 just updated. Now I cannot locate the screensaver options window

Hi,

Let's get this issue sorted. If you are unable to find the screensaver options in the Settings app, we recommend that you try opening the screensaver options from Control Panel. Here are the steps:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Control Panel, and select Control Panel from the search results.
    • Select Appearance and Personalization.
    • Under Personalization, select Change screen saver.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Dec 20, 2016
  3. Calling Problems on N97 Mini

unfortunately No,

and Go to Settings>Personal>profiles>select ur profile>options> personalize > and set "Ringing Type" to "Ringing".

Not "Ring Once"

coolbelief, Dec 20, 2016
  4. Unable to select / type in Personalize options

Welcome to the Ten forums.

I know this is not the answer you are looking for.

You didn't say whether this user has a personal machine or uses a shared machine. Sounds like a commercial / corporate environment.

If it is "their" machine, to isolate whether this is an issue with the overall Windows on this machine or an issue with this user profile would you consider creating a new pseudo user on this device with the same authorities?

Caledon Ken, Dec 21, 2016
Thema:

Unable to select / type in Personalize options

1. Unable to select / type in Personalize options - Similar Threads - Unable select type

2. Anomaly in selecting and typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anomaly in selecting and typing: Hello, when ever i open my laptop Dell Inspiron windows 10 64 the 1st icon remain selected and every time i click on something else, 1st icon open. it seems like mouse pad is stuck or something. it happens with pdf or webpages too, it get stuck at the top, even if i forcibly...
  3. Anomaly in selecting and typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anomaly in selecting and typing: Hello, when ever i open my laptop Dell Inspiron windows 10 64 the 1st icon remain selected and every time i click on something else, 1st icon open. it seems like mouse pad is stuck or something. it happens with pdf or webpages too, it get stuck at the top, even if i forcibly...
  4. Purpose of Location Select and Person Select cursors?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purpose of Location Select and Person Select cursors?: Hey.I've been making cursors for a living since 2015. However, since I used Windows 10 at one point in 2019, I notice two extra cursor roles, named Location Select , and Person Select . I know the purpose of all other cursor roles, but what are the purpose of these two extra...
  5. Purpose of Location Select and Person Select cursors?

Purpose of Location Select and Person Select cursors?: Hey.I've been making cursors for a living since 2015. However, since I used Windows 10 at one point in 2019, I notice two extra cursor roles, named Location Select , and Person Select . I know the purpose of all other cursor roles, but what are the purpose of these two extra...
  6. While Opening window getting option to select window type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While Opening window getting option to select window type: While Opening window getting option to select window type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-opening-window-getting-option-to-select/4da1164e-9745-45af-b41d-aca4d171be6c
  7. While Opening window getting option to select window type

While Opening window getting option to select window type: While Opening window getting option to select window type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-opening-window-getting-option-to-select/4da1164e-9745-45af-b41d-aca4d171be6c
  8. Unable to select default program by file type

Unable to select default program by file type: Subject line states the problem. Attempts to select a program to open a selected file type causes the Windows "select by file type" program to freeze. Sometimes a screen will display a couple of unusable options which, in any case, cannot be activated. Unable to scroll...
  9. Unable to select DirectX option in games.

Unable to select DirectX option in games.: Hi, i wanted to switch from OpenGL to DirectX in games, So i installed DirectX 12 which i finded from Dxdiag. so now when i go to my game settings, i can't select the DirectX option. Please help me fix this. I'm using windows 10 Pro RAM - 4GB Image:...
  10. Selecting a file by starting to type its name... No longer an option?

in Windows 10 Support
    Selecting a file by starting to type its name... No longer an option?: In Windows 7, and before, in Explorer, I could start to type a name of a file that I wanted and Explorer would jump down to that file, but under Windows 10, it automatically starts doing a search of the folder. As such, I am forced to scroll down and find the file manually....