Windows 10: unable to select use battery power with slideshows

Discus and support unable to select use battery power with slideshows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi there im going to keep this short so here is what happened i got a wallpaper dump i set it as slideshow the next day(today) i notice it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by amdcrash, May 1, 2016.

1. amdcrash Win User

unable to select use battery power with slideshows

hi there
    im going to keep this short so here is what happened
    i got a wallpaper dump
    i set it as slideshow
    the next day(today) i notice it does not change when not plugged in
    i say to my self
    i go to check the settings
    it is disabled so i re enable it
    then i close it and open it once more
    disabled itself*Mad*Mad*Mad
    here are the screenshots

:)

amdcrash, May 1, 2016

2. Rotating photos on the screen

heck if Desktop slideshow is turned on

Well, the desktop slideshow feature will not work if it’s turned off. So it’s important to make sure that the feature is enabled under Settings.

To check the status of desktop slideshow feature:

Step 1: Right-click on the empty area of desktop, click Personalize, and then click Background.

Step 2: Under the Background section, make sure that Slideshow option is selected.

Allow slideshow when on battery

With default settings, Windows 10 doesn’t automatically change the desktop background picture when your PC is running on battery power to improve the backup time. In short, the desktop slideshow doesn’t work when the PC is using battery power.

However, you can configure Windows 10 to allow slideshow feature when on battery by following given below steps.

Step 1: Right-click on desktop, click Personalize, and then click Background.

Step 2: Turn on the option labelled Allow slideshow when on battery feature to force Windows 10 to automatically change the desktop background even if the PC is running on battery power.

Check the number of wallpapers in the selected folder

As you likely know, while enabling the desktop slideshow feature, Windows 10 asks you to select a folder containing pictures that you want to use for the slideshow feature.

If the slideshow is not working, make sure that the folder you selected has at least two pictures as Windows 10 can’t automatically change the desktop background if there is only one picture inside the selected folder.

Andre Da Costa, May 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 desktop slideshow resets upon wake-up from sleep

I'm running windows 10 and trying to use a slideshow folder as my desktop background. It's set to switch every minute.

When I go to settings>personalization>background I set it to allow slideshow when on battery power.

I've also tried run>control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper to set the windows 7 settings to allow slideshow on battery.

And lastly, I've went to power options>edit plan settings>advanced settings and changed the desktop background settings for slideshow to be available both when on battery and when plugged in.

But when I actually run my pc on battery and wake it up from sleep my desktop gets stuck on a solid black background and all the settings mentioned above get switched. Yet when I right click the desktop
    and select next desktop background the slideshow starts up again.

I've checked all my backgrounds and none of them get cutoff into just being solid black when they are standalone wallpapers. I'm running out of ideas.

swim333akp, May 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 1, 2016
Thema:

1. unable to select use battery power with slideshows - Similar Threads - unable select battery

2. Battery & Power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery & Power: Hello, So when my laptop battery is low and turns blank, and I charge it before it completely shuts down, the Screen will still remain blank but it's still on....the screen won't come back on even though it's charging...I will have to shut it down with the power button and...
  3. Never using battery power in a laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Never using battery power in a laptop: I have a brand new laptop and I run it on mains power all the time (constantly plugged in) does this degrade the battery in any way as I have no way of taking the battery out because it is housed inside the machine. I have Googled this and have a number of different thoughts...
  4. Battery power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery power: I have a Samsung Book S, the battery only charges to 85% power. How can I increase this to 100% charge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-power/1edd3839-5467-45c6-967b-5f0a9586885d
  5. power and battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power and battery: windows get abruptely off when battery reaches below 70 to 75%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-and-battery/221b44a1-01e3-4bd6-af2f-e0f9b0e89db3
  6. battery power

battery power: how much percentage do I charge my laptop battery in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-power/f0cf560f-b076-466c-aa6d-6077921c4469
  7. I can't select a folder to use as a slideshow background

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't select a folder to use as a slideshow background: Hello. I'm trying to set a slideshow from a folder to use as my background for my laptop, however, when I select the folder, it always comes up as "No items match your search." Is there any way to solve this issue? It'd be highly appreciated!...
  8. Battery Power

Battery Power: Battery power shows 100% but when I unplug, laptop turns off. Replaced battery twice, power cord still does it. Is there a charging malfuntion problem or is there a fixit available?...
  9. "Allow slideshow on battery power" turns itself off.

"Allow slideshow on battery power" turns itself off.: So I have my background set to change to another picture in a slideshow once a day, but I often use the laptop unplugged, and the slideshow doesn't change. The first few days I was confused, but then I realized that the option "Allow slideshow when on battery power" was...
  10. Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow?

Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow?: Now that I've upgraded to Windows 10, I can no longer manage my slideshows for my desktop. In Win 7 and Win 8, I could manage whether or not to shuffle my slideshow and whether to pause the slideshow when on battery power. You can see that screen by looking at my tablet,...