Windows 10: Unable to Set METERED CONNECTION

Discus and support Unable to Set METERED CONNECTION in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Windows 10 Home insider preview Single Language, with 1803 version, OS Build is 17692.1004 It was updated to this Build on 09/07/2018.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Subhadeep2018, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Unable to Set METERED CONNECTION

Hi, I am using Windows 10 Home insider preview Single Language, with 1803 version, OS Build is 17692.1004

It was updated to this Build on 09/07/2018. After this update I am unable to find an option. I use cellular data which is limited so I always used it as a metered connection, but after this update, I am unable to find that option.

I followed :

1. Select Start  > Settings  > Network & Internet> Wi-Fi  > Manage known networks.
    2. Select the Wi-Fi network > Properties> turn on Set as metered connection

As it was found on the help section, but I did not find any option with this. So I need help. If anybody can help me with this. how to set my connection as metered.

Thanks

:)

Subhadeep2018, Jul 19, 2018
  2. EdTittel Win User

Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

Please permit me to respectfully disagree, battlezone. Not only is it possible to do this, TenForums offers a tutorial that explains exactly how, step-by-step: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10. Do please check it out, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Unable to set metered connection in Windows 10.

Hi Riyad,

To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

Set a Wi-Fi network connection as metered. Here's how:

• Select Start
      > Settings >
      Network & Internet >
      Wi-Fi >
      Manage known networks.
    • Select the Wi-Fi network > Properties
      > turn on Set as metered connection.
    Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Unable to Set METERED CONNECTION

Set Metered Connection not an option

Hi,

You may try the steps below and check.

To set a Wi-Fi network connection as metered:

• Select Start > Settings > Network & Internet
      > Wi-Fi > Manage known networks.
    • Select the Wi-Fi network > Properties > turn on Set as metered connection
    Hope this helps.

Joy Kemprai, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Unable to Set METERED CONNECTION

1. Unable to Set METERED CONNECTION - Similar Threads - Unable Set METERED

2. Cannot set broadband connection to metered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set broadband connection to metered: For some reason when using my phone for cellular I cannot enable metered connection on it like I used to be able to in windows 10 I tried changing it in the registry and that did not work either. I'm quite frustrated because microsoft edge just HAD to update and ruin my day...
  3. Unable to set connection as "metered"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to set connection as "metered": Problem: I connect to a WiFi network, then I open connection settings and set the connection to metered. When I go back to connection settings, the metered connection toggle switch is in "off state". The problem isn't specific to a connection, I've tried on multiple...
  4. setting up metered connection

setting up metered connection: I cant turn on metered connection on my windows 10.My laptop is connected to a wifi network. metered connection button is visible i cant turn it on . here is a screenshot attached below. [ATTACH]...
  5. Windows 10 Metered Connection settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Metered Connection settings: 1. Metered Connection is Enabled / Disabled individually per WiFi or Ethernet network through Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi (left panel) > WiFi adapters connected to the PC appears on the right panel > Under WiFi adapter (ON) > Manage known networks > click on the WiFi...
  6. Set metered connection as default?

Set metered connection as default?: Hi! Is there away to set metered connections as the default, rather than having to remember to set each new network as metered? (It seems I use a lot of different networks, and as soon as I connect to one that I have forgotten to set as metered - BAM! Windows wrecks my...
  7. Set Win 10 connection as a metered connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Win 10 connection as a metered connection: My LAN is connected via router to a metered NBN connection. I do NOT want to connect to the router via WiFi. So how do I set WIN 10 to accept the LAN connection as a metered connection? OS Win 10 home. Thanks in advance Bill...
  8. Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?: I would like to set a metered connection for Ethernet so that I don't have to sufffer the inopportune auto-updates and can instead update Windows when it's convenient for me. Alas, in Network & Internet > Ethernet, "Set metered connection" is greyed out. How do I enable this...
  9. set metered connection is not activate

set metered connection is not activate: hi i am trying to active set metered connection in my setting , when i active it and leave setting and return it switched to OFF again i tried this way " netsh wlan set profileparameter name=dlink_DWR-932_6789 cost=fixed " and it shows " Profile "dlink_DWR-932_6789"...
  10. How to set a connection as non-metered?

How to set a connection as non-metered?: Hi, I have installed the latest build of Windows 10 and I am using a Huawei modem E173 to connect to internet. The problem is that the connection is set as metered and I cant install any updates and also the connection drops frequently. How to solve these problems? Thanks,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to set internet as metered